Homestays in Kasol
Homestays in Kasol are usually present in the non-commercial zones of the village, surrounded by the natural beauty of the mountains, water streams, and the valley upfront. Some of the best homestays that you can pick from during your visit are the Parvati Valley Homestay, Thakur Cottage Homestay, and Hakuna Matata. Parvati View Homestay is situated right on the banks of the beautiful Parvati river flowing through the mountains and provides a great ambiance for the stay. Thakur Cottage Homestay has a beautifully manicured garden with an open terrace for the guests to enjoy their surroundings, it is a perfect stay for people in search of solace.
However, if you want to experience the true essence of a Pahadi House, and wish to experience the authenticity of Kasol, Hakula Matata would be the right choice for you. It is constructed entirely in wood and provides a warm and vernacular feel to its guests.
People Also Ask About Homestays in Kasol
What are some of the various homestay in Kasol?
Some of the best Homestay in Kasol are -
1. Riverside Guest House:
Located not very far from Kasol, the homestay allows its guests an experience of nature with a stream of river Parvati on one side and mountains on another side. The place can accommodate up to 30 guests. The accommodation includes breakfast and lunch/dinner.
Price: Thrillophilia offers a 26% discount on the stay at this place and the discounted price comes of Rs.960 per adult.
2. Natural Hill View:
Located near Sony Cottage, the place has a garden and a terrace with an excellent view. The accommodation provides free Wi-Fi service to its guests. The check-out time is between 11 am to 12 pm.
Price: Starts from Rs.1500 for mountain view rooms.
3. Jim Morrison Homestay:
The homestay is located in Manikaran Road and has private balconies with rooms to enjoy the view. Check-in time is between 12 pm to 1 pm and check-out time is between 10:30 am to 11 am.
Price: Starts from Rs.600 standard rooms on twin sharing basis.
4. Moksha Riverside Cottage:
This place is right next to the river Parvati and allows guests fishing and hiking experience.
Price: Starts from Rs.1600 standard rooms on twin sharing basis.
5. Pink House Homestay:
This place is in a secluded place in amidst of nature. The place provides accommodation with a restaurant and free Wifi. A continental and vegetarian breakfast is offered along with accommodation. The check-in time is 12 pm and the check-out time is 12 pm.
Price: Starts from Rs.635 per room per night.
6. Highland - Choj:
The place is located in the heart of Choj Village Parvati Valley and has mountains around. The place is famous for its camp stay. Complimentary breakfast and the free Wifi connection is provided to all guests. The check-in time is 2 pm and the check-out time is 12 pm.
Price: Starts from Rs.700 per room per night.
7. Colonel’s Dacha:
Located amidst lush green Deodar forest and Parvati river, this homestay comes completed with onsite restaurant, hot spring bath, and trekking options. Breakfast is offered free with accommodation. The place also has free parking for its guests.
Price: Starts from Rs.810 standard rooms on twin sharing basis.
8. Paravati River Cottage:
This is a well-known village homestay featuring the Himachali architecture of a wooden cottage with a traditional kitchen and a rooftop garden. Check-in at this hotel is 12 pm and check-out is at 11 am.
Price: Starts from Rs.999 per room per night.
For those interested in a little more adventure in nature, options of camping at the campsite near the Parvati river stream or at mountain base is offered by Thrillophilia. Tents with other amenities are available on hire which the visitors can use while camping.
Price: Starts from Rs.1250 per adult for riverside camping and Rs 610 per adult for mountain base camping.
What are the best homestays in Kasol for families?1. Hill Crest: Nestled amidst the towering trees, pleasant landscapes, and serene ambiance, Hill Crest offers relaxing rooms, on-site restaurant, & congenial hospitality. It is also located close to the Hot Springs at Manikaran.
2. Parvati View: Away from the urban cacophony, Parvati View is tucked in a quaint corner of Kasol. It houses a family-friendly atmosphere and offers tastefully decorated rooms, great views, delicious Himachali Cuisine and impeccable service.
3. Natural Hill View: At a distance of 360 m from the centre, Natural Hill View is equipped with spacious rooms, sumptuous food, a hygienic dining area and a lovely garden.
4. Colonel’s Dacha: Nestled amidst Deodar Forest, Colonel’s Dacha is truly a hidden gem in Kasol. One can always hear the sound of the gushing Parvati River, situated just behind the property. Amenities include decent rooms, delicious cuisine, and unmatchable hospitality.
What are the best budget homestays in Kasol?
Below mentioned are some of the best budget friendly Kasol homestays:
1. Highland Choj: With a beautiful view of the Parvati Valley, it is one of the best picks for bachelors and backpackers planning a longer stay in Kasol. The location of the stay is in Choj village, which is only 2 kilometers from the Manikaran Sahib and 1.5 kilometers from the city center. Guests can check in any time after 2 P.M. and need to check out before 12 P.M.
Price: INR 268 /night /person.
2. Pink House Homestay: The homestay is equipped with a small restaurant, free wifi as well as a huge balcony for the guests to enjoy the nature around them. The location of the homestay is in VPO Kasol, which is only 4 Kilometers from the Old Manikaran Temple. You can check in after 12 P.M. and check out any time before 12P.M.
Price: INR 339 /night /person.
3. New Natural Hill View: The Homestay offers a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher. The stay has large rooms with balconies with a beautiful view of the natural surroundings. This beautiful stay is located on Hotel Blue Diamond Road, Near Sonly Cottage B-II. The guests are welcome to check in any time after 12 P.M. and are requested to vacate the stay any time before 11:45 A.M.
Price: INR 799 /person /night.
4. Hakuna Matata: A country style homestay, constructed all in wood will provide you with warmth and comfort all throughout the chilly nights. Provision for bonfire at night is also available at the site of the stay. The stay is located in the beautiful Sosal Valley, 4 kilometers from the city center. The guests can check in any time between 12 P.M. to 5:30 P.M in the evening.
Price: INR 450 /room /night (Max. 2 people).
5. Thakur Cottage Homestay: Within near vicinity to famous tourist attractions, this homestay is equipped with a beautiful garden, and a terrace, and serves delicious home cooked food. The stay is situated near Hotel Sandhya, only .45 kilometers away from the city center. The guests can check in after 2 P.M. in the afternoon and are requested to vacate the stay before 12 P.M.
Price: INR 846 /person /night.
6. Cool Homestay Mountain View: A perfect match for people looking for best of the facilities at the best of the prices. Equipped with room service as well as a highly friendly staff. The homestay is located conveniently, just 1.5 kilometers from the city center and just 2 Kilometers from Manikaran Sahib. The check in time for the stay begins at 12 P.M. and the check out also needs to be done before 12 P.M.
Price: INR 536 /night /person.
What are the best riverside homestays in Kasol?
All the below mentioned homestays are situated along the Parvati river in Kasol:
1. Wood Rose Homestay: One of the best homestays in Kasol for families. All the amenities along with electric blankets to cope with the cold nights of Kasol are also provided. The Check In time for the homestay starts at 1 P.M. and the Check out needs to be done before 11 A.M.
Price: INR 1871 /Room /Night.
2. Blue Moon Homestay: All the rooms are equipped with seating and a balcony to enjoy the view of the valley. All serve delicious Asian Breakfast to its guests. The stay is located just 5 Kilometers away from the city center, making everything accessible without much travel. The check in time for the stay starts at 1 P.M. and the Check Out time is at 11 A.M.
Price: INR 432 /Room /Night.
3. Bianchi Homestay: A perfect homestay for families with children. It will provide you with a homely stay as well as food. This riverside homestay is situated on the Main Road in New Kasol. Check in can be done in the stay any time after 2 P.M. and Check Out needs to be done before 12 P.M.
Price: INR 1340/ Room/ Night.
4. Parvati View Homestay: A part of a beautiful 2 acre apple orchard, this beautiful cottage is set amidst a wonderful surrounding. Situated in Mateura, Manikaran Road, Kasol, the check in time for the stay starts at 12 P.M. and the check out is before 11 A.M. in the morning.
Price: INR 4465/ Room/ Night.
5. Raj Homestay: Equipped with all the amenities with a garden and an access to the terrace which provides a jaw dropping view of the valley and the river upfront. The homestay is situated in the tranquil village of Jari, 6.3 kilometers from the city center. The check in for the homestay begins at 2 P.M. and the check needs to be done before 12 P.M.
Price: INR 2115/ Room/ Night.
6. Colonel’s Dacha: An accommodation with a hot spring bath in the heart of Kasol. What else can you ask for? The location of this traditional homestay is at village Suma Ropa, which is only 3.3 kilometers from the main city. The check in time for the stay begins at 2 P.M. and the Check out is at 12 P.M.
Price: INR 1099/ Room/ Night.
What are the best homestays in Kasol for couples?
Below mentioned are some of the best homestays in Kasol for couples:
1. Parvati River Cottage: The Homestay is situated amidst an apple orchard in a small village. The homestay has been constructed in traditional wooden architecture and features a beautiful garden with a rooftop café.
2. Reet Preet Home Stay: This beautiful small homestay is situated on a cliff, surrounded by a beautiful valley and trees all around. It is situated in a calm and peaceful village close to the main city at Bradha Road, near the CHC Hospital.
3. Natural Hill View: Featuring a garden as well as an open terrace, the accommodation is perfect for couples and provides a beautiful view of the mountain ranges from each room.
4. Jim Morris Homestay: Perfectly suited for couples as well as solo travellers, this accommodation has been set in a jaw dropping location with a beautiful garden and seating in each room.
Can we play loud music in the Homestays of Kasol at night?Most of the Kasol Homestays allow music till at least 10 P.M at night. The rest shall depend on the location of the Homestay as well as the rules imposed by the owners. Most of the homestays situated away from the City Centre would most probably allow you with loud music even during late hours of the night.
What are the activities which we can do during our stay?
Kasol is filled with fun activities for its guests. Some of the best activities that you can indulge in on your visit are as follows:
1. You can go on trekking on one of the various famous trekking routes nearby Kasol.
2. If you visit during the winter, you can also indulge in skiing.
3. You can also experience parasailing as well as Paragliding.
4. Explore the local markets.
5. Catch up with your fellow travellers and plan a bonfire amidst beautiful nature.
Am I allowed to bring my pets?It shall completely depend on the rules of the individual Homestays in Kasol. Some of the Homestays do allow pets, however, it is better to confirm in person before finalizing your bookings to prevent any kind of difficulties at the very last moment.
What kind of amenities do Kasol homestays provide?
Most Kasol Homestay provides accommodation along with American or Asian complimentary breakfast and free WiFi. Some also have their own restaurants. Few of them come with camping sites and wooden Cottages. Many of them provide trekking facilities as well. Some of the others provide with Parking facilities at extra cost.
Will we get bonfire while we stay in Kasol homestays?
Some of the homestays provide for camping options at the riversides and at the base of the mountains. These have options for the guests to enjoy the bonfire.
Is it safe for couples to stay in Kasol homestays?
It is perfectly safe for couples to stay in Homestays in Kasol. With options for free Wifi and car parking for a rented car, the visitors stay connected all the time. Several homestays allow both married as well as unmarried couples to stay at their place.
The highly-rated homestays for couples are Moksha Riverside Cottage, Natural Hill View and Jim Morission homestay.
Is it allowed to drink and smoke in a homestay?
Smoking within the premises is allowed for homestays. Some of them also have a designated smoking area. However, some homestays do not allow smoking in the rooms. Some homestays, mainly those with a bar, allow drinking.
What are the check-in & check-out timings in Homestays in Kasol?
Different Homestays in Kasol have different check-in and check-out times. Most of the homestays allow guests to check-in around 12 in the noon and also check-out around 12 in the noon.
Can we sing and dance with a bonfire in a night at homestays in Kasol?
Every homestay, which has a provision for camping beside the river or at the base of mountains allows guests to enjoy singing and dancing around the bonfire at night. Thrillophilia has a special Kasol Riverside Camping package which allows the guest to enjoy singing and dancing around a bonfire.
What is the cost of a day stay of homestay in Kasol?
The cost of Kasol Homestays varies on the type of stay. The range as per the type of stars of the homestays varies from are from around Rs.600 to Rs.2000, approximately.
Can I make my own food in Homestays in Kasol?
Most homestays have their own provisions for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, hence there is no option for making your own food.
What is the maximum occupancy we can have in one room?
Some of the homestays have a maximum occupancy of two people in one room. There are some who allow two adults and two children in one family room.
Will we get all the meals i.e Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during our stay?
Most of the homestays provide free breakfast for the guests. Some of them have common kitchens for lunch and dinner. Some also have in house restaurants for proving lunch and dinner services. While in this area, one must try Honey Ginger Lemon tea as well as Nutella hot milk.
Apart from the homestays, there are a lot of restaurants around the place where guests can also go for their lunch and dinners. Some of the well-known restaurants are :
-Evergreen - for Indian food and Pizza.
-Mary Jane Restobar - for Chinese and Indian food.
-Panj Tara Bar & Grill - for Asian and Indian food.
-Moon Dance Cafe - For Italian and Indian food.
-Jim Morrison Cafe - For Indian food and coffee.
-Little Italy - For Italian food and Pizza.
-Parvati River Cafe - For Indian food.
-Bhoj Cafe - For Israeli food.
Which area has the largest number of Homestays in Kasol?
Manikaran area of Kasol has the largest number of homestays with around 7-10 homestay properties. The well-known homestays of this area are Highland-Choj, Raj Palace, Parvati Hill Cottage, Bicycle Cafe, Snow view homestay, The Nest in tosh and Yaheeni Naala camps.