Mount Abu Trekking
Browse through a wide range of Mount Abu trekking packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book the best trekking tours in Mount Abu with exciting deals & offers to pamper you on your trekking adventure.
Indulge in trekking in Mount Abu and experience the adrenaline rush that this lush green oasis offers to you in the heart of Rajasthan. Home to several mountains and verdant valleys, Mount Abu is a great place for people of Rajasthan to embark on easy as well as difficult trekking trips without travelling too far from home.
The Mount Abu trekking tours let you experience the beauty of the stunning landscapes of Rajasthan’s only hill station, in addition to pushing you out of your comfort zone. Boasting of varied terrains, pleasant weather, soothing vistas and a unique adventure, these trekking trips also offer you the chance to visit the many unspoilt hamlets, rural areas and wonders located in Mount Abu. Whether it is a fun-filled trek to the Vashtanji, or a thrilling trek up to the Table Rock, there is something for everyone whether you are a seasoned trekker or a beginner. You can also undertake some of the more unique trekking trails in Mount Abu upon your visit, including the Trevor’s Tank Wildlife Sanctuary trek, a visit to the village of Oriya, the old Tiger Path Road and the trek of Bridal Path, among others.
People Also Ask About Trekking in Mount Abu
Which are the best treks in Mount Abu?
1. Vashtanji Trek: When looking for places where you can enjoy Trekking in Mount Abu, the trail to Vashtanji Temple tops the list. The trek begins from the scintillating Guru Shikhar and ends at the Vashtanji Temple. It is in this trek that you get to experience the varied terrains of the Aravallis in Mount Abu, in addition to exploring the dense green forests and pristine beauty of Shergaon. The duration of this trek is 2 days and 1 night, and you also get to enjoy a camping experience, complete with a bonfire under the starry night sky.
Location: Shree vastanji Mahadev mandir 1 km from bus-stand (krishnaganj), Krishnaganj, Rajasthan 307001
Price: INR 3,300 onwards
Timings: 08:30 a.m. to 07:00 p.m.
2. Trek to Trevor’s Tank: Another one of the famous Mount Abu trekking destinations is the trail to Trevor’s Tank. Commencing from the Nakki Lake Circle, this trail covers the adventurous routes of the lush green forests of the area and takes around 3 hours to complete. Named after a British specialist Trevor, Trevor’s Tank is a man-made crocodile park and breeding spot.
Upon your visit to the park, you can also catch sights of various other animals apart from crocodiles, such as monkeys, carp fishes and more. After your trek to the park, you can also enjoy birdwatching and nature photography here. You can also enjoy a lip-smacking lunch in the forest, amidst verdant nature, serenity and tranquillity.
Location: Trevor Tank Road, Block No. 3, Mount Abu, Rajasthan 307501
Price: INR 450 onwards
Timings: 09:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
3. Tiger Path Trek: Amongst the most adventurous treks in Mount Abu, the Tiger Path trek begins from St. Mary’s School and lasts for almost 8 to 9 hours. In addition to offering stunning vistas of the surrounding hills, valleys and towns, the trail also gives you the opportunity to spot numerous wild animals and birds in the region.
Furthermore, the Tiger Path trek is also a great path to witness the rich and vibrant flora of the hill station. You can also enjoy meeting locals and indulging in local delicacies during the trek. The Tiger Path trek is also great for all kinds of trekkers, from amateurs to experts.
Location: near Aarna Wild the Campsite, Block No. 2, Rajasthan 307501
Price: INR 1,000 onwards
Timings: Open 24 hours
4. Trek to Mini Nakki Lake: One of the top spots for Trekking in Mount Abu is the Mini Nakki Lake. This 3-hour trek is perfect for beginners, and offers you the chance to witness the scintillating beauty of this hill station. Exuding tranquil vibes, the trek begins from the famous Trevor’s Tank.
In this trek, you get to hike through the verdant forests of Mount Abu, while also enjoying glimpses of the verdant flora and fauna of this region till you reach Nakki Lake. Upon reaching the lake, you can soak in views of the clear blue waters of the lake, tuck into delicious food or simply take a stroll around the lake.
Location: Ganesh Road, Mount Abu, Rajasthan, 307501,
Price: INR 450 onwards
Timings: 09:30 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
5. Trek to Shanti Shikhar: Want to enjoy Trekking in Mount Abu? Go on a trek to Shanti Shikhar, also known as the Abode of Peace. Named after a Jain monk who attained penance at the top of this hill, this trekking destination is situated at an elevation of 1,300 metres above the sea level.
The trek lasts for almost 2 hours, and offers serene views of the surrounding natural landscapes. The Shanti Shikhar is actually a dead volcanic peak, which is also one of the best geological wonders of Rajasthan. You can also visit the Shanti Park during your trek to the peak here.
Location: Mount Abu, Rajasthan
Price: INR 700 onwards
Timings: 07:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m.
6. Table Rock Trek: The Table Rock trek is one of the most famous Mount Abu trekking trails. Table Rock is the highest mountain peak in the region, and is situated at an elevation of over 1,600 metres above sea level. Consisting of rugged terrains, water bodies, shrubs, dense forests as well as grasslands, the trek is great for professional and experienced trekkers and requires a lot of strength.
It is called Table Rock owing to its table-like structure. Upon reaching the flat rock tip, you can enjoy pristine views of Mount Abu as well as the Nakki Lake, in addition to the unspoilt Anadra Village. You can also take photographs and soak in the sunsets here.
Location: Mount Abu, Near Nakki Lake, Sirohi, Rajasthan
Price: INR 500 onwards
Timings: 06:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
7. Pilgrimage Trek to Bhairu Tarak Dhaam: The Bhairu Tarak Dhaam is one of the top places for Trekking in Mount Abu. The trek takes you through one of the oldest routes in the region, and begins from the Anadara Village towards the west of Mount Abu. During the trek, you get to experience the local cultures and stories of the village, from where the locals used to take food and other things up to the top of the hill, where the ancient Jain temple is located. Great for beginners as well as experienced trekkers, this pilgrimage trek also offers you a chance to visit the temple, do rituals here as well as try out the delicious food here.
Location: Taleti Road, Anadara Rd, Rajasthan 307511
Price: INR 500 onwards
Timings: 06:30 a.m. to 07:00 p.m.
8. Agneshwar Temple Trek: For an exciting Mount Abu trekking experience, you must explore the Agneshwar Temple trek. This one-of-a-kind trail takes you through dense forests, water bodies and serene villages, all the way to one of the oldest mythological Shiva temples in the region. Complete with rugged terrains and winding trails, this trek also lets you enjoy sights of the exotic flora and fauna of Mount Abu. For a more unparalleled experience, you can enjoy camping in the forest during the trek, in addition to birdwatching and other activities.
Location: Agneshwar temple, Mount Abu, Rajasthan 307501
Price: INR 600 onwards
Timings: 09:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m.
9. Mythic Trek to Adesh Cave: The trek to the mythical Adesh Caves is amongst the more unexplored trails to enjoy a memorable Mount Abu trekking experience. It is said the caves were home to the founder of the Aghori sect.
Additionally, it is here where the sage also practised isolation, which thus gave the cave its name. The Adesh Cave has a natural room-like shape and is complete with an attached kitchen. The trail to the cave is complete with stunning vistas of the surrounding landscapes, thick jungles and a pleasant, soothing ambience.
Location: Mount Abu, Rajasthan
Price: INR 500 onwards
Timings: 07:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
10. Shergaon Trek: For Trekking in Mount Abu, you must definitely include the Shergaon trek in your list. Shergaon is a small village in the hill station, almost 26 kilometres away from the centre of the city, tucked amidst the dense forest. The trek allows you a chance to soak in views of the simple lifestyle of the locals here, and begins from Guru Shikhar. You can also visit the Uttaraj Village during the trek, and indulge in local food. It is during this trek that you can see numerous natural rock and boulder formations of the region, in addition to views of quaint hamlets, verdant valleys and more. You can also enjoy night camping here.
Location: Sirohi, Pindwara, Rajasthan
Price: INR 1,800 onwards
Timings: 06:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m.
What is the best time for trekking in Mount Abu?
The best time for trekking in Mount Abu is between the months of November and February, during the winter season in the region. The weather during this time is quite cool and pleasant during the day, making it easy to complete the different trails, in addition to enjoying the beautiful vistas around.
What to carry while trekking in Mount Abu?
-Proof of identity
-Emergency contact numbers
-Money (preferably cash)
-Torch or headlamp
-Bottle of water
-Emergency first aid or medicines
-Extra set of clothes
-Cap or hat
What should I wear for trekking in Mount Abu?
For trekking in Mount Abu, you must always make sure that you are dressed comfortably and according to the weather. Breathable, quick drying cargo pants or trousers are great for both men and women, while light, cotton shirts are perfect for trekking during the day. You must also carry thick jackets if the weather is cold, along with caps or hats. For trekking in Mount Abu, you must also ensure that you are wearing trekking shoes or hiking shoes, in addition to sunscreen and sunglasses.
What is the cost for Mount Abu trekking?
The cost for Mount Abu trekking varies between INR 400 and INR 3,500 depending upon the location, duration of the trek and other factors.