Sunrise Volcano Trek to Mount Batur
Mount Batur volcano is located 5600 feet above the sea level. It is best to trek to the site if you are staying at Ubud or nearby. Most of the trekking package involves pick and drop facility from the hotel.
You can rent a car or a bike to reach up to the site but certain risks are involved as the roads are unknown and remain dark around 3 am when you drive. Consider wearing layers when you set out because after you get to the top and wait for the sunrise, you might feel sweaty.
Location: Bangli Regency, Bali, Indonesia
Cost: Around USD 45 to USD 90, including breakfast and other facilities.
Timing: From dawn till 5pm.
- Invoke in this exciting Kintamani village tour and get a real taste of the countryside.
- Get picked yup from your hotel at about 8.30 AM in an air conditioned vehicle from Seminyak, Legian, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Sanur, Ubud, Denpasar, Benoa Harbour or Airport.
- Visit Kintamani Village with breathtaking views of an active volcano and lake Batur from the top.
- Watch the Barong and Keris Dance performance at 9.30 AM or Trance dance which is a traditional Balinese dance with a story of fighting good and evil,
- Visit Celuk Village at 11.00AM to see the process of making traditional gold and silver art, Batuan Village for the process making traditional paintings.
- Continue to visit Batuan temple, a local hindu temple steeped with rich culture and heritage at 12.00 AM.
- Enjoy Lunch at Kintamani with view Mount Batur Volcano and Lake Batur.
- Also visit the Tirta Empul Temple at 3.00 PM a sacred holy spring water temple at Tampak Siring village.
- Explore the Gunung Kawi temple, an ancient Bali royal tomb and visit the Goa Gajah Temple also known as an elephant cave temple at 4.00 PM.
- End your tour by arriving at your hotel by 6.30 PM.
Best Offers on Bali Tour Packages: Enquire Now
- Participate in this exciting cultural tour in Kintamani and get a chance to learn about the culture and tradition of the Balinese people.
- Start your tour after getting picked up from your hotel in Bali and leave for the Batu Bulan village at about 8:30 AM.
- Explore the village and learn about their culture while enjoying the performance of the Barong dance. Visit the famous Tegalalang rice Terrance and marvel at the sight of the vast land. Leave for Kintamni for a delicious lunch.
- Visit the Balinese coffee plantation and get a chance to taste from the different coffee. Continue your tour and leave for Tanah Lot and get amazed by the sight of the stunning sunset.
- End this exciting cultural tour after getting dropped at your hotel at about 7.30 PM.
- You also have an option of visiting the Mas village and the Celuk village in between your tour.
- Explore Bali like never before in this fantastic sightseeing tour of Bali in an ATV.
- Get picked up from your hotel in Ubud at around 8 AM and proceed towards the activity location.
- Bali ATV and Kintamani tour will start with an ATV ride from Payangan village along the rice terrace.
- Visit the holy spring temple which is one of the most visited temples in Bali with its unique characteristic and beautiful scenery around the temple.
- After lunch we will continue the tour to visit Kintamani Volcano, it's the most favorite tourist destinations in Bali and has an active volcano and a beautiful lake.
- End your amazing ATV tour of Kintamani at around 2 PM and get dropped off at your hotel.
Kintamani Highland Cycling Tours
Kintamani Highland Cycling Tour is a must do in Bali along with your friends which will be worth remembering. There are different cycling tour from which you can choose from. Make your vacation special with these exciting Kintamani Highland Tours in Bali.
Location: Danau Poso 53A, 80-227 Sanur, Bali, Indonesia
Price: Approximate price starts from 65 USD per person
Soaking in Hot Springs
Breathe in the clean air as you soak in the hot spring and enjoy the tranquillity. There is three swimming pool with an area of about 15 m, right overlooking Mount and Lake Batur area. The sulphur content in the lake is said to cure various skin diseases and restore power.
Location: Toya Bungkah, Indonesia
Price: Approximate price starts from 2250 USD per person
Visit Lake Batur
Some of the Balinese still remembers the volcanic eruption in 1917. This is one of the most visited tourist sites in Bali. While you are enjoying the scenic view take a boat out on the lake and then trek to the top of the volcano for stunning views, and then go for a dip in the hot springs overlooking the water.
Location: Jl. Raya Penelokan Danau Batur No.80361, Batur Tengah, Kintamani, Kabupaten Bangli, Bali, Indonesia
Visit Trunyan Village
This village is located at the foot of Mt. Abang, at a remote and isolated location on the eastern shore of Lake Batur. The villagers residing in this village are often referred to as Bali Aga (mountain Balinese), which refers to a conservative, pre-Hindu way of life with ancient. They follow a Neolithic customs and a very definite avoidance of outside influences. Once you are at the village you can also visit the Trunyan cemetery which is littered with human skulls and bones.
Location: The mountain village of Trunyan can be found at the foot of Mt. Abang,
Price: Approximate price starts from 50 USD per person.
Visit Luwak Civet Coffee Farm
Indulge in gaining an in-depth knowledge of coffee cultivation with this amazing coffee plantation tour in Kintamani. Interact with the locals who are well versed in all techniques used in the coffee plantation. Learn more about pruning techniques, picking, drying and other important information. In the past 10 years, kopi luwak has won the hearts and wallets. So don’t miss a chance to visit this coffee farm and taste the exotic coffee.
Location: Jalan Raya Kintamani, Kintamani, Bali, Indonesia
Price: Approximate price starts from 62 USD per person
Visit Ulun Danu Batur Temple
The temple is located at down in the caldera, at the foot of the Bali Batur volcano. One can see many-tiered pagoda-like merus covered in mist from the lake. The goddess is honoured with a tall meru of eleven tiers, the highest number. The meru of her consort, the god of Mount Agung, has only nine.
Location: Jl. Kintamani - Batur Selatan, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
Visit Penulisan Temple
The other temples in the complex are Pura Panarajon, Pura Ratu Penyarikan, Pura Ratu, Pura Daha Tua and Pura Taman Danu. The temple is made of ancient stones statues and linga dating from 11th-13th centuries, one of which is of Queen Mahendratta. And the best thing about the temple is that you can enjoy the amazing sunrise from the top.
Location: Puncak Penulisan is in the village of Sukawana and is approximately 3 km north of Kintamani.
Kintamani Organic Farm & Tour
One can find different kinds of vegetables, fruits, spices and Bali coffee. All these are grown by using traditional organic methods. And the best thing about this places is that just a 5 minutes away from the farm is Mount Batur and the lake. One can also find market stalls near that area that sells excellent quality freshly picked fruit are sprinkled along the roadsides of Kintamani.
Location: Sekardadi Village, Kintamani, Bangli Regency, Bali
Explore Museum Geopark Batur
Batur Geopark Museum, which reflects the biological, cultural and geological diversity of Bali, is located in Ji, Raya Penelokan, Kintamani. This spot presents a variety of information about global and national geopark, set up on the theme of an earth park.
A lot of valuable information about the geological formation of the Bali Island is available here. Visiting the museum is considered one of the major things to do in Kintamani.
Location: Penelokan Main Rd, South Batur, Kintamani, Bangli Regency, Bali 80652, Indonesia
Cost: USD 3 to 4 per head.
Timing: From Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4 pm. On weekends, from 8 am to 2 pm.
Visit Tampak Siring/Holy Spring Water Temple
The Holy Spring Water Temple or the Tirta Empul Temple is about 20 km east of Ubud. The temple’s name originated from the natural and sacred spring that comes to the place. The spring water is said to have magical healing powers. Tourists from all around the globe flock here with their immense faith at the temple and take holy dips into the spring water.
There are also changing rooms available here. Tourists are expected to wear sarongs, which are available for hire too, before getting into the water. Though there is no such entry fee here, you can donate a generous amount in the temple donation box for the preservation of the temple. Taking a holy dip into the pond here is one of the purest things to do in Kintamani.
Cost: Entry is free to everyone.
Timing: From 7 am to 6 pm.
Location: Jl. Tirta, Manukaya, Tampaksiring, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80552, Indonesia
Marvel at the sight of the stunning views as you trek in Mount Batur. The other volcano trekking which you can choose is Mount Agung and Mount Rinjani. Feel the thrill as you trek through the difficult paths and reach the summit. If you are trekking during the night it will be more changeling the usual trek. Make your vacation more interesting with this volcano trekking in Kintamani.
Location: Jl. Raya Banjar Gentong, Tegallalang, Kec. Gianyar, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia
Price: Approximate price starts from 54 USD per person
Canoeing in Kintamani
Your adventure would not be complete if you do not try canoeing in the lakes. Whether you are out with your friends or family this will be the most memorable vacation for you. Enjoy the serenity as you slowly canoe through the lake. The calm water and the fresh air will surely make you feel more relaxed. So make your Bali vacation more refreshing with these activities.
Price: Approximate prices starts from 68 USD per person
Hike to Mount Abang
The best thing about this place is that it untouched by the human development. So while you are in Kintamani this place becomes and a huge attraction for trekking. . The view from the top is simply breath-taking with cloud formations hovering over the lake and the volcanic cone of Batur on one side, and Mount Agung along with a picturesque coastline on the other.
Location: Jungutan, Bebandem, Karangasem Regency, Bali, Indonesia
Price: Approximate prices starts from 70 USD per person
- Experience the bird’s eye view of the beautiful Kintamani as you embark on this helicopter ride.
- Start this exciting tour after reaching the tour locality.
- Behold the amazing scenery and sparkle of Jade Caldera Lake located beside the majestic Batur volcano.
- Enjoy the helicopter ride for 20 minutes and head back home with lots of amazing memories.
Short Trekking in Mount Batur in Bali
Mount Batur is an active volcano which is situated at the centre of the two concentric calderas in the northwest of Mount Agung in Bali. This place is famous for trekking as it offers a gorgeous view, especially at dawn and dusk.
The summit experience is itself fulfilling when you explore around the rim and all the craters.
Location: Bangli Regency, Bali, Indonesia
Cost: The trekking here will cost around Rs 3800. No charge for children aged less than four.
Timing: From 12 am to 12 pm every day.