Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
|Camping in Yelagiri with Multi Adventure Activities - 17% Off||2D 1N||₹ 3800||5.0 star||View Details|
Ask a Question
Traveller Tales From Yelagiri
16 December 2018
When I saw this adventure at Thrillophilia I started yearning for adventure and booked it for me and my brother immediately. Though we loved the camping part, what we enjoyed the most was the set of am...
10 December 2018
Yelagiri is a superb place to have fun with friends. Simply awesome trip. Camping was average. Food was but good. Guides did a good job. But the activities were not upto the mark. Still, we had a lot o
10 December 2018
Except for the dirty toilets, everything was fine. All the activities I had were fun and I really enjoyed the perfect package being offered by Thrillophilia.
10 December 2018
i had some really great moments on this trip.The trek was really good, my guide, Manan was very supportive throughout and the food back at the resort was delicious. totally satisfied by Thrillophilia o
17 November 2017
"It's scenic for sure, had some great moments with adventure activities in built in the resort. However my expectations of the trek by our organisers was not met at all. Great food at the resort on
More Things to do in Yelagiri
Other Listings in Yelagiri
What You Should Know More About Tours in Yelagiri
There is no doubt that a traveller or an adventurer will find plenty of amazing activities to do in Yelagiri. Click here to check out the best things to do in Yelagiri at an affordable price.
1. Mountain Buggy Ride In Yelagiri, Flat 23% Off
2. Paintball In Yelagiri, Flat 20% Off
3. Human Slingshot In Yelagiri, Flat 10% Off
4. Wall Climbing In Yelagiri, Flat 23% Off
5. Trekking In Yelagiri Hills, Flat 30% Off
Being a hill station, Yelagiri provides a number of beautiful and exotic places for camping along with that some beautiful sights to fall in love with. There are many places and sites where you can go for camping tours in Yelagiri with your friends and loved ones.
1. Camping In Yelagiri With Multi Adventure Activities, Flat 17% Off
2. Lakeside Camping In Yelagiri, Flat 38% Off
3. Camping With Swimming Pool In Yelagiri, Flat 15% Off
4. YMCA Camp Centre
5. Silent Water Retreats
6. Swamimalai Hills
Yelagiri is known as one of the most exotic hill stations in South India. It provides some of the best sightseeing places and have been attracting both weekend and vacationing tourists to its groves. Being surrounded by hills and meadows all around, it is a place that can stir your heart and can leave you awestruck. Sightseeing places in Yelagiri is like walking into something beautiful and never coming back.
1. Jalagamparai Falls: This waterfall is located near Yelagiri Centre. This is a perfect spot for family outing. Jalagamparai falls was created naturally. The roads up to the waterfall has been lately paved well by the district administration recently for tourists. The drive through the green forests on both sides of the road make your journey a memorable one. There are two temples located nearby that local residents attach a lot of beliefs. To enjoy a family bathing at the site, try to visit the falls at any time after July.
2. Nature Park: The nature park is a part of Yelagiri hills which can be visited to enjoy the natural aesthetics of the region. The atmosphere is neat and calm and you can enjoy a stroll in the evening with your near and dear ones. The musical fountain amphitheatre present here offers a brilliant evening in the Yelagiri hills.
3. Punganur Lake: This is one of the most beautiful man-made lakes in South India which is known as the place to be for morning walk, photography, boating and other such fun activities. The lakes opens at 8 am and closes at 7 pm, the entry here is priced at Rs 3 per person, while parking is free. In the foothills of the eastern ghat, this lake offers a refreshing experience for all the tourists.
4. Swamimalai Hills: A climb to the Swamimalai Hills is a must if you are visiting Yelagiri. The breathtaking view of the surroundings, flocks of various birds, misty clouds, rich green cover across the mountains are some of the major reasons for trekking to the hills here. The best time to visit the hills is in the morning. The journey takes around 3 to 5 hours.
5. Government Silk Farm: This silk farm is located in Mangalam village and remains open for six days a week from 6 am to 6 pm. The entry is paid and it is Rs 25 per head. You can witness the mulberry plantation, an inseparable part of sericulture, at this farm. Visitors can watch the entire process of silk farming from a very close range here and get accustomed to the people involved in the production.
6. Velavan Temple: This temple is just 400 metres from Punganur Lake, perched on the highest peak of Yelagiri hills. The temple, dedicated to Lord Murugan, was built in 1964. It offers a panoramic view of the green valley of Yelagiri. As you enter the temple premise, you will see a giant structure of Gadothgajan, a mythological character. There is a separate temple of Lord Ganesha here too.
The town of Yelagiri provides a number of adventure activities that can be done by the travellers and also by the adventure seekers that will entertain them to the extreme level. There is pretty much something for every kind of adventure lover. From camping under the stars to challenging rock climbing and treks, the levels of challenge varies accordingly to what you seek. Here we have some of the extreme thrilling adventures that one can enjoy in Yelagiri.
1. Boat Ride in Punganoor Lake Park: Punganoor Lake is an artificial lake situated in the heart of Yelagiri. It is just one hour by bus or auto from Athavanur. Boating is a popular activity on this lake, both for locals and tourists. You have to pay Rs 75 per person for boat rides. The facility remains open from 7 am to 7 pm daily.
2. Adventure activities at Ropes Knots: Yelagiri is a hub for adventure tourists. Several trekking and adventure sports such as ATV track, paintball, aerial rope course and zipline among other such things can be pursued here at Ropes and Knots Adventure Valley.
3. Trekking in Yelagiri Hills: The hill station is also one of the popular trekking hubs in India. The basic treks generally start from Mangalam village. It takes around four hours to complete the journey. The view of the rich green forests and valleys from the hill top is breathtaking. There are many reserve forests around the hills that you can also visit once in Yelagiri.
4. Enjoy Wall Climbing: Among the myriad adventure sports activities in Yelagiri comes the wall climbing that cost around Rs 500 per person and availed as a part of many private or group tour packages. It is a great value for money activity.
5. Experience Human Slingshot: One of the fun activities to be indulged in Yelagiri is human slingshot where you are thrown into the sky while being fixed to a huge slingshot and then brought back to the ground again. The slingshot sport here costs around Rs 450 per person and the activity is insured with proper safety gears.
6. Enjoy Paintball: Playing paintball is probably one of the best ways to enjoy your Yelagiri trip with your family and friends. The paintball game arena has been properly designed here with lots of challenges and great equipment like guns, pellets, safety gears among other things. It costs around Rs 250 per person.
7. Camping in Yelagiri: Yelagiri is considered as the campers’ paradise. Different types of camping facilities are available here as per the tourists’ budget and other convenient factors. The camping price starts at Rs 3500. Besides mountain trails, star gazing, campfires, musical nights, game nights, debates, real-life adventure stories discussion and other such things are enjoyed through camping. Great food is another draw for camping here.
Yelagiri is the heaven of some most wonderful trekking sites in India. The hill station of the south is scattered with many adventurous and exciting trekking activities and tours that will give you Goosebumps while exploring them with your team or even alone. In fact, Yelagiri is a top hit among trekkers from nearby cities like Bangalore and Chennai. Trekking activities are conducted every weekend and you can easily be a part of one, whether you are travelling alone or with a group of friends. There are many sites and places where a fun and thrill seeker can go trekking into the wild and explore the beauty of nature.
The famous hill station is not only a home to the best trekking activities but also is known for its famous and historic temples that still stand as a quite memento for this beautiful land. There are many temples that one can find in the town but there are some must visit temples that should not be missed. Each of Yelagiri’s temples have a fascinating history attached and it could be both fun and enlightening to talk with a local and know more about how they came to be. Don’t miss on
The Yelagiri Hill Station hosts one of the most exotic waterfalls in the country. There are several exotic forest patches and finding the best of the nature can be fun where you can explore the hidden waterfalls that mark the beauty and mystery of the Yelagiri hill station. The most famous waterfalls that tourists ensure a visit is the:
However, there are several smaller waterfalls that look inconspicuous but make for a beautiful trekking experience. You will need to explore the mountains to find the beauties. Taking a local guide is preferable.
The hill station of Yelagiri is also famous and widely known for its herbal clinics that provide treatments and medicines for almost every disease. People across the country and also from abroad come to get treatments and medicines for many of their diseases. There are many herbal farms where you can visit and explore in the town. Yelagiri has in fact, long been the sacred grove of the indigenous and the valley has been referred to be blessed with medicinal plants and herbs. The beautiful valley of the medicinal plants and herbs will make you feel refreshed and energetic.
The district of Vellore is beautiful with mesmerizing lakes and hills that are a pure treat for your eyes. There are several lakes but some of them are a must visit which are famous for their breathtaking beauty.