What to Do in SharjahVisit the Sharjah Archaeology Museum, Take a ride on the Eye of the Emirates Wheel, Spend a day at the Al Majaz Waterfront, Go back in time by stopping by the Sharjah Heritage Area, Drop by the Al Montazah Amusement and Water Park and many more.
Sharjah is a place with limitless chances to have fun and entertainment with your loved ones. From the family trip to the Arabian Wildlife Center to the Al Montazah Amusement and Water Park, Sharjah has something to offer for all. With the best things to do in Sharjah, it is like heaven to all the art and museum lovers to explore Maraya Art Center and Sharjah Archaeology Museum. Moreover, a 30-minute ride on the Eye of Emirates Wheel also provides a tremendous experience of the beautiful city lights of the tall buildings.
The beautiful beaches along the sea coast offer a thrilling experience with the various water sport activities in Sharjah like kayaking, sand skiing, mountain biking, and quad biking. Shopping at the Blue Souk or the Iranian Market is what shopaholics crave. The market showcases everything from rugs and carpets to gold and silver jewelry. If you are a food lover, you can't miss out on the restaurants in Sharjah. Hence, this makes Sharjah a popular place among tourists from all over the world.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Sharjah
People Also Ask About Sharjah Things To Do
What are the best things to do in Sharjah?
1. Visit the Sharjah Archaeology Museum- Started in 1993, Sharjah Archaeology Museum is one of the best archaeological museums in Sharjah. It reflects the lifestyle of the dwellers from the Stone Age to the rise of Islam.
The museum showcases various artifacts like pottery, jewelry, coins, ancient weapons, and household goods, through which visitors get a chance to explore the civilizations in the region.
Location: Sharjah Science Museum Center, Behind Sharjah Television Building, Sheikh Rashid Bin Saqr Al Qasimi St, Dasman, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Price: Children (2 years-12 years)- AED 5
Adults (above 12 years)- AED 10
Timing: 9 am to 1 pm & 5 pm to 8 pm
2. Take a ride on the Eye of the Emirates Wheel- Taking a ride on the Eye of Emirates Wheel is one of the popular things to do in Sharjah. Having a height of 60m, the giant Ferris Wheel provides a spectacular view of the city's major tourist attractions, markets, residents, and the coast.
You can capture the mesmerizing shots of Sharjah's lights during the night.
Location: Al Montazah Park, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Price: Adults- AED 30
Children- AED 15
Timing: 10 am to 12 am (Saturday-Thursday)
3 pm to 1 am (Friday)
3. Spend a day at the Al Majaz Waterfront- Al Majaz Waterfront is a beautiful recreational park located in the heart of Sharjah. The place has a soothing landscape with greenery all around. There are play areas for children and restaurants, bistros, and a jogging track for adults.
You can enjoy the musical show that takes place after every 30 minutes. All these make Al Majaz Waterfront a perfect place for friends and family.
Location: Khalid Lake Trail, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Price: Adults- AED 25
Children- AED 15 (Mini-Golf Course), AED 30 (Splash Park)
Timing: 9 am to 11 pm (Saturday-Wednesday)
9 am-12 am (Thursday & Friday)
4. Go back in time by stopping by the Sharjah Heritage Area- Sharjah Heritage Area is an assortment of several museums like the Sharjah Heritage Museum, Al Midfa House, Al Hisn Sharjah, and Hisn Fort. You can explore deeper into the traditional Emirati culture and discover the life before oil came into existence.
In the middle of the area lies the Souk Al Arsah, where you can shop conventional handmade goods. It is a place where you could never go like thinking about what to do in Sharjah.
Location: Al Shiokh, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Price: Children- Free
Adult- AED 5
Family- AED 10
Timing- 8 am to 8 pm
5. Drop by the Al Montazah Amusement and Water Park- Another family destination in Sharjah is Al Montazah Amusement and Water Park. You can enjoy the fun and thrilling rides from the Island of Legends, the Pearls Kingdom, and its dreamland of treasures and water slides.
Hence, rejoicing in the amusing and exciting rides at Al Montazah is one of the best things to do in Sharjah with your friends and family.
Location: Opposite the Flag Island, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Price: Adult (Full Park)- AED 200
Child (Full Park)- AED 150
Island of Legends- AED 30
Children (less than 80 cm)- Free
Timings- 10 am to 10 pm
6. Take the family to the Arabian Wildlife Center- Located in Sharjah Desert Park, Arabian Wildlife Center hosts 100 species of animals found in the Arabian Peninsula. The Wildlife Center creates awareness of the endangered species in the world.
Since it is a complete indoor experience for visitors, you can observe some animals in their natural environment through large glass walls.
Location: Al Dhaid Road, Interchange 9, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Price: Adults- AED 15
Children(12-16 year's)- AED 10
Timing: 9 am to 5.30 pm
7. Take in the creativity at Maraya Art Center- Maraya Art Center is a non-profit art platform that promotes young artists from all over the world. The various activities conducted at the Maraya Art Center include workshops, lectures, talks, and fine arts.
The Center supports artists through commissions, residencies, exhibitions, and research opportunities. Visitors can explore several public art park sites that promote interactive programs and sculptures. There are plenty of creative activities in Sharjah for art lovers.
Location: Al Khan Al Qasba, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Timing: 10 am to 7 pm (Saturday-Thursday)
2 pm to 7 pm (Friday)
8. Take a day trip to Kalba- If you are wondering what to do in Sharjah, you must take a road trip to Kalba. Kalba is a picturesque fishing village in the UAE. The three primary attractions of Kalba are the Al Hisn Museum, the House of Sheikh Saeed bin Hamad Al-Qassimi, and the Khor Kalba Conservation Reserve.
The visitors can also enjoy the beaches along the Gulf of Oman. Just a short drive away from Sharjah to the seashore is worthy of creating memories.
Location: Kalba, United Arab Emirates
9. Admire the Heart of Sharjah- Heart of Sharjah is the 5-phase preservation and restoration project of the rich cultural heritage of the old town of Sharjah. The famous tourist attractions in the Heart of Sharjah, such as the Arabian Tea House, Sharjah Art Museum, and the Al Bait Hotel, are must-visit for all.
You can even discover the various kinds of Arabian, French, and Chinese calligraphic art in the Sharjah Calligraphy Museum.
Location: Corniche Street, Mareijah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Price: Adults- AED 5
Timings: 8 am to 8 pm (Saturday-Thursday)
4 pm to 10 pm (Friday)
10. Pamper yourself by shopping at the Blue Souk- Also known as the Central Souk, shopping at the Blue Souk is one of the incredible activities in Sharjah. There are around 600 stores to explore. You can shop everything from clothing and modern watches to authentically local trinkets and antiques.
You can also get various decor items at the Blue Souk. On the upper tier, shops of art, craft, and regional specialties sell hand-woven carpets and textiles. Moreover, there are shops dedicated to authentic gold and diamond jewelry and precious stones.
Location: King Faisal St, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Timings: 9 am to 11 pm
What are the best adventure activities to do in Sharjah?
1. Quad Biking- It is one of the most-loved activities in Sharjah. Quad Biking is easy for newcomers as well. You can experience an unforgettable ride over a myriad of dunes. To test out a quad bike, Fossil Rock is one of the recommended things that you can do in Sharjah.
2. Kayaking- One of the most popular water sport activities in Sharjah is kayaking. Some of the best beaches for kayaking are the Al Khan public beach, the Khor Kalba, and the Khorfakkan Beach. If you are a wildlife lover, paddling through protected mangroves is one of the best things to do in Sharjah.
3. Sand Skiing- Talking about the other things to do in Sharjah, sand skiing is an adventurous water sport that you can enjoy along the coast. A place named Big Red is not only famous for sand sports but also fantastic for pictures. The best way is to book a tour company and enjoy the desert safari.
4. Mountain Biking- Mountain biking is gaining quite a popularity in Sharjah. From rough mountain terrains to biking along date palm plantations, there are numerous adventure activities in Sharjah.
A 15-minute drive to the east has a network of trail tracks for mountain bikers to experience the joy of this adventure sport.
What are the best things to do in Sharjah for couples?
1. Experience Love in the Rain Room- The remarkable experience of feeling loved in the Rain Room is one of the perfect things to do in Sharjah for couples. The Rain Room allows you to fall in love with rainfall without getting drenched.
2. Witness the Nature's Paradise at Al Noor Island- This dreamy place is home to 500 butterflies from 20 different species. It is one of the iconic things to do in Sharjah.
3. Go for Shopping in the Blue Souk- Sharjah is known for various shopping malls and souks. Blue Souk is one such destination where you can shop anything and everything for your friends and families.
4. Spend a Day at Al Montazah Parks- As mentioned earlier, amusement and water parks are one of their kind for couples. You can treasure the happiest moments spent at Al Montazah Parks.
5. Enjoy the Marine Life at Sharjah Aquarium- This divine aquarium is one of the best things to do in Sharjah. You can enjoy marine life with your friends and family and even with your better half.
What are the best watersports one can experience in Sharjah?
1. Kayaking & Canoeing- Both of these adventure water sports are some of the best activities in Sharjah. A narrowboat on the water is worth experiencing!
2. Snorkeling & Scuba Diving- If you want to witness life underwater, scuba diving along the Sharjah beach is a must-try. Similarly, snorkeling is also a terrific water sport.
3. Water Skiing- This sport is very prominent on the beaches of Sharjah. It requires an expert level of training to do water skiing. Inexperienced visitors can hire certified instructors and experts to learn this water sport.
4. Parasailing- Parasailing is a parachute towed to a boat. You can enjoy the thrilling adventure sport above the seashore. It is one of the must-try adventurous things to do in Sharjah.
5. Jet Skiing- Jet Skiing is a very cool water sport that is enjoyed by both locals and tourists. If you are fond of a kick in life, jet skiing is one of the best things to do in Sharjah.
How to reach Sharjah?
By Flight- You can take a flight to Sharjah International Airport, which is located 15 km from the city center. Dubai International Airport and Abu Dhabi Airport are well-connected with other European and Asian cities.
By Road- The roads are very well connected in Sharjah. You can take a metered taxi or buses from anywhere in Dubai to reach Sharjah.
By Rail- The railway line connects Sharjah to Dubai and Abu Dhabi. So, you can easily travel by train to Sharjah.
What is the best time to visit Sharjah?
The best time to visit Sharjah is between October to February. During this time, the weather is quite pleasant, and the city experiences cooler evenings compared to the rest of the year.
What is Sharjah known for?
Sharjah is known for the numerous historical tourist attractions such as Heart of Sharjah, Al Qasba, Al Majaz Waterfront, and many more. The place is also known as the Cultural Capital of the Arab World by UNESCO. Therefore, Sharjah is famous for its prominent role as fine art and an instiller of fundamental artistic values.
What to buy in Sharjah?
- Gold jewelry
- Attar/ Perfumes
- Antique coins
- Gift items
- Golden playing cards
- Inverted porcelain hands
Is it safe to visit Sharjah?
Since Sharjah is a highly monitored city, it is entirely safe to visit Sharjah. Violent crimes don't affect tourists much. Petty crimes like pickpocketing, bag snatching, and scams are more of a concern.
How to reach Sharjah from India?
There are several direct flights from India to the city. Some of them are Air Arabia, Qatar Airways, Air India, and Air India Express. The city is well-connected with various Indian cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kochi, and many more.
Alternatively, you can take a flight to Dubai and take a bus, train, or other flight to Sharjah.
How many days do you need in Sharjah?
You need around three to five days in Sharjah. You can go sightseeing the beautiful monuments around the city, enjoy numerous watersport activities along the beaches, and explore desert safari.
Thus, the number of days is enough for shopping and relishing the street foods in Sharjah.
What are the best things to do in Sharjah at night?
1. Dine out at Al Majaz Waterfront- You can enjoy the serene environment beside the lake and dancing fountains at night. There are various restaurants and cafes as well to dine out with your family and friends.
2. Shop your heart out at Iranian Market- This is the oldest market in Sharjah where you can purchase stuff from Iran, Afghanistan, and other places. You can find one of the best carpet shops in this market.
3. Go night gazing at Al Majaz Park- The nighttime view of the tall buildings and lights is incredible to watch from Al Majaz Park. It is one of the great things to do in Sharjah.