About Lake Brienz
Forested by hills of Faulhorn and Schwarzhorn, the lake projects an amazing scenic magnetism. Also recognized as the turquoise gem, Lake Brienz is brighter and intense than any other lakes in Switzerland. The colour of the lake is turquoise because of the waters coming from the glaciers of the Lütschine and the river Aare carry small particles of the sediments into the lake.
With the deposition of the particles in the lake, a magical effect is created and is amplified to a greater extent as the lake is well maintained. Tourists at all times love to come to Lake Brienz because of its calm and still nature. The lake reflects the clear skies and the surrounding mountains, which makes the surrounding scenic.
You would also find a number of castles and vineyards on the shores of this lake, which entices the tourists to take part in a number of water-based activities and even hosts a number of music festivals all over the year. If you have not paid a visit to this beautiful lake in Switzerland, then why not take a trip to this amazing place with your loved ones and witness the magic of the enchanting environment.
How to Reach Lake Brienz
The distance between Lake Brienz and Interlaken airport is about 13 km, which takes almost 15-20 minutes to cover the distance which could be covered via following means:
- By Train:
- By Bus:
- By Ferry:
- By Car:
Best Time to Visit Lake Brienz
The best time to visit the famous Lake Brienz starts from April to June and again from August to November which welcomes loads of tourists from all over the world to the Lake Brienz. Also, Lake gets a fresh deposit of the sediment which makes the lake appear more like a turquoise gem.
Another factor that entices tourists in this timeframe is the weather condition that remains moderate and calm. In the peak tourist season, the prices of flights and accommodation facilities grow up, so if you are planning to visit Lake Brienz, make sure that you plan early to avoid the last moment price hikes.
What Not to Miss at Lake Brienz
Lake Brienz offers zillions of water activities starting from wakeboarding to wake surfing and from wakeskating to water skiing, sailing and windsurfing. Check out some of the most popular water activities that you can try out in the course of your visit to the Lake:
1. Waterskiing & Wakeboarding
These two sports happen to be the most sought after water sports in Lake Brienz. Also, you can surf over the waves at a great speed. The best part of waterskiing and wakeboarding at Lake Brienz is to be cheered by your friends from the motorboat as you spend some time admiring the scenic views of the mountains.
Lake Brienz welcomes all the adventure junkies with their windsurfing equipment to kick start the fun and adventure. The most amazing part of windsurfing in Lake Brienz is that you can see wonderful views of nature that not only surrounds you but also captivates you.
3. Surfski paddling
Places to Visit around Lake Brienz
Check out some of the amazing places to visit around Lake Brienz in Switzerland:
2. Giessbach waterfalls
On the way to the falls, you can see various scenic magnetism as well as have a great experience of the cruise or boat trip. Your kids will have a great time in the falls playing in the playgrounds and widespread gardens.
3. Brienzer Rothorn
Other Essential Information About Lake Brienz
Location: Lake Brienz is located at Bernese Highlands, canton of Berne.
Entry fee: The entry fee for Lake Brienz remains in the range of 30 CHF to 100 CHF.
Opening hours: Not Available
Distance from Lake Brienz Airport: The nearest airport is at Berne, which is at a distance of 44 km from the lake.
Festivals and Boat Cruise at Lake Brienz
The cruise on the calm turquoise waters of Lake Brienz in the middle of the mountains of the Bernese Oberland is certainly an incredible experience. These cruises take you close to the small villages around the lake and you can also get a chance to admire the famous and the majestic Giessbach Falls and sight many other smaller streams falling into the lake.
The best part of the cruise trip on Lake Brienz will be the experience of tasting a number of authentic culinary offerings from the gallery of the boat. It will surely be great fun and you can definitely spend some time relaxing and enjoy the scenic landscape.
The excursion trip at Lake Brienz starts at the jetty in Brienz. You can select the boats as well as the departure times. The entire round boat trip will take you from Brienz to Giessbach Falls, then to Oberried, Iseltwald, Niederried, Ringgenberg, Bönigen, Interlaken Ost and back again.
The cruise trip will take about 1 hour and 15 minutes and you will have an impressive tour in and around the lake in Switzerland, which is known all over the world for its enchanting scenic surroundings. The cruise trip will also let you relish the opportunity of immersing in nature and observing numerous small and big waterfalls as you glide through the refreshing breeze.
With the movement of the boat, you will come across the waves rippling, merging and heightening. This is truly one of the great sights that need to be witnessed. Relish the vastness of Lake Brienz and visualize the profundity of the water that has run through the Alps and collected in the lake since ages. Lake Brienz is an emerald set in the middle of the Bernese Oberland Alps.
Explore Lake Brienz
Lake Brienz happens to be a beautiful place in Switzerland that casts a magical spell on the tourists. The incredible backdrop of this place entices tourists from all over the world. The exquisitely turquoise lake, premier vistas of the mountains, craggy cliffs, forested hills and cascade are more than enough to tranquilise anyone visiting this place endowed by the best of nature's blessings.
Lake Brienz has been one of the most popular spots in Interlaken for various laid-back excursions, biking and hiking tours through these traditional villages and settlements like the Iseltwald and Bonigen. Here are some of the things that you can choose to explore in the course of your visit to Lake Brienz:
- You can head out on a hiking or biking tour along the long stretched shoreline of Lake Brienz. The scenic stretch of the coastline will embrace you and present you a wonderful experience when you pass through the Bönigen, Iseltwald and Giessbach Falls.
- You can go out wandering along with the Katzenpfad ost via Goldswil to Ringgenberg on the north shore.
- When you are at Lake Brienz do not forget to taste the authentic Alpine Cheese on Battenalp.
- The best way to explore Lake Brienz is by taking a cruise or boat trip. This trip will take you through the scenic magnetism of the lake as well as help you reach countless places of tourist interest.
- If you want to spend some time in relaxation then the best way to do that would be seating by the shorelines soaking up all the rays from the sun.
Tips on visiting Lake Brienz
Here are some of the tips that you need to keep in mind when visiting the famous Lake Brienz in Switzerland:
- You must take cruise trips and boat rides on the lake.
- You have the privilege of choosing the type of boat at the jetty. So, you can check out all the available boats and then select one that attracts you.
- The lake is about 260 meters deep. So when taking boat rides make sure you tie up the safety life jackets as well as harnesses provided at the jetty.
- You should not litter in the lake because cleanliness is something that attracts millions of tourists all over the year.
- You should not carry food items on the boats and throw your leftovers here and there. You should at all times throw your waste materials in the trash bins.
- If you are visiting in the peak tourism season then you should be aware of the fact that there would be certain hikes in the accommodation facilities as well as other things meant solely for tourists.
- Make sure that you carry all your identity documents and passport with you.