1. Kelva Beach: If you’re a starved soul craving for a rejuvenating journey, Kelva Beach should be your must-visit destination as it is dotted with colorful fishing boats, breathtaking sceneries, turquoise blue water, and golden layers of sand. Stretching across a coastline of seven kilometers along the Arabian Sea, this beach is ideal for taking a romantic walk, lazing, or sunbathing. It has some of the best beach shacks where you can enjoy delectable fish curry and hot vada pavs. You can also enjoy here activities such as ATV Ride, Horse Ride, Camel Ride, etc.
-Location: Taluka Palghar, Thane, India
2. Elvis Butterfly Garden: Elvis Butterfly Garden is a large open-air butterfly conservatory where you can witness the colorful and bright butterflies in their natural habitat. It houses more than one hundred and thirty-two species of butterflies. You can also learn about the various stages of a butterfly’s life over here and their metamorphosis from an egg to a crawling caterpillar to a Pupa. It is also a popular picnic spot for families, and the garden serves coffee and breakfast as well.
-Location: Ward.No.1, Village Rd, Gowniwada, Owale, Thane, Maharashtra 400615
-Timing: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
3. Upvan Lake: This is an eco-friendly and man-made lake that was built by the Thane Municipal Corporation in the 1880s. It is the most scenic lake renowned for hosting the Sanskruti Arts Festival annually. This picturesque lake was used for supplying water in the city. You can enjoy an evening walk and boat ride with their families over here. It has many restaurants nearby where you can enjoy delicious food.
-Location: Upvan Lake Road, Thane West, Thane, Maharashtra 400607
4. Ghodbunder Fort: This is one of the most famous and oldest forts in Thane that was constructed around the sixteenth century AD. It derives its name from Ghod, meaning horses, and bunder, meaning port. The British captured this fort and turned it into their headquarters. On the top of the fort, there are watchtowers from where you can view the entire city. Two churches have been built here in European models.
-Location: Ghodbunder Village, Ghodbunder, Mira Bhayandar, Thane, Maharashtra 401107
5. St. John the Baptist Church: This church is around five hundred years old and is renowned for its spectacular beauty and architectural brilliance. It was used to baptize the locals by the Christian missionaries by conducting regular masses. The church exudes a mixture of British and Portuguese architectural features. It has huge palatial construction and comprises enormous doors and high ceilings with beautiful paintings. The paintings depict the different phases in Jesus Christ’s life. It is lit by candles and dim lights that illuminate the entire place.
-Location: Ahilyadevi Holkar Road, Thane 400601 India
-Timing: 6 pm-9 pm
6. Korum Mall: Spread over half a million square feet, Korum Mall is the major shopping hub in Thane. It has big brand stores, both international and domestic. The mall is divided into various sections, with each floor dedicated to a particular category. They sell footwear, home decor, apparel, electronics, home appliances, and everything of everyday fashion and utility. It has a hypermarket, leisure center, four-screen multiplex, family entertainment center, and basement parking.
-Location: Shahid Mangal Pandey Road, Near Cadbury Junction Eastern Express Highway, Thane 400601 India
-Timing: 10 am-9 pm
7. Har Har Gange Waterfalls: Situated in Suraj Waterpark, Har Har Gange Waterfalls has lush green surroundings, and you can embrace the feeling of peace and tranquillity over here. It is an artificial waterfall where you can soak in the natural beauty and click beautiful pictures. The structure from where the water comes down is made of concrete and steel. It boasts a width of twenty-six meters and a height of twenty-four meters.
-Location: Suraj Waterpark, Thane
-Timing: 10 am- 6 pm
-Entry fees: Rs 800 per person
8. Tansa Wildlife Sanctuary: It is one of the most popular wildlife sanctuaries in Maharashtra that houses a wide range of flora and fauna. The sanctuary is spread across three hundred and twenty square kilometers and is a must-visit site for wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers. You can also enjoy bird watching over here as it houses a wide range of colorful birds. It also houses a wide variety of trees such as the Khair, Ain, Kalamb, Teak, Bibla, Hed, etc.
-Location: Near Gorai, Maharashtra
-Timing: 7 am- 6 pm
-Entry fees: Rs 650