Browse through a wide range of Paragliding in Sikkim packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book Sikkim Paragliding with exciting deals & offers.
Paragliding in Sikkim is a popular activity for all adventure junkies within India and even a few outside the country! This Northeastern state has lush green valleys and snow-capped mountains all around! So imagine the thrill when you take a flight over the hills, the valleys and the colourful monasteries for a full 18 minutes.
Sikkim paragliding has gained a lot of traction in recent years with the advent of better technologies and better instructors! Quite a few adventure companies have opened shop here and are offering the best of features to make sure you get your money’s worth and are safe at the same time! The package provided by Thrillophilia includes the instructor’s fees, helmet and safety suit. Once you are assured that you are safe, you can freely float around in the air and enjoy your adrenaline rush!
People Also Ask About Paragliding in Sikkim
Which are the best places to do paragliding in Sikkim?
1. Bulbuley Dara: Located a little higher up the Resithang village, Bulbuley Dara is a high fly fight take-off point at a height of 2200 meters. This is one of the best Sikkim paragliding spots and offers you an opportunity to enjoy the beauty of Gangtok. The Bulbuley Dara is situated at the center of Gangtok city on the left side and has a stunning view of Kanchenjunga on the right side.
The temperature here is usually between 15-20 degrees Celsius. The medium flight is 1300-1400 meters high, taking off from Baliman Dara for a duration of 5-10 minutes, while the High Flight takes off from Bulbuley Dara, a little further from Ranka for a duration of 15-20 minutes. You can reach this spot via airways at the Bagdogra airport, via a train at the New Jalpaiguri station, or you can just drive towards the city by road.
Location: Bulbuley Dara, Gangtok, Sikkim
Price: INR 1,200 Per Person
Timings: 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM
2. Chakung Durpiney Dara: Chakung Durpin Dara site is located in West Sikkim, 82 km away from the capital, Gangtok city. This fabulous paragliding spot is situated 1700 meters above sea level and the landing point is Jorethang River beach, 300 meters above Sea level. The total distance covered during the paragliding in the Sikkim expedition is 1400 meters within a duration of 15 to 20 minutes.
The temperature in Chakung Durpin Dara ranges between 21 degrees to 29 degrees Celsius. You can reach here from Gangtok either via Bagdogra airport or via New Jalpaiguri Railway Station and then take a drive on the road to reach Chakung Durpin Dara. The direct Road for Chakung Durpin Dara leads through Siliguri but is not the safest way to take.
Location: Situated in the West of Sikkim at a location of 82 km from the capital of Gangtok city.
Price: INR 5,200 per person
Timings: 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM
3. Baliman Dara: Baliman Dara happens to be a village in the Resithang region of Sikkim. Located at an elevation of 1400 meters above sea level, it is considered one of the best places for Sikkim paragliding so that you can capture breathtaking views. You will be taking off for a flight at this place as it is located close to the city and you will be landing at the Resithang sports village capturing enchanting views of the whole township.
Location: Lower Sichey Near Banjhakri Waterfalls, Ranka Road, Gangtok, Sikkim 737101
Price: INR 1,000 Per Person
Timings: 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM
What is the best time for paragliding in Sikkim?
The best time to do paragliding in Sikkim is either in the summer months or in autumn, right after the monsoon! In the months of April and May, the weather is pleasant, and the region is mostly dry. There will be negligible chances of your paragliding adventure getting cancelled due to rain! Even in late August and September, the weather is cooler, and the air is drier. So these months are the best to take advantage of the excellent location and go paragliding in Sikkim!
Which are the different types of flights available for paragliding in Sikkim?
1. Medium flight: Medium Flight is one of the two types of paragliding in Sikkim flights where you get to fly 1300 to 1400 meters above Sea level for 5-10 minutes. You can enjoy the medium fly at Baliman Dara, Bulbuley Dara, and Chakung Durpin Dara in Sikkim. When you reach the medium altitude, you can enjoy panoramic views of the Himalayan ranges and the entire Gangtok city. The take-off point for the Medium flight is Baliman Dara while the landing point is a stadium field of the Reshitang Sports Village, 4 km away from the take-off spot. The entire paragliding experience, including the ground movements and the fly time, takes about 2 to 3 hours.
2. High flight: The second type of paragliding flight that you can experience in Sikkim is High Fly Flight where you get to take off from 2200 meters above Sea level. The high flight paragliding in Sikkim is available only at Bulbulay Dara, a bit further from Ranka and after take-off from here, your paragliding experience takes 15-20 minutes. After reaching the high altitude, you can enjoy the view of the snow-covered peaks of the Himalayas, the Tashi viewpoint, the Kanchenjunga range, and the Gangtok Township. The landing point here is a stadium field which is 4 km away from Bulbuley Dara, the take-off point, and at a height of 1150 meters
What are the tips to remember for paragliding in Sikkim?
If you are going for Sikkim paragliding, keep a few things in mind:
- Book your tickets in advance as this activity is popular.
- Carry the receipt issued by whatever company you made the booking with.
- Carry sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Start earlier from your hotel as the whole process may take up to 2 hours.
What is the age limit for paragliding in Sikkim?
The participant willing to take part in paragliding in Sikkim activity must be within the age limit of 14 - 70 years. Apart from the age limit and weight restrictions, you will also need to pass through a medical checkup before taking part in the activity.
Can we go paragliding in Sikkim in December?Yes, you can go paragliding in Sikkim in the month of December. It is one of the best times to visit Sikkim as the climatic condition remains suitable for outdoor tours.
The average temperature remains between 10 - 4 degree celsius. Taking part in the paragliding activity, you will be able to enjoy the picturesque scenic beauty of Sikkim.
What do you wear to paragliding in Sikkim?
It is at all times suggested to put on easy and comfortable clothing for this activity so that you don’t feel uncomfortable. You can also put on sports clothing to make you feel comfortable.
Is there a weight limit to paragliding in Sikkim?
Yes, there is a weight limit for paragliding in Sikkim. The participant must not be more than 90 kg in order to take part in this activity. It is also suggested for all the participants to have an empty stomach during this activity.
How much does paragliding cost in Sikkim?
The cost of paragliding in Sikkim would be around INR 2500 Per Person for medium flight and around INR 4500 per person for high fly ride.