Tourists who love to experience virgin adventure can take part in activities like maneuvering the heavy duty ATV bikes through the rough terrain of the Kintamani village. Another adventure that gives you butterflies in your stomach is the helicopter ride which lets you enjoy the bird's eye view of Mount Batur and the pristine caldera lake.
Mount Abang is the third highest peak in Bali and tourists can hike up the summit of Mount Abhang through highly forested hiking trails and enjoy panoramic views of the mountain, villages, and the lake amidst the mountains.
Apart from these, there are also a couple of water adventure sports in Kintamani that promise euphoric experiences. Canoeing tops the list as adventure junkies can spend a relaxed time rowing through the placid waters of the lake as you soak in the beauty of the surrounding scenery.
Banana boat ride is another activity which can be done as a group. Sitting on banana-shaped boats, tourists can ride on them as the speed motor boats pull them in good speed racing against the waves and the wind. All these activities are performed under expert supervision and with safety gears like life jackets, helmets, and hiking poles.
People Also Ask About Adventure in Kintamani
Which are the best Adventure sports in Kintamani?
1. ATV Ride: No matter, if you are a seasoned quad biker or a newbie, quad biking is one of the very popular Adventure sports in Kintamani to explore the rugged topography on those beasty All Terrain Vehicles. Most ATV tour operators let you hire bikes for a couple of hours and you can steer them through many off beaten tracks like ranches, bamboo forests, streams, and beautiful villages.
Enroute your ATV ride, you can stop anywhere to capture some amazing nature vistas or even visit any attraction at your own pace. This activity usually takes about 2 hours and during this time period, you are free to explore the Kintamani region at your own will.
2. Canoeing: The caldera lake amidst the Mount Batur has sparkingling and calm waters that are ideal for canoeing and kayaking. Rated as one of the most exciting water Adventure sports in Kintamani with amazing views of the mountains around, a trip to Kintamani is never complete without canoeing in the lake waters.
Tourists can hire canoes and steer them carefully through the gentle waves of the lake. As you do so, revel in the beauty of the distant mountains, the clear blue skies, and the serenity engulfing the region. There are stalls on the banks of the lake where you can rent canoeing equipment and safety gears like jackets, and gloves.
3. Mount Abang Hiking: Mount Abang is the third highest mountain in Bali that is located on the eastern side of the caldera lake. The mountain is one of the few places left untouched by the tourism industry and hiking to the mountaintop which is at an elevation of about 2,150 metres above sea level is one of the most imposing adventure sports in Kintamani.
The hiking trail runs mostly through the lush forests and on the way, there are many temples nestled within the forest to stopover, rest, and offer prayers. The hike to the peak usually takes about two and half hours on an average. Once atop the summit, the views of the shimmering caldera lake and the landscapes around are truly rewarding. The best time for this hike is during early morning.
4. Helicopter Ride: One of the nerve-wracking Adventure sports in Kintamani, Helicopter Rides here let the adventure enthusiasts soar high over the region and enjoy bird's eye views of the landscapes below. As you zoom past in the private helicopters, you can enjoy panoramic views of the terraced rice fields below, the sprawling lush green valleys, active volcanoes of Mount Batur, and the sparkling waters of the caldera lake.
Helicopter rides are usually considered a safe extreme sport and yet the thrill quotient is incomparable making it one of the most sought after activities in Kintamani that the tourists want to indulge in to soak in the magnificent views of the terrain and natural wonders in the area.
5. Banana Boat Ride: Sitting on banana-shaped boats, adventure enthusiasts can enjoy the most fun-filled water sport, 'the banana boat ride'. The boats are then pulled by a speed boat that offers a cherishable experience. Usually 4 people are accommodated in the banana boats and all the safety gears like life jackets are provided by the activity operator. Tourists can indulge in the activity in Toya Devasya, Kintamani.
If you are a history freak then this Trunyan Village is a must visit for you. The people of Trunyan are from a customary town in Bali known as 'Bali Aga', or 'Old Bali'. These individuals from Trunyan Village carry on with an extremely conventional day by day life that is immensely not the same as whatever remains of Bali. The Trunyanese don't incinerate their dead. After a purging custom, the dead body is set in a bamboo confine (privately known as ancak saji) under the Taru Menyan tree. Taru Menyan signifies 'decent noticing tree'. This tree emanates a scent that neutralizes the smell of rotting bodies.It is additionally this tree from which the name Trunyan is determined. Location: Trunyan Village is located at the foot of Mt. Abang on the eastern shore of Lake Batur.Read More: Must Visit Places in Bali
With a lot of tourist place to explore in Kintamani, there is another temple which is a must see attraction for you in Kintamani. Arranged at 1745 meters and around 3 km from Kintamani this temple is a standout amongst the most antiquated sanctuaries in Bali. This sanctuary is the most elevated sanctuary in Bali and comprises of 11 terraces and the first five of them are the temple complex. Alternate sanctuaries in the complex are Pura Panarajon, Pura Ratu Penyarikan, Pura Ratu, Pura Daha Tua and Pura Taman Danu. Highlights: The temple is made of antiquated stones statues and linga dating from eleventh thirteenth hundreds of years, one of which is of Queen Mahendratta. Also, the best thing about the sanctuary is that you can appreciate the stunning dawn from the top. Location: Puncak Penulisan is located at Sukawana village, Kintamani, Bangli Regency Bali-Indonesia.Must Checkout: Popular Temples in Bali
Located in the foothills of the south part of Bangli Regency lies the beautiful Kehen Temple. This Hindu temple is at a distance of 45 km from Denpasar town. Once you are inside the temple you will find Panyimpenan Temple building keep 3 inscriptions which are relating to its contents and temple existence. Kehen temple is one of the famous temples in Bali and is visited by many tourists throughout the year.The temple is strategically located on the highland and once can see the stunning view of the region from the top. This temple is a must visit destination in Bali. The temple has a total of 38 stairs which are very beautifully decorated. On both sides of the stairs, you will find guardian statues (Elephants flank) of wayang-figures taken from the popular Ramayana story.Location: Desa Cempaga, Kec. Bangli, Bali, IndonesiaTimings: The temple opens from 09:00 AM – 07:00 PMYou May Also Like: Famous Watersports in Bali