About Pantai Tegal Wangi
Among the many beaches of Bali, one of the lesser-known and finest of them is the Pantai Tegal Wangi Beach. Situated in the southern region of Bali near the famous town of Uluwatu, Pantai Tegal Wangi is one of the hidden beaches of Bali. The beach is one of the finest wonders of Bali with natural jacuzzi and a few hidden caves. During low tide, you can take a dip in the jacuzzi and enjoy the mild breeze blowing over the sea. The caves are formed naturally over some time by the strong waves that splashed on the hill. These caves offer you the perfect spot to enjoy the sunset in the twilight dusk.
The name of the beach comes from the temple situated on the top of a nearby hill. This isolated beach is not so far from Uluwatu and one can hire a scooter from Uluwatu to the beach. The beach is surrounded by high cliffs and lush green trees making the place more beautiful. These cliffs will give you an amazing view of the entire beach and the surrounding green areas. The golden sand of the beach and the clear, crystal water will leave you in awe. You can enjoy the best sunsets on Pantai Tegal Wangi beach in the entire south Bali.
The best time of the day to visit Pantai Tegal Wangi beach is during dawn and sunset. The first rays of light shine on the beach, making it look like a golden beach. During sunsets, you can see the magnificent sanguine sun and hear the majestic sound of the waves.
How to Reach Pantai Tegal Wangi
Pantai Tegal Wangi is about 30 km far from Denpasar Airport. The best option to reach Pantai Tegal Wangi from Denpasar Airport is to hire scooters. The journey will take approximately 40 minutes and you can also enjoy the scenic beauty with green forests on both the side. You can also take private cabs from the airport, though it would be heavy on your pocket.
Best Time to Visit Pantai Tegal Wangi
The best season to visit Pantai Tegal Wangi is during the summer season ie. during the months of May, June and July. The best time to visit Pantai Tegal Wangi beach is during the popular ‘Blue Hour’ of the day i.e. between 6 pm to 7 pm. One can witness the beautiful sunset with some wonderful blue waves of the sea.
If you wish to avoid the rush at the beach, it is advisable to visit the beach during the afternoon and early morning.
What Not to Miss at Pantai Tegal Wangi
Places to Visit near Pantai Tegal Wangi
1. Uluwatu Temple- Located around 13 km from Pantai Tagai Wangi beach, Uluwatu temple is dedicated to Acintya, a deity of Lord Rudra. This temple is sacred to the Indonesian Hindus in Bali as this place is the resting place of DangHyang Nirartha, a religious figure of the Javanese culture.
The temple has many Macaque Monkeys near it who often snatch visitors’ belongings. If you plan to visit Uluwatu Temple, make sure that you visit at 6 pm as the locals perform “Kecak” dance in the temple. The dance is based on the epic of Ramayana and is performed in the temple daily. Enjoy the traditional dance at the temple with the beautiful sunset.
2. Pura Ulun Siwi Temple- Situated around 13 km from the beach, this 200-year-old sacred temple is located in the heart of the town of Jimbaran. The temple is located in the mountainous region of the town and is cooler than the other parts of the town. The temple is distinct from the other temples as it faces in the east direction and not like the other temples which are south facing. Also, the temple has two courtyards and not three courtyards like any typical Balinese Hindu temple. The architecture of this temple is of a typical Balinese style.
3. Tanah Lot- One of the most iconic places to visit near Pantai Tegal Wangi, Tanah Lot is a rock formation and an ancient Hindu temple located around 34 km from Pantai Tegal Wangi beach. Tanah Lot is one of the most popular and picturesque places in Bali. As the temple is located close to the sea it is called Tanah Lot (Tanah Lot in Balinese means ‘Land in the Sea). The temple dates back to the 16th century and was built to worship the Balinese Sea Gods.
4. Melasti Beach- Melasti Beach is located in the town of Ungasan, which is around 13 km from Pantai Tegal Wangi. Situated amidst the limestone cliffs of Ungasan, this temple also has a beautiful white village close to it.
There are various small hills around Melasti Beach which offer a breathtaking view of the ocean.
Other Essential Information About Pantai Tegal Wangi
- Location: Jimbaran, Kabupaten Badung, Bali (southern part of Bali)
- Price: No entry fees. Parking fees can be up to 2000 IDR
- Timing: The beach is open at all hours. The best time of the day to visit the beach would be - Early morning and During sunset
Tips for visiting Pantai Tegal Wangi
1. The beach does not have any changing room or washroom.
2. There are no food stalls on the beach except a few roasted corn stalls near the parking lot. Make sure you carry some snacks and a garbage bag for the wrappers(if any).
3. Since the beach lies in the isolated part of Bali, there are no lifeguards on the beach. If you go in the water, make sure you take care of the waves as the beach is often welcomed by some high tides.
4. You can travel by your vehicle till the beach as there is a parking facility available near the beach. Parking costs around 2000 IDR for the entire day.
5. Be cautious if you are on the hill or cliffs as the topography of the hills and cliffs is uneven.
6. Take the best cameras with you as this is one of the picturesque beaches of Bali.
Places to Stay near Pantai Tegal Wangi
The nearest town where stay options are available is Uluwatu. There are more than 100 accommodations options in Uluwatu. Below are some stay options in Uluwatu.
1. Canang Sari Villas- Stay options in Canang Sari Villas range from 2-bedroom to 3-bedroom private villas with various amenities like gardens, private pools, and big lawns. Alongside these services, the place also has spa rooms and sports center consisting of games like Squash and Tennis. Canang Sari Villas is quite expensive because of its location being close to the ocean and the market. Canang Sari Villas is among the best 4-star accommodation in Uluwatu.
2. Bukal Sari Villas- Bukal Sari Villas is the closest stay option near the Uluwatu Temple. This 3-star place has many amenities for you to have a wonderful stay. Other than a swimming pool, restaurant, and lounge, Bukal Sari Villas also has an outdoor swimming pool, a lush garden with different types of flora and spacious hallways. This place is known for its breakfast or as it is known as “à la carte breakfast” in the locality.
3. Bali Beats Guesthouse- Bali Beats Guesthouse is one of the biggest stay options in Uluwatu. Other than the guesthouses, Bali Beats also has a roof-top restaurant and a garden terrace. The guesthouse is one of the most pocket-friendly places in Uluwatu and is suitable for friends and solo travelers. The place is close to the beach and has a private and outdoor swimming pool with other things like a sports center and bar.
4. Le Grande Bali- Le Grande Bali is one of a kind hotel where all the rooms in the hotel have a personal balcony. Located close to the beach, the hotel offers the finest view of the various locations of Uluwatu. With spacious rooms and modern amenities like suite bathrooms, massage centres, and Karaoke, Le Grande is one of the popular stay options in near Pantai Tegal Wangi.
There are also other stay options near Pantai Tegal Wangi like - Made Roejas Homestay, Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort, etc.