Village Safari in JodhpurIf you wish to uncover the rugged landscapes and have an authentic view of tribal India, then the Jodhpur village safari tour should be your ideal option. The most prominent destination where the village safari tour is organized is Bishnoi village, gifted with the breathtaking beauty of Khejri trees. This ethnic Village is renowned for being the residence place of the Bishnoi Community. The villagers living here worship nature and are known for their asceticism towards animal and plant life.
During the Bishnoi village safari Jodhpur you'll stop by at Guda Bishnoi Lake that is home to migratory birds such as domicile cranes and animals like chinkaras and blackbucks. You can enjoy many other activities here like meeting the weavers family, potters family, and learning about their indigenous skills. Don't forget to feast on to the traditional delicacies before you mark an end to the village safari tour. You can opt for both half-day and full-day safaris depending upon the time and budget. So get ready to weave the best memories of your life by opting for the village safari tour that will give you a real glimpse of the tradition, culture, and lifestyle of the people living in the villages.
People Also Ask About Village Safari in Jodhpur
Where can I go for the Jodhpur village safari?
1. Bishnoi Village:
Unravel the culture and traditions of Jodhpur as you enjoy a safari tour of Bishnoi Village on an open jeep. The safari tour is organized for two people minimum, and it lasts for five to six hours, depending on the interest of the travelers. During the Jodhpur village safari tour at Bishnoi Village, you'll get a chance to meet the native people, and you'll get to know about their indigenous skills. While exploring the Village, you can spot migratory birds like peacocks and cranes.
Gudha village is renowned for Khejri trees and a vast species of animals. You can also mingle with the local people and know about their lifestyle and culture while enjoying the village safari tour. During the tour, you'll visit the Khejarli Massacre and know about the Bishnoi villagers who sacrificed their entire lives to save the trees. You'll also visit The Guda Bishnoi Lake, which is located in the heart of the Bishnoi Land and supports the rural way of life.
Visitors can also see the potters, block printers, and weavers at work, and they can meet the families of shepherds and know more about their lifestyle. You'll then get a chance to visit Weavers village, which is popularly known as the land of carpets. You can watch the weavers making the rugs or durry out of wool or cotton by visiting the Roop Raj Durry Udyog.
-Location: Village- Guda Bishnoiyan, Near Palli, Jodhpur
-Distance from Jodhpur: 22 km
Which places we can explore in the Bishnoi village?
1. Shepherds village: Meet the families of shepherds who live traditionally and worship nature. They work with animals such as goats, ships, camels, etc. to earn their livelihood.
2. Gudha Village: This is another popular attraction renowned for its Khejri trees and deer population that you'll get to explore by opting for the Bishnoi village safari. You can spot here peacocks, migratory birds, and many other native species of birds. Many desert animals are also found here like Antelopes, Dumessille Crane, Gazelle, Rabbits, and Blue Bulls.
3. Kankani: This Village exhibits a unique combination of sandy and green landscapes and is also renowned as a block printers village. You can witness here closely the art of block printing where people print by hand on the fabrics.
4. Salawas: Also known as the land of magic carpets, Salawas is a beautiful village renowned for its lush greenery and peaceful environment. You can witness here rugs being carved out of wool or cotton.
5. Potter's Village: Potter's Village is a desert oasis inhabited by potters who are in this profession for ages. You can also buy various utensils made of clay from this Village to preserve it as a memoir of the tour.
What is the best time to go to Bishnoi village safari?
October to the end of March (Winter) is considered the best time to opt for the Jodhpur village safari at Bishnoi village. During this time of the year, the weather is delightful, and lots of migratory birds can be spotted during this season. You should refrain from going to Bishnoi village safari Jodhpur during monsoon (July to end of August) as the place receives low to moderate rainfall, and you won't find service providers to enjoy outdoor activities, including safari.
How to reach Bishnoi village?
- By Air: Bishnoi Village is located at around twenty-two kilometers from Jodhpur. The nearest airport to this Village is in Jodhpur Airport, and it runs many flights from different parts of the country. You can get frequent flights from Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai, and Chennai to Jodhpur. Once you reach Jodhpur airport, you can take a taxi or bus to reach Bishnoi village.
- By Rail: Jodhpur is the nearest railway station to Bishnoi Village that is well connected to all the major cities of the country. From the railway station, you can take a cab or bus to reach Bishnoi Village.
How far is Bishnoi village from Jodhpur?
Bishnoi Village is located at around twenty-two kilometers from Jodhpur, and it takes 45mins to cover this distance.
Can we do a camel ride at Bishnoi village?
Yes, you can take a camel ride at Bishnoi village to experience the Rajasthani culture and tradition closely. While riding on the back of the camel and exploring the rugged landscapes, you'll spot migratory birds as well as animals.
How much does Bishnoi village safari cost?
Bishnoi village safari Jodhpur costs around 1,199 per adult if you book it from Thrillophilia. This includes pickup and drop facilities, village safari, meals and many more.