Varanasi PackagesTravel to the holiest city in India - Browse through a wide range of Varanasi holiday packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Varanasi vacation packages with exciting deals & offers, and get transported to the world of Hindu folklore and mythologies, temples, ancient monuments and a divine atmosphere, on the banks of the sacred Ganges. Ideal for one and all, be it the solo travellers, couples, families, or anyone else, all of you can savour the distinct vibe of this city.
Varanasi is a city that will bring a smile to your faces as you walk around the shabby, tapered lanes. Your heart will feel content as you attend the maha-aarti (prayer rituals) on the ghat. And your mind will be at peace as you go on a boat-ride on the waters while seeing the city from afar. And you can have all these experiences by booking the most affordable Varanasi packages.
Along with this, all the Varanasi tours would also include safe and sanitized accommodations, meals and transportation facilities within the city's premises for maximum comfort and leisure. Apart from that, shopping, sightseeing, exploring the nearby regions are also some of the other experiences that you would get to enjoy with our pre-made Varanasi holiday package.
Not just that, we also provide you with the opportunity of curating your own tour by adding all the adventures that would help you have the ideal religious travels, all at stellar rates, offers and regular discounts. We also have a dedicated team of customer support that is readily available to assist you at every step of the booking process as well as the vacation to ensure that you have a great time.
Popular Varanasi Tour Packages
|Bodhgaya Nalanda Patna Tour from Varanasi||7D/6N||₹ 18000||4.0 star|
|Kasi Gaya Tour Package from Chennai by Train 2021 | Flat 15% off||4D/3N||₹ 7200||5.0 star|
|Kasi Tour Package from Bangalore by Flight 2021 | Flat 15% off||3D/2N||₹ 7100||5.0 star|
People Also Ask About Varanasi Tours
What are the best places to visit on a Varanasi tour?
1. Assi Ghat: Located near the Banaras Hindu University, Assi Ghat witnesses the convergence of River Ganga and River Assi. With various ancient folklore weaved around the ghat, this place, included in the Varanasi Tour Packages, is often crowded by the staunch devotees of Lord Shiva. Offering prayers to the Shiva Lingam placed under the peepal tree and watching the mesmerizing aarti will definitely soothe your soul.
2. Kashi Vishwanath Temple: Famous for being one of the 12 Jyotirlingas, the Kashi Vishwanath Temple, located in Lahori Tola, is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The intricate carvings display the architectural prowess of the long-gone era. The temple complex also consists of several small temples like Vishnu, Vinayaka, etc.
3. Tibetan Temple: This temple is believed to be the place where Lord Buddha imparted the four truths of life to his disciples. The magnificent Tibetan architecture, glorious Shakyamuni statue, and the conventional Buddhist paintings add to the charm of the place, situated in Sarnath. The most intriguing aspect is the prayer wheel that gives out little pieces of paper with chants when it is rotated in the clockwise direction.
4. Dashashwamedh Ghat: The most relevant fable that is still circulated is that this is the ghat where Lord Brahma made the famous Dasa Ashwamedha (10 horses) sacrifice. This folklore contributes to the name of the ghat and holds massive religious importance to the pilgrimages. Situated in the Dashashwamedh Ghat Road, the Ganga aarti done here is simply surreal.
5. Man Mandir Observatory: Constructed by Sawai Jai Singh II in 1737, this observatory is built on the top of the Man Singh Palace. It is situated in Bangali Tola and is now under the observation of the Archaeological Survey of India.
6. Chunar Fort: Situated in Thammampatti, this 11th-century fort is a marvelous sight. The stunning architecture of the fort and the surrounding areas will leave you awestruck and is part of the Varanasi holiday packages.
What are the best things to do on the Varanasi tour?
1. Visit the Varanasi Temples: The auspicious city of Varanasi is filled with small and big temples at every corner. Visit some of these temples and there is no entrance fee for the temple, but if you want to skip the long queue, then certain temples have certain fees.
2. Experience a morning boat ride: Viewing Varanasi from a boat in the Holy Ganga will leave you mesmerized. Included in the Varanasi packages, the best time to witness the magnificence of nature is between 5:30-8:00 am. Boat rides range from about 200 INR to about 1500 INR and differ from ghat to ghat, duration of the ride, and type of boat.
3. Marvel at the Ramnagar Fort: Constructed by Raja Balwant Singh in the year 1750 and currently owned by Anant Narayan Singh, this fort is an excellent display of the sheer architectural brilliance of the bygone era. The entry fee to this fort is 15 INR per adult and 10 INR per child.
4. Take a dip in the Holy Ganges: Consider the holiest river for the Hindus, experience the feeling of dipping in the holy waters, which are said to offer salvation for any sins that you have committed. There is absolutely no money that you have to pay for taking a bath in River Ganga. If you look around, you will see countless people doing the same.
5. Be awed by the evening aarti: The spectacular sight of numerous priests holding brass lamps and the aroma of the incense sticks cannot be replicated. You do not have to spend a penny to witness and capture this enthralling sight on camera.
Try to reach before an hour the ritual starts in Dasaswamedh Ghat, which is part of the Varanasi Tour Packages. You can also opt for the boat rides in the river, which costs about 50 INR per person.
Which are the best places to stay in Varanasi?
1. Taj Nadesar Palace: Located in Nadesar, this 5-star hotel is the personification of opulence and royalty. The prices start from 16,000 INR per night. You can rejuvenate at the Jiva Spa, or simply enjoy a game of golf.
2. Guleria Kothi: Built on the Guleria Ghat, this 18th-century river-front house is accessible only by boats. The place strives to blend Indian hospitality with luxurious amenities. The price is provided on request.
3. Suryauday Haveli: Built by Nepal royalty, the Suryauday Haveli situated on the Shivala Ghats is now a luxurious stay and part of the Varanasi packages. Stunning architecture, innovative decors, and delectable vegetarian cuisine increase the charm of the hotel. The price starts at about 7000 INR per night.
4. Radisson Hotel Varanasi: Located in the Mall Road, this hotel boasts of excellent services along with a bar, 24-hour travel desk, and breakfast buffet. The prices start from 3200 INR per night.
Which are the best places to visit at night on a Varanasi tour?
1. Dashashwamedh Ghat: Included in the Varanasi holiday packages, the mesmerizing sight of the evening aarti on this ghat will leave you bedazzled. The lights, aroma, and the strong faith of the devotees create a magical moment every evening.
2. Durga Temple: Constructed by a Bengali Maharani in the 18th century, this temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga. Visit the temple late in the evening to offer prayers, and the tranquility permeated in the air will cleanse your soul.
3. Alamgir Mosque: Said to be built on the orders of Aurangzeb on one of his tyrannical tirades to promote Islam, this magnificent mosque overlooks the glorious Panchaganga Ghat. The architectural display and the intricate carvings will leave you stunned.
4. Chowk: Nighttime in Varanasi is much more vibrant. Visit Chowk to pick up souvenirs and satisfy the shopaholic within you. Stroll along the narrow alleys and explore the hidden corners of this holy city.
What are the best places to visit in Varanasi with family?
1. Bharat Kala Bhavan Museum: Located inside the premises of the Banaras Hindu University, this museum offers a wide range of displays. It was established in 1920 and now displays various sculptures, paintings, historic texts, etc and is also part of the Varanasi tours. The museum also houses an art gallery that is dedicated to the supremely talented artist Nicholas Roerich.
2. Dashashwamedh Ghat: Famed for the legendary folklore of Lord Brahma sacrificing Dash Ashwamedh, which means 10 horses, this ghat is a glorious sight in the evening. You can opt for a boat ride with your family and witness the grandeur of the aarti, or you can view it from the ghat.
3. Sarnath: Fables around Sarnath proclaim that Lord Buddha after attaining enlightenment came here to seek out his former disciples and thereby give his first sermon. The calmness of the place along with the beauty of nature around will give you the much-needed time with your family.
4. Kashi Vishwanath Temple: One of the most popular temples in the city filled with numerous holy sites. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of the twelve jyotirlingas. The architectural beauty and the importance of the temple in the Hindu culture is the perfect place for you to visit your family.
What is the best time to visit Varanasi?
The best time to visit Varanasi is during the winter season. This extends from the months of November to February. During this time, the temperature falls and is at an average of about 5 degrees Celsius. However, the cool temperature makes it easy to navigate as per the Varanasi Tour Packages without dripping in sweat.
How many days are enough for Varanasi?
2 days are enough for Varanasi. Within these two days, you can visit the various temples, ghats, forts, palaces, etc which is included in the Varanasi packages.
But, some people tend to extend their vacation or revisit the place with more days on hand to fully absorb the local culture and bask in the tranquility of this auspicious place.
Is Varanasi worth visiting?
Yes, Varanasi is worth visiting. Knowing the roots of the religion you are born into is essential, and for Hindus, visiting Varanasi is like a holy grail.
The devout local culture, numerous small and large temples, and the transcendent ghats along the Holy Ganga with aartis as part of the Varanasi Tour packages will soothe your soul.
What to buy in Varanasi?
There is a wide range of things that you can buy in Varanasi tours. You can buy the beautiful Banarasi Silk Sarees, the stunning Gulabi Minakari, the glass beads, the auspicious Rudraksha Mala, scented perfumes, sculptures, and ivory works. You can also collect some of the water from the Holy Ganga.
Is Varanasi safe to travel?
Yes, it is relatively safe to travel in Varanasi as part of the Varanasi Tour packages. But, you are bound to encounter some perils if you are a solo traveler, and especially if you are a woman. It is better to stick to the crowded areas and avoid the remote narrow alleys. Also, avoid the local scuffles.