Letting you take a break from your mundane life and escape into nature, Kolad camping offers you the perfect blend of fun, thrill, intimacy, and scenic views. Set far away from the madding hustle and bustle of the city, the top-rated campsites in Kolad like Camp River Rush by Getsetcamp and DMARC Nature Camp have all the facilities and amenities for you to enjoy a tranquil stay amidst the untamed wilderness. You can wake up to the mesmerizing views of misty mountains and sleep to the enchanting sounds of the gurgling Kundalika river.
Camping in Kolad will not only offer you the opportunity to seek and hideout amidst the splendors of mother nature, but will also let you enjoy a myriad of fun-filled and thrilling recreational activities. Famous campstays like Sterling Nature Trails Kundalika and Wilder West Adventures will let you engage in many adrenaline-pumping activities including river rafting, rock climbing, ziplining, burma bridge, hiking, and fishing.
Camping enthusiasts can book amazingly curated Kolad camping packages at budget-friendly prices and enjoy a dreamy night stay in the teeming wilderness. These packages not only offer you a tent or cottage accommodation at the campsites of Kolad, but also offer you a well-planned itinerary to enjoy an action-packed camping experience.
People Also Ask About Camping in Kolad
Which are the best campsites in & near Kolad?
1. Sterling Nature Trails Kundalika, Kolad: Lying in the quaint village of Kamath, Sterling Nature Trails Kundalika is a stunning waterfront property, featuring a total of 20 comfortable tents. Each tent is well-equipped with an attached bathroom. Aided with a game room, a huge open play area, and children activities, the campstay offers family-friendly Kolad camping. Guests staying here have the opportunity to indulge in a variety of fun recreational activities, including kayaking, ziplining, treasure hunt, burma bridge, and laddering.
Location: Kundalika Rafting Camp, Village Kamat off, Mulshi Rd, Roha, Kolad, Maharashtra 402304
Price: INR 3359 per night
Amenities: Game room, picnic area, nightclub, table tennis, indoor playground, outdoor furniture
2. Camp River Rush by Getsetcamp, Kolad: Perched on the serene banks of River Kundalika, Camp River Rush by Getsetcamp features quaint tents, pitched amidst lush green expanses. The campstay is facilitated with western bathrooms and offers tasteful breakfast every morning. They also offer their guests an amazing experience of white water river rafting in the Kundalika river. Guests can also enjoy bonfire activities, indoor games, and DJ nights during their stay here.
Location: Roha - Kolad Road, Sambhe village Near Sambhe Bus stand, Kolad, Sambhe, Maharashtra 402304
Price: INR 3128 per night
Amenities: Dining area, outdoor furniture, lawn, fireplace, restaurant, picnic area
3. Wilder West Adventures: One of the most famous campstays in Kolad, Wilder West Adventures offers a wide selection of excellent accommodation options, including safari cottage, small cottage, suite, twin sharing cottage, and lake side cottage. Offering umpteen varieties of thrilling outdoor activities, Wilder West Adventures is famed to offer an adrenaline-fueled experience of camping in Kolad. Guests staying here can engage in a myriad of adventurous activities, including white water rafting, waterfall rappelling, wall climbing, kayaking, river crossing, jet skiing, bumper ride, paintball, mountain biking, scuba diving, and ziplining.
Location: Kundalika River, Sambhe Village, Roha-Kolad Road, Post Kolad, Taluka Roha, Raigad, Maharashtra 402304
Price: INR 3300 per night
Amenities: Watersports, BBQ facilities, bonfire
4. Yeral Camping & Rafting: Bordered by the pristine Kundalika River on one side and surrounded by lush green forests on the others, the beautiful Yeral Camping & Rafting offers an adventurous camping experience in the woods of Kolad. During their stay here, the guests can take serene nature walks and laze on the comfortable hammocks. They can go hiking and enjoy white water river rafting. The campstay also has excellent facilities to let you enjoy bonfire and BBQ nights.
Location: Yeral Village, Near Kolad, Maharashtra 402304
Price: INR 2400 per night
Amenities: Free parking, campfire, BBQ facilities, outdoor activities, seating area
5. Empower Children's Activity Camps, Kolad: Spread across a land of 50 acres and surrounded by green expanses, a picturesque river, and majestic hills, Empower Children's Activity Camps is tucked in a serene environment, away from the chaotic city. Offering a playground, indoor games, and activity centre, this beautiful campstay is known for its kids-friendly Kolad camping experience. Equipped with conference facilities and business services, the campstay is also suitable for corporate events. Guests can enjoy ample outdoor activities including trekking, flying fox, shooting, river rafting, rock climbing, commando crossing, & bonfire.
Location: Empower Activity Camps, Village Kundli, 14 Km Off Kolad, Taluka, Roha, Maharashtra 402304
Price: INR 2,632 per night
Amenities: Lawn, seating area, fireplace, picnic area, playground, dining area, conference room
6. Campistaan (Kolad): Featuring well-equipped waterproof tents and a private swimming pool, Campistaan offers a super luxurious Kolad camping experience. The campstay offers 24 hours room service and delicious cooked food. It also allows its guests to enjoy a number of fun-filled recreational activities including picnicking, table tennis, badminton, and campfire. Adventure seekers can also enjoy river rafting, rifle shooting, and archery.
Location: Near Dhavdi Pull, Yeral - Kamat road, Roha Taluka, Raigad district, Kolad, Maharashtra - 402308
Price: INR 3,064 per night
Amenities: Picnic area, outdoor furniture, playground, bonfire, restaurant, indoor games
7. DMARC Nature Camp: Nestled in a thick forest and surrounded by majestic hills, serene lakes, verdant valleys, and picturesque waterfalls, DMARC Nature Camp offers excellent jungle camping experience. This campsite features tents as well as rooms and lets you wake up to the breathtaking views of lush wild vegetation every morning. Guests staying at this campsite can engage in birdwatching and spot umpteen varieties of colourful birds including kingfisher, peasant crow, Nubian woodpecker, and peafowl. They can also enjoy fishing, crab catching, river rafting, stargazing, bonfire, and BBQ nights.
Location: Vadacha Mal, behind Empower Activity Centre Kundli Border village Bhagad Kolad, Taluka, Mangaon, Maharashtra 402308
Amenities: Restaurant, free parking, kitchen, free parking, BBQ facilities, campfire
What is the best time for camping in Kolad?
The most ideal time for camping in Kolad is during the winter season, between the months of October and March. During this time of the year, the weather is pleasant and cool with no rainfall, letting you enjoy an uncompromised camping experience.
Is monsoon a good time for camping in Kolad?
Yes, monsoon is a great time to enjoy Kolad camping, provided you are staying in a waterproof tent. Camping here in monsoon lets you soak in the lush green surroundings and enjoy excellent white water rafting in the Kundalika River.
What are essential things to carry while camping in Kolad?
Tent (most campsites have their own tents)
-Clothing & Footwear
Synthetic / woollen socks
-Rain / Cold Weather Clothing
-Health & Hygiene
Valid ID proof
Cash / card
How to reach Kolad from Mumbai?
-By Car: Well paved roads connect Mumbai to Kolad and let you drive through a scenic route to reach your destination.
-By Train: You can take a train - the Diva Sawantwadi Passenger or the Dadar Ratnagiri Passenger - and get down at Kolad.
-By Bus: You can take a state transport bus going from Mumbai to Ratnagiri and get down at Kolad, which is situated on the Mumbai - Goa highway.
It is located on the River Kundalika and is popularly known as the Tata Powerhouse Dam. Apart from the fact that it helps to generate electricity for the local people of the village, the Bhira dam is quite popular amongst the adventure seekers too.You can also indulge into activities like water rafting as the flow of the river is pretty decent making you have the best experience. People also visit this place to do boating or just spending some time clicking photographs and enjoying the calming sound of water flowing.Location: Patnus Maharashtra, Kolad India.Timings: Rafting starts at 8:30 am.
Flowing from Sayahdri hills and originating from a small town known as Bhira, Kundalika river is extremely popular for river rafting. It is the fastest river in India making the rafting experience worthwhile. It has become one of the favorite places to visit in Kolad by tourists not just to participate in the rafting activity but also to relax amidst nature and flowing water.Location: Kolad, Maharashtra, India.Fees: Approximately Rs. 800 on weekdays and Rs. 1200 on weekends.
If you are a lover of arts and crafts, then Kolad Museum will prove to be one of the most amazing places to visit in Kolad. Here, you can spend time strolling around and admiring the sculptures of birds, humans, and different shapes that are beautifully carved out of bamboo and different kinds of woods. This place is also known as the Kolad's Kashta Shilpa and houses the work of the most talented Ramesh Ghone.Location: Ratwad, Maharashtra 402112.