If you are in the mood to surround yourself in the laps of nature, book yourself one of our many Kintamani Tour Packages and get ready to have a tranquil vacation. Kintamani is quite popular among travellers for its delightful vacation spots and unique attractions. For the best tour packages to Kintamani, head to Thrillophilia which offers an exciting range of packages for Kintamani.
Whether you are planning to travel solo, or with your family, we can assure you the best seasonal packages to the exotic location at surprisingly low prices and some amazing discounts to make your pocket heppier. If you Visit for the most dramatic view of nature at Mount Batur, which is an example of astounding beauty. Then there is Lake Batur that further amplifies your travel experience and gives you another reason to resonate with the peace of nature.
The Balinese villages are a perfect getaway for travellers who wish to explore the local traditions and culture of the island With ample modes of transportation available to take you to the island, there are a few things that you need to know before packing your bags for the destination. Get to know them below.
People Also Ask About Kintamani Tours
What are the famous places to visit on a sightseeing tour in Kintamani?
Blessed with amazing architecture, and grave history, the island of Bali, especially the Kintamani region, is dotted with all kinds of must-see structures and monuments. This place has one of the nine directional temples that Bali is famous for and is a must-visit when visiting Bali. The famous places to visit on a sightseeing tour in Kintamani is:
- Mount Batur
- Kintamani Highland
- Lake Batur
- Kehen Temple
- Luwak Civet Coffee Farm
- Trunyan Cemetery
- Penulisan Temple
- Wedang Sari Coffee Plantation
- Kintamani Plateau
- I Love BAS Agrotourism
- Kintamani Organic Farm & Tour
- Pura Pelisa
How to reach Kintamani from Bali Airport and what is the distance between the airport and Kintamani?
The cheapest way to get from Denpasar Airport in Bali to Kintamani is by driving on the road, a journey which consumes around 1 hour and 4 minutes approximately. Further, the distance between the two points is 69.9 km on road, which can be covered by a self drive car or a taxi. While it may take up to Rs 3700 to get from a taxi to Kintamani, a self drive car might cost you under Rs 500 to cover the same distance. Your best bet at reaching comfortably from the airport to your destination is a taxi ride.
Which are the famous pilgrimage tours in Kintamani?
Kintamani has more than enough temples to be more than just a pilgrimage tour. Kintamani rocks the world with the many temples that have graced the area. The many pilgrimage tours that come along with Bali, are attached mainly to Kintamani. The famous pilgrimage tours in Kintamani are:
- Tampak Siring
- Holy Spring Water Temple
- Danau Batur- Pura Ulun Danu Batu
- Kehen Temple
- Penulisan Temple
- Ulun Danu Batur Temple
- Tanah Lot Temple
What are the various modes of transport to reach Kintamani?
Besides using a taxi, you can also use other modes of transport to reach Kintamani from neighbouring locations. Public modes of transport like shuttle buses and minivans operate between various routes within and outside the town. You will have to check with the timings of the buses which are usually regulated for fixed departures but minivans operate in a rather haphazard manner. Hiring a taxi might be the better alternative for convenient travel while you can also hire a car or two wheeler for the same.
What is the best time to visit Kintamani?
The months of May till September are considered to be the dry months in Kintamani, which is apparently the best time to visit the place. Most Kintamani Tour Packages are customised for tourists during these months, which is also the peak season. Rainfall is constant throughout the year, which is why you will always find the area filled with lush greenery. However, the months of January and February might be the poorest choice to travel to Kintamani, considering the heavy rainfall which occurs during this time and makes it almost impossible for tourists to wade through the different places of travel.
Which are the best art and culture tours available in Kintamani?
The hub of Bali, Kintamani is the place where many dynasties of rulers ruled and left behind many such temples or sights. The arts and culture found in Kintamani are probably greater than anywhere else on the planet. The best Art and Culture tours available in Kintamani are:
- Full day Kintamani Tour in Bali
- Full day tour to/of Ubud-Kintamani in Bali
- Cycling Expedition in Kintamani
- Break of light trek to Mount Batur in Bali
- Cultural Tour in Kintamani Ubud
- Short Trek to Mount Batur Kintamani
- Tampak Siring Temple tour
- ATV Ride of Kintamani Tour
- Chopper tour of Kintamani Volcano
- Mountain Cycling in Ubud Village
- Lake Beraten Tour
- Bali Agung Tours
- Tanah Lot Tour
- Bali Bintang Tour Company
- Bali Food Safari
- Dewa Bali Tours- Ubud Art Village Tour
- Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat
- Bali Griyasari Traditional Dance Tour
- Bali Bagus Tours
- Sandy Infield and Drawing Holidays
- Balinese Art Tour
- Half Day to Ubud and Tanah Lot
- Traditional Handicraft Tour in Ubud
What are the best trekking tours in Kintamani?
With the many rocky terrains of Kintamani, it is one of the best places to go hiking or trekking. Trekking in Kintamani is virtually on every Backpacker’s bucket list. The best trekking tours in Kintamani are:
- Bali Volcano Trekking
- Bali Trekking Mount Batur Guide
- Gede LEmoh Trekking
- Bagus Bali Sunrise Trekking
- Mt. Batur and Agung Sunrise Trekking
Can I rent a motorbike or a bicycle in Kintamani?
Motorbike rentals are quite common in Kintamani where the travellers like to rent a bike and travel in a self driven vehicle. Motorbike rentals are quite plain and cheap, not only in Kintamani but whole of Bali. Bike rentals in Kintamani start at a mere cost of 100000 IDR. If you are someone who is travelling to Kintamani solo or wish to save up on your travel expenses, this might just be the best way for you to holiday at this place. However, given the messy road transport conditions in Kintamani, you ought to be careful about riding that bike in the town.
Is it safe to travel to Kintamani?
Most visitors to Bali, who prefer to experience one or more outdoor activity, turn up at Kintamani to view the only active volcano in the country. There is no risk in taking this journey but while you are on your hike or trek. Just make sure that you are well equipped with adequate safety gear and comfortable footwear, which will make your journey easier.
What are the different activities one can do in Kintamani?
- Trek to Mount Batur: Reach here to view the rising sun and experience the glory of nature in its complete form. This volcanic mountain is a scene that you cannot afford to miss. Costs start at USD 60 for an individual.
- Take a helicopter ride over Kintamani: What can be better than an aerial view of this place with splendid views and natural sights.
- Visit the rice terraces: Experience the joy of watching conventional farming techniques and find yourself wrapped in nature.
- Visit the native Balinese villages: Get around these villages and experience their history that tells a lot about the people and their beliefs.
What about the temperature in Daytime/Night time in Kintamani?
The climate is generally warm in Kintamani, all round the year. However, rainfall during summer time is more as compared to the winter time. The warmest months of the year can be experienced during the months of November and December while the lowest temperatures can be felt during the month of July.
- Daytime: The average daytime temperatures swing between 30 degrees to 28 degrees all round the year.
- Nighttime: Temperature during the night time falls down to 22 – 24 degree Celsius at most times of the year.
How to reach Mount Batur and how difficult is the trek?
It is quite common for tourists to ask how they can reach Mount Batur while picking Kintamani Tour Packages. As long as it is not rush hour, you can always reach Mount Batur in less than two hours from Kuta. You can also take a bus ride from Ubud which will drop you to Kintamani. Another economic way to travel to Mount Batur is a minivan which will cost you under INR 200. Most people prefer to start as early as 2 in the morning to reach Mount Batur, just in time to watch the sun rise. The trek is not overly difficult but with the right gear, it can be undertaken easily.
What is special about Kintamani Coffee Plantation?
Most Kintamani Tour Packages include a trip to the famous coffee plantations here. If you may already know, Kopi Luwak happens to be one of the most expensive and opulent varieties of coffee in the world. The process of coffee production is unique to this place, which is why people especially come to visit these plantations on their visit to Kintamani. While you are here, you can actually wade through the cocoa plantations and take a sip of the famous coffee. You might possibly not find another place that lets you sit under a coffee tree while you taste it right there.
Where can we do Canoeing in Kintamani?
If you are looking for an authentic canoeing experience in Kintamani, then you should head to Lake Batur. The lake houses crystal clear waters in a 65 metre deep formation that occurred after the lava from a volcanic eruption solidified. The place remains open for activities all round the day. If you are looking for things to do in Kintamani, then you must absolutely visit this place and get a one time experience of canoeing in the shallow depths of a volcanic residue.
What are the best places to do Cycling in Kintamani?
Here are a few of the popular places where you can head for cycling in Kintamani:
- Lake Batur: At a surface elevation of 1030 meter, this track is resplendent with scenic views and thrilling joy.
- Mount Agung: When in Kintamani, you cannot possibly miss the mount that people especially come here to observe.
- Volcano trip: Feeling daring and adventurous? You can take a trip down the volcano that might stir up just the right thrill within you.
- Tegalalang rice terraces: If you are not up for much elevated places, perhaps you can try out the rice terraces to experience joyful cycling.
What is Barong Kintamani?
A well known form of dance, Barong is a type of story telling dance which is performed to depict the battle between the good and bad. It is a typical dance form which blends together history and mythology and is unique to Bali nation. Barong is a very popular dance form in Kintamani and Bali, and the locals take the reverence of the dance form quite seriously. It is believed that Barong is a magical protector of the villages in Bali. Mythological depiction of Barong, fighting with the evil witch, Rangda is a thing worth watching while you are here.
Is Kintamani volcano active?
One of the most famous tourist attractions for people booking Kintamani Tour Packages, Mount Batur is a favourite among people for climbing. If you are on an early morning trek, you will even be able to catch the early morning sunrise. Mount Batur, which is common as Gunung Batur for the locals, is an active volcano currently situated right in the centre of concentric calderas on the island. It is the only active volcano on the island and the last eruption from the volcano occurred in the year 2000. The solid lava can still be seen in the field from the peak.
Which currency is used in Kintamani?
Tourists can make use of Indonesian Rupiah while they travel to Kintamani, which is the local currency used in Bali as well. It is recommended that any exchange of the currency be carried out at the airport itself, which is an authentic place to get the best value for your money.
Any Tips/Things to know before travelling to Kintamani?
- Carrying or being found with drugs is punishable by law in Kintamani
- For driving your own vehicle, you will need an international permit
- Wearing a helmet is a must while you are riding a two wheeler.
- When going to a temple in Kintamani, always wear decent clothes that cover your body parts.
- Entering a temple during the days of menstruation is prohibited.
- Traditionally, when offering something or receiving something, the use of both hands is recommended.
- Before entering a house or a temple, it is recommended that you take your shoes off.