About Lake Lucerne
You could plan a cruise or boating experience in these waters where you could organise a business event, a celebration party, a proposal or simply a romantic date. Whatever you choose to do in here, you will be astounded with options for a diverse fleet which includes historic paddle steamers and modern motor vessels too.
While on your cruise, you would witness the cluster of beautiful Swiss houses in its west accompanied by the untouched grasslands of Horw. While on its south, the majestic and pale limestone mountain chain could be seen creating a reflection in the calm lake waters.
Also the Seelisberg cut through by various tiny basins is situated in its south and the Swiss Meggenhorn Castle is aligned to the north bank of the Lucerne Lake. You could explore the mountain Rigi on foot and admire the beauty of the lake from a height. Every mentioned element combines together to make this a tourist hub which is appreciated by every person visiting here.
How to Reach Lake Lucerne
There are several options that you can choose from to reach Lake Lucerne from Luzerne station.
Best Time to Visit Lake Lucerne
The best time to visit Lake Lucerne is during the summers, that is from May to September. The weather during this time is just perfect and the temperatures range from 12-24 Degrees. Be sure to take your trip to the lake in the morning itself and not delay it since the place experiences thunderstorms in the afternoon and it might concern your safety.
What Not to Miss at Lake Lucerne
Here are some of the best cruise and boat trips at Lake Lucerne:
Once you are on board, you can satiate your taste buds with mouthwatering dishes while admiring the rocky shoreline and spectacular views. Also, you can dance to the tunes of your favourite Bollywood hits and have a wonderful experience.
2. Summer Golden Round Trip to Mount Pilatus and boat tour
3. A Scenic Boat ride and Lucerne tour with a professional guide
4. Private Boat Tour
5. The Picturesque Sightseeing Cruise
6. Lavish and Private Motor Yacht Tour
Since it is a private yacht, there wouldn’t be any other people except for you and your loved ones and you can enjoy the time in and around the lake in a better way. You are also offered meals in case you wish to have and you can have some delicious dishes while you are on the yacht.
Other Essential Information About Lake Lucerne
History of Lake LucerneLake Lucerne holds a significant place in history as it dates back to the 19th Century. At that time, the Gotthard Pass was becoming famous for transporting materials and men. The A2 Motorway situated nearby would remain closed for several reasons including landslides.
Hence, an alternative was needed at the earliest. Moreover, the villagers of Lucerne town decided to use waterways as an efficient mode of transport. Therefore, in the year 1837, a boat company namely PS Stadt Luzern commenced operations on this route.
There was significant business on this route, especially for transporting mail as well and the Gotthard route to Italy was the only option before. However, with the introduction of this service, there was an effective alternative and the Uri canton was utilised the most for this purpose.
In the year 1849, there were many operations on this route. Later, the connectivity of Railways to the town of Lucerne aided as well. More and more tourists flocked into this beautiful city as awareness spread.
Travellers’ Tips for visiting Lake Lucerne
- It is advisable that you choose the correct time and weather to enjoy Lake Lucerne to the fullest. If you are not adept to the colder climes, you can visit in the summer where the temperatures rise significantly.
- If you are considering a visit to nearby destinations such as Mount Pilatus, ensure that you buy a clubbed ticket as it will save you a few bucks.
- You might face some struggle as many boards and instructions are in German. You might want to learn a few of those words, or better use a translation tool.
- The food is quite expensive here so if you intend to order anything extra, ensure that you have a look on the right-hand side column as well. Spending lavishly on food, especially if you are looking for a budget tour can be disastrous.
- If you are travelling with kids, there can be an extra rush and hence you must take care of your kids in the crowd.