Popular Bhandardara Packages
Bhandardara Tour Packages
|Bhandardara Camping||2 Days / 1 Night||₹ 999.0|
Bhandardara Trip PackageBhandardara tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Bhandardara holidays packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Bhandardara vacation packages with exciting deals & offers.
If you are confused about your next vacation, then book yourself a Bhandardara Trip with Thrillophilia and get to savour everything that this place has in store for you. Be it a short weekend getaway or a long vacation with family, there is just the tour package for you. Moreover, with our Bhandardara tour packages friends can enjoy a thrilling outing by opting for plenty of adventures, while honeymooning couples can also find the perfect package with a blend of leisure and activities for a memorable trip to Bhandardara.
Bhandardara being a resort town, amidst the lush Sahyadri Hills of Maharashtra is an all year vacation destination, and looks especially stunning during monsoons. A haven for nature enthusiasts, there are many astounding sites and attractions that you can visit with the Bhandardara packages. From gushing waterfalls, lakes, and caves to laid-back villages and lofty mountains, there is much that one can see in Bhandardara.
Besides visiting many beautiful points of interest, you and your loved ones can also indulge in several activities like trekking to Kalsubai Peak, boating at Arthur Lake, Kayaking in Randha Falls and more by booking the activities tour from Thrillophilia. Not just that, you can also customize the Bhandardara tours by adding the experiences you want or by extending the duration of your stay. What makes the tours even better is the yearly discounts and deals that help you have an affordable yet wholesome holiday.
There is more to the Bhandardara Tour packages than just sightseeing and activities, as all the trips would also ensure a safe and sound stay in quality accommodations. While many other packages would also include pick-ups and traveling arrangements around Bhandardara, all at the best rates possible. Therefore, book your next vacation to Bhandardara with Thrillophilia and unleash an opportunity like never before!
People Also Ask About Bhandardara Tours
Which are the best places to visit on the Bhandardara Tour?
These are some of the best places to visit in Bhandardara.
1. Arthur Lake: Settled in the lap of the verdant Sahyadri Hills on all sides, this natural lake gets water from Pravara River, and is an acting reservoir for the Wilson Dam. The lake is a stunning attraction that one must pay a visit to during the Bhandardara Tour packages holiday. Here you can also enjoy a boat ride, picnic, nature-walks, camping and more.
Location: Bhandardara, Maharashtra.
Timings: 24 Hours.
2. Wilson Dam: Built in 1910, this is one of the largest earthen water reservoirs in India that gets water from the Pravara River. This is an architectural marvel that is surrounded by lush Sahyadri Hills and has a garden underneath it.
You can enjoy the views from the garden as well as feel the sprinkle of the water, when the gates of the dam are opened. Another nearby attraction worth visiting is the Umbrella Falls.
Location: Bhandardara, Maharashtra.
Timings: 24 Hours.
3. Umbrella Falls: This is a seasonal waterfall, situated near Wilson Dam that looks exquisite during the monsoon season. The attraction gets its name from the shape of the semicircular rocks on which the cascade drops, giving it the appearance of an umbrella.
There is a bridge close to the falls from where tourists can enjoy clear views. One can spend their time enjoying a picnic and nature-walks during the Bhandardara tour packages trip.
Location: Bhandardara, Wilson Dam,Ratangad to Rd, Rajur, Maharashtra.
Timings: 24 Hours.
4. Kalsubai Peak: This is the highest peak of the Western Ghats in Maharashtra with a staggering height of 5400 feet. Surrounded by other soaring mountains and ample greenery, this is also one of the most beautiful places in the region. Nuzzled in the Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary, this peak has become popular among trekkers and campers as well.
Location: Near Bari Village, 12 kms from Bhandardara.
Timings: 24 Hours.
5. Agastya Rishi Ashram: This is an ancient site that has also found mention in the Hindu mythology - Ramayana. Located on the banks of Pravara River, this ashram is said to be the place where Lord Rama had met with Agastya Rishi, who handed him the bow that was used to kill Ravana. Therefore, this is an important place of worship which receives a large number of devotees. In close proximity to the ashram is a cave that also is worth visiting.
Location: Near Pravara River, Bhandardara, Maharashtra.
Timings: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm.
6. Randha Falls: With a fall of 170 feet, this waterfall is the third highest in Maharashtra. The gushing cascades from between large rocks fall into a natural ravine that you can enjoy a swim or kayaking in.
Surrounded by lush thickets and rugged landscape, this place is also ideal for picnics and camping. Moreover, you can also visit Ghorpada Devi Temple which is located quite close to the waterfall.
Location: Randha fall, Bhandardara, Maharashtra 422604.
Timings: 24 hours.
7. Amruteshwar Temple: Situated in Ratanwadi, near Bhandardara, this is an intricately carved out stone temple which is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Built in the 9th-century by King Jhanj in traditional Hemadpanthi architecture, this place of worship holds great importance to the Hindu faith. It is a must visit place during your Bhandardara tour packages holiday.
Location: Amruteshwar temple, @-Ratanwadi near Bhandardara, Ratanwadi, Maharashtra 422604.
Timings: 6:00 am - 6:00 pm.
What are the best things to do in Bhandardara?
These are some of the best things to do in Bhandardara.
1. Trekking: Bhandardara is the land of beautiful sceneries, natural attractions and excellent trekking trails that can be attempted by all. One of the most popular trudges is the Kalsubai - the highest peak of the Sahyadri Hills that you can explore with Bhandardara Tour packages. Besides this, the more simple treks like Ratangad Fort, Sandhan Valley etc. lure the amateurs to enjoy this activity.
Location: Ratanwadi, Sandhan Valley, Ratangad Fort, Kalsubai Peak.
Entry Fee/Price: Starts from INR 700.
Timings: 24 Hours.
2. Camping: Another prominent activity that Bhandardara is known for is camping. There are several different campsites dotted all across the town, from lakeside to near a waterfall, there is much to this outdoor experience in Bhandardara. Moreover, many of the top campsites also offer other activities like kayaking, rappelling, rock-climbing etc, which makes the overall Bhandardara tour packages trip more fun.
Location: Randha Waterfalls, Sandhan Valley, Arthur Lake.
Entry Fee/Price: Starts from INR 950.
3. Kayaking: Sit in a slender boat and row the paddles on the pristine waters of the lakes and waterfalls in Bhandardara. This is another fun activity that you can enjoy at Randha falls or as part of a private camping arrangement. Moreover, it is one amazing way to explore the beauties of the hill-station during the Bhandardara tour packages holiday.
Location: Randha fall, Bhandardara, Maharashtra 422604.
Timings: 10:00 am - 6:00pm.
4. Boating: Arthur Lake and Wilson Dam are two prime spots where you can indulge in this relaxing activity. There are no speed boats, however, you can still get on a paddle-boat and sail on the calm waters to enjoy the stunning views of the Sahyadri Hills.
Location: Arthur Lake, Wilson Dam.
Entry Fee/Price: 200 per person/an hour.
Timings: 8 am - 7 pm.
5. Rock-climbing: The rugged and rocky landscape of Bhandardara makes it perfect for an activity like rock-climbing or rappelling. One of the best spots to try out this adventure is the Sandhan Valley, also known as the Valley of Shadows. Moreover, this adventure is made available with all safety precautions and a team of professionals on site.
Location: Sandhan Valley.
Timings: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm.
6. Picnicking: This is probably the most relaxed activity that you can savour. Pack yourself a hearty meal, some picnic essentials and set forth to the many beautiful attractions in Bhandardara for a day-out. From the soothing sound of the waterfalls to the picturesque views of the lake, there are one too many such places to spend a leisurely holiday.
Location: Arthur Lake, Wilson Dam, Ratanwadi, Umbrella Falls.
Timings: 24 Hours
What is the best way to travel from Mumbai to Bhandardara?
The best way to reach Bhandardara from Mumbai is via road. You can choose to board a state bus to complete this journey, or opt for a car/rental and enjoy a scenic road-trip.
Beside this, you can also get on a train from Mumbai to Igatpuri, which is the nearest railhead from Bhandardara. The rest of the distance (45 km) can be covered by bus or taxi rental.
How can I plan a budget trip to Bhandardara?
Bhandardara is a resort town near Mumbai and one that isn't very expensive. Moreover, to further have a budget vacation in this town, you can pre-book hotel/accommodation at discounted prices, reserve travel plans beforehand and book tickets, make a list of all the activities and sightseeing to make sure that you don't go overboard.
Or you can also opt for Bhandardara Tour Packages that come with many inclusions at great prices from Thrillophilia.
What is Bhandardara famous for?
Bhandardara is a famous resort town, settled in the Sahyadri Hills near Mumbai. The place is popular among adventurous travelers for its camping sites and Trekking trails. Also, the highest peak in the region - Kalsubai is also a part of the Bhandardara region.
How many days are enough for Bhandardara?
A 3-day trip to Bhandardara is sufficient to be able to enjoy sightseeing, activities and leisure.
How many days should I stay in Bhandardara?
3 days would be the ideal time for you to spend a holiday in Bhandardara, enjoying sightseeing, activities and shopping.
How far is Pune from Bhandardara?
The road distance between Pune and Bhandardara is around 173 km and can take anywhere between 3.5 - 4 hours to travel one way. You can get on a train or hit the road in state buses/cars/rentals to complete your journey between the two places.
What are the famous camping sites in Bhandardara?
Here are some of the best camping sites in Bhandardara:
1. Arthur Lake: Settled in the lap of the viridescent Western Ghats is this mesmerizing lake that gets formed by the water from the Pravara River. The lakefront is one of the best campsites that many visit during a Bhandardara trip. Along with that, one can enjoy boating, bonfire, nature-walks, picnics etc. here.
2. Mount Kalsubai: At a staggering height of 5400 feet, this mountain is the highest pinnacle in the Maharashtra Western Ghats. The rocky and challenging terrain attracts many seasoned trekkers who attempt to ascend the summit, as well as nature enthusiasts to spend a camping trip amid lush environs.
3. Sandhan Valley: This is a canyon in the Sahyadri Hills, also known as the valley of Shadows. Many tourists during their Bhandardara Trip also visit here for a trek and overnight camping stay. Besides this, one can also enjoy rappelling, mountain-climbing and visit nearby places for a complete adventure.
4. Ratangad Fort: This is a 400-year old hill fortress in the Ratanwadi village near Bhandardara. Located at a height of 4250 feet, this attraction is a popular trekking spot as well as a camping site. You can get to learn about the history of the fort, catch enthralling views of the valley and also enjoy adrenaline-filled activities here.
5. Randha Waterfall: This is the third highest waterfall in Maharashtra, at a height of 170 feet. The cascade of milky-white water is a sight to behold and the lush surroundings, only further add to the overall charm. Moreover, this place is a popular camping spot during Bhandardara Trip which lets you spend some quality time with nature.
Which are the romantic things to do in Bhandardara?
These are some of the Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Bhandardara.
1. Sightseeing: Bhandardara is a quaint hill-station in Maharashtra, surrounded by the Sahyadri Hills of the Western Ghats and thus, has many beautiful natural attractions like the Arthur Lake, Randha Waterfalls, Kalsubai Peak and many more that you can visit with your partner on your honeymoon.
2. Camping: The boastful natural surroundings of Bhandardara make for the perfect secluded campsites. From lakefront at Arthur Lake to the Sandhan Valley and Ratangad Fort, there are many such places to enjoy a romantic sleep-out.
3. Picnicking: The abundance of natural attractions like waterfalls, lakes, forts etc. in Bhandardara make for a great picnic spot. Also the scenic surroundings and tranquillity further gives you and your partner plenty of time to enjoy this romantic activity during the Bhandardara trip.
4. Boating: This activity is available at the spectacular Arthur Lake, surrounded by lush hills. And with your Bhandardara tour packages you and your partner can savour some intimate moments while enjoying the beautiful views.
5. Trekking: This is probably the most renowned activity in Bhandardara. Home to many different trails and terrains, Kalsubai, Ratangad Fort, Valley of Shadows etc. are some of the best spots to enjoy a good trek with your partner.
6. Nature-walks: Explore the affluent flora and fauna of the Western Ghats in Bhandardara by going on nature-walks around the different sites like - Arthur Lake, Umbrella falls, Ratanwadi etc. and also enjoy loving moments with your consort.
Which are the famous treks in and near Bhandardara?1. Trek to Kalsubai Peak: This is one of the most favored routes amongst avid trekkers. The Kalsubai Peak is the highest mountain of the Sahyadri ranges and is popular for its spectacular views. The Kalsubai Temple is located at the topmost peak and there are various routes that trekkers use to reach the summit.2. Alang-Madan-Kulang Trek: This is one of the most difficult treks in the region and it includes routes that lead to the most spectacular ancient forts of Alangad, Mandangad and Kulang Forts. The entire route offers some truly unique terrains and sceneries.3. Sandhan Valley Trek: The Sandhan Valley is the greatest as well as most uniquely formed canyons in the Sahyadri ranges. This route is not just about trekking, it combines several other adventure activities including rappelling, rock climbing and camping under a starlit sky.4. Ratangad Fort Trek: This is one of the best moderate treks in the Sahyadri region that offers some of the most spectacular views of the surrounding peaks as well as the Bhandardara Dam. It takes about 5 hours to complete the trek.5. Alang Madan Fort Trek: This trail covers trekking two massive forts in two days which trekkers spend exploring these incredible structures. The trek is graded difficult and meant for those with good experience in trekking.
Witness the spectacular waterfalls which, as the name suggests, form the impression of an umbrella. Flowing over the naturally placed rocks, Umbrella Falls originating from Wilson Dam are one of the most rejuvenating tourist places in Bhandardara. You can witness the full might of the falls during the monsoon, when the cascade gets down from a height of 500 feet. A footbridge connecting Wilson Dam and the waterfalls offers a stunning view of the falls. Umbrella Falls, located in the Sahyadris, are also a prominent source to generate electricity.Location: Near Arthur Lake, Bhandardara
Built in 1910, Wilson Dam has a huge water reservoir and is surrounded by the magnificent Sahyadri mountain ranges. Also known as Bhandardara Dam, it is the largest earthen dam in India and gets its water from Pravara River. You can visit the garden at the base of the dam, which offers stunning views of the architectural marvel.Experience the sprinkling water at the garden edge, when the gates of the dam are open to release water. There are several water streams which emerge from the dam and make Bhandardara the green paradise that it is.Location: 11 km from Randha Falls, Bhandardara
Soak yourself in adventure by trekking to the Kalsubai Peak, which is the highest peak in Maharashtra. At 5400 feet, Kalsubai Peak is one of the best places to visit in Bhandardara if you want a tinge of adventure on your laidback sojourn.Enjoy panoramic views of lush greenery, nearby forts and Bhandardara Dam as you scale the peak. The trek offers easy to moderate trails as well as difficult terrain in places, which will test your hiking skills. You can also climb the man made stairs if you want to reach the top without hiking.Location: Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary, near Bari village