1. Kaas Plateau: The fire-coloured volcanic soil of the Kaas Plateau has made it a major attraction among the tourists from all over the world. Being a UNESCO world heritage site, this place is well protected and comes under a preserved area of forests. The volcanic soil has made this place a breeding ground for various colourful flowers, hence the name “the valley of flowers”. Sitting at a height of 1200 metres above sea level, the Kaas Plateau covers an area of around 1000 acres. From a camping spot to a trekking destination, this location offers several adrenaline rushing activities.
- Location: Satara, Maharashtra, India
2. Pratapgad Fort: Be it clicking some stunning pictures with scenic backdrops or just appreciating the finest historical craftsmanship, the Pratapgad Fort will let you enjoy various activities.Once a site of battle, the fort has now been turned into a tourist spot. Preached at a height of 3500 metres above the sea level, this fort overlooks the magnificent valley and lets you gaze into the uninterrupted scenery of sunsets. For all the nature and adventure enthusiasts, the trail to the top of this fort will offer numerous rugged pathways loaded with local flora.
- Location: Maan Rd, Hinjawadi, Pune, Maharashtra 400033
- Timings: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
3. Thoseghar Falls: One of the highest waterfalls in India, theThoseghar Waterfall is known for its calm and serene surroundings. Being a series of waterfalls, the smallest one here falls from a height of 20 metres and the highest one falls from the height of 200 metres. The scenery of gushing streams of water adding up and creating a big pool has made it one of the most beautiful locations of Satara. Around the waterfall, you will find various small food stalls serving regional snacks and dishes.
- Location: Thoseghar, Maharashtra 415013
- Timings: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
4. Lingamala Falls: Another beautiful waterfall of Satara, the Lingamala Falls is a cluster of 2 waterfalls which fall from a height of 600 feet above the sea level. Being a multi-tiered waterfall, the Lingmala Falls exhibits a very beautiful scenery of gushing streams. From parking to restrooms and food stalls, the surroundings of this waterfall are loaded with an array of facilities. Either wishing to camp for the night or just looking for a place where you can soak in a pool, this waterfall is perfect for both the activities.
- Location: Bhekavali, Maharashtra 412806
- Timings: 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Price: INR 20 per person and INR 10 for camera
5. Mayani Bird Sanctuary: Built during the british era, the Mayani Bird Sanctuary has been a home to around 400 and more species of birds. Flocked by southern flamingoes and other migratory birds, this particular sanctuary has become a very famous tourist attraction of Satara. A visit here will not only let you get close to nature but you will also be able to click numerous memorable pictures with your loved ones. Apart from the birds, this sanctuary is also dotted with various herbal and medicinal plants.
- Location: SH76, Kankatre, Maharashtra 415102
- Timings: 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Price: INR 60 per person and INR 100 for camera
6. Ajinkyatara Fort: Sitting at a height of 3300 feet above the sea level, the Ajinkyatara Fort sits one of the seven hills which surround Satara City. Dating back to the sixteenth century, the fort is loaded with various enchanting wall carvings and sculptures. Inside the fort there are various scenic spots including temples and other small forts. If you are seeking adventure and want to try your hands on activities like trekking and hiking then make sure that you conquer the trail towards the Ajinkyatara Fort.
- Location: Satara, Maharashtra 415001
- Timings: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
7. Natskies Observatory: Being the first public access observatory in India, the Natskies Observatory holds various educational tours for visitors and encourages space science and astronomy. Inside the observatory, there are various space related equipment including a telescope and a sign wave collector. Hosting tours on a pre booking basis, this observatory is famous for its stargazing sessions and documentary shows.
- Location: Kaswand, Maharashtra 415012
- Timings: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Price: INR 50 per person
8. Shivsagar Lake: Known for its peaceful and calm surroundings, the Shivsagar Lake is a very prominent location of Satara City. This is the place where tourists from various corners flock to so that they can enjoy a peaceful boating experience. The lake is surrounded by scenic mangroves and many high standing trees which add to its beauty. One will also spot various fast food stalls near the lake where they can binge on regional snacks and fast food.
- Location: Near Bamnoli, Satara, Maharashtra, 415001