Located in the foothills of Mount Profitis Ilias, Pyrgos is a beautiful village that is decorated with numerous tranquil cafes, souks, piano classes, churches, and bars. Bordered by several vineyards, this place houses the Historic Church of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary and the Kasteli, thereby offering panoramic views of the Aegean sea, the caldera, and a magnificent shoreline.
The former capital of Santorini, located at its highest point, offers an astounding outlook of the island. You can immerse yourself in your loved one's company, strolling hand-in-hand along winding alleys around the traditional whitewashed houses.
An old Venetian fortress occupies pride of place, and another exciting attraction is the Monastery of Profitis Ilias. Refreshingly free of crowds, this is the place for a tranquil holiday exploring the incomparable places to visit in Santorini.
Highlights: Neoclassical architecture, ruins of the ancient fortress, picturesque churches, typical Santorini houses, panoramic views of the entire island, romantic promenades.
• Visit the gorgeous village of Pyrgos if you are looking for the remarkable things to see in Santorini.
• Walk along the streets of Pyrgos to discover a variety of tranquil cafes, souks, piano classes, churches, and bars in Santorini.
• Shop for your favorite items in Pyrgos as a souvenir on your journey way back home that will also serve as a token of remembrance down memory lane.
• Pay a visit to the Pyrgos castle to witness the panoramic views of the entire village and its surroundings
• Go to a couple of churches while walking along the alleys of Pyrgos, including the Church of St. Dimitrios.
• Enjoy a drink between your Pyrgos sightseeing tour and soak in the serene views of the village
• Go to the Santo Winery in Pyrgos for a wine-tasting experience overlooking the Santorini volcano.
• Explore the much more recent history of Santorini through the WWII Monument of Pyrgos Greece.