West Bengal tour packages have a lot to offer to its customers from treks in beautiful, serene mountain ranges, to colourful bazaar experiences, to fun times at beaches like Mandarmani, to experiencing British culture and its influence here, to getting a taste of the famous Bengali culture from theatres and art galleries to ‘sandesh’ shops and age-old restaurants. West Bengal, a state located between the waterbody Bay of Bengal and fierce mountain range Himalayas, can offer one both the beauty and solitude of hills and the beachy fun of ports and harbors. It has Sunderbans, a marshy land famous for tigers and its beautiful beaches. It also has access to famous trek routes like Sandakphu and Rohtang Pass. Its capital city of Kolkata has numerous touristy activities and spots that would further enrich such packages and make the trips of travelers memorable. Home to famous personalities like Tagore, once the capital of India, Calcutta now known as Kolkata has a rich cultural heritage and a colorful history to be witnessed in the numerous museums of the city. The people are warm and friendly and ever ready to help. They’ll make sure you see everything you should about this city of joy! Throughout the city, you find a range of influences of history in the build of residential as well as commercial buildings. There are red brick British buildings and churches. Not to mention the magnificent Victoria Palace, all remnants of an era bygone. The Howrah Bridge is the longest suspension bridge of its kind and also the busiest bridge in the world. Boating in the Hooghly River as the day ends, with a ruby sun setting in the West, and a chrome-orange hue engulfing the sky, one can enjoy a tranquil view overlooking the Howrah silhouetted against the semi-dark sky and just relax. Read on to know more about the best tour packages in West Bengal.
Popular West Bengal Tour Packages
|Sandakphu Trek||6D/5N||₹ 9250.0||4.0 star|
|Short Tour from Kolkata 2021 | Book @ Flat 20% off||2D/1N||₹ 3500||5.0 star|
|2 Days Tour from Kolkata 2021 | Flat 20% off||2D/1N||₹ 3500||5.0 star|
|Darjeeling Sikkim Tour Package||8D/7N||₹ 22150.0||4.0 star|
|Darjeeling Tour Package from Kolkata 2021 | Flat 13% off||8D/7N||₹ 22999||5.0 star|
People Also Ask About West Bengal Tours
What are the top attractions on a sightseeing tour in West Bengal?
West Bengal has a variety of tourist places the top amongst them being sightseeing spots. These attractions that would be a just inclusion in a sightseeing tour of Bengal range from cold mountain ranges to sunny beaches, zoos and botanical gardens to heritage buildings and palaces. The top visits amongst these are:
- Darjeeling Toy Train in Darjeeling
- Cooch Behar Palace in Cooch Behar
- Gorumara National Park in Jalpaiguri
- Hazardauri Palace in Murshidabad
- Adina Deer Park in Maldah district
- Shantiniketan in Birhum
- Bishnupur temples in Bankura
- Howrah Bridge in Kolkata
- Vidyasagar Setu bridge in Kolkata
- Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Indian Botanic Garden in Howrah
- Dakshineswar temple in Dakshineswar
- Belur Math Temple in Howrah
- Digha in Mednipur
- Victoria Memorial in Kolkata
- St. Paul’s Cathedral in Kolkata
- Eden Gardens in Kolkata
Which are the best cycling tours in West Bengal?
If one gets tired of being in just a single locality of West Bengal and wishes instead to explore all of its niches, bike tours are the best solution! There are several cycle routes existing within West Bengal that connects small villages and bigger towns. One can easily embark upon an adventure on any one of these. Following are the best routes to follow.
- Mukutmanipur and Bankura
- Kolkata to Digha
- Kolkata to Jamshedpur
- Kolkata to Raichak
- Kolkata to Mayapur
Which are the famous localities for a food tour in West Bengal?
Bengalis are famous not just for their elite nature and cultured behavior along with well amassed academic knowledge but also for mouth-watering traditional cuisine. Food is very important to a Bengali and thus he/she takes great care in preparing their dishes. When in West Bengal the following famous localities are a must visit for food tours.
- Fairlie Road in Kolkata is famous for its street food and the numerous delectable treats found here. The go-to dish of this locality is Luchi-Alur Dom.
- Bada Bazaar area in Kolkata is again a locality famous for street food. However, the most famous dish of this locality is Keemar Doi Bada which is a sweet fusion of the vegetarian dahi bada with meat!
- New Market or Park Street in Kolkata has several famous small eateries serving one of the most famous dishes of this region – Kathi Rolls.
- Dacre Lane in Kolkata has been acknowledged by the WHO to have the best quality street food served in the world. Here, one will find one of the most famous Bengali dishes the ‘jhaal muri’.
- Oh! Calcutta is a famous restaurant in Kolkata that would be worth a visit for its Daab Chingri dish not to mention its noulen-gur ice cream.
- 6 Ballygunge Place in Kolkata is famous for its dish of fish called Bhetki Macher Paturi.
Which are the best tours to experience wildlife in West Bengal?
While not many people know Bengal for its wildlife, it has an exotic collection that makes for a very interesting visit. It houses the world’s famous Royal Bengal Tigers. In addition, it also has several other interesting species of birds and rhinos and bulls. Following are the top places to experience wildlife in West Bengal:
- Ramnabagan Wildlife Sanctuary
- Sajnekhali Wildlife Sanctuary
- Buxa Tiger Reserve
- Neora Valley National Park
- Jaldapara National Park
- Gorumara National Park
- Singalila National Park
- Lothian Island Wildlife Sanctuary
- Haliday Island Wildlife Sanctuary
Which are the most popular areas to go for a shopping tour in West Bengal?
Shopping in West Bengal can be a fun exercise especially when one steps away from the typical malls and moves more towards the local hawkers and street markets. Following are a few popular areas for some good old Bengali shopping.
- Kumartoli – you will get the best terracotta and clay idols in this place. Along with this terracotta utensils and other such artisan products will be available. Kolkata’s famous brushes with animal hair are also available here.
- Bara Bazaar – a locality in Kolkata this area has a multitude of shops for clothes and such. Good quality, designer products are available at extremely reasonable prices here. One caveat before a shopper enters this region is that bargaining is highly popular here.
- Malls of Kolkata – these include south city mall, city center etc
- Darjeeling – typical hill station type shopping at Darjeeling’s mall road
- Kalimpong – Wood sculptures are very widely available here as wood-crafting is a famous skill here.
What are the places perfect for heritage tours in West Bengal?
There are a lot of heritage buildings and areas in West Bengal. A tour of them gives one a sense of the importance and relevance of Bengal’s history. The top amongst these places are.
- Old Calcutta – with monuments like the Writer’s building, Victoria Memorial
- Toy Train in Darjeeling
- Sundarbans National Park
- Terracotta temples at Bishnupur
Which are the most adventurous trekking tours in West Bengal?
Situated at the foothills of the great Himalayan Mountain Range, West Bengal offers plenty of adventurous trekking tours for tourists with a thirst for adventure and thrill. Here are the top few options.
- Sandakphu Trek
- Goechala Trek
- Kamala Falls Trek
- Jayanti Jungle Trek
- Rohini Trek
- Phalut Trek
- Bamonpokhri Jungle Trek
Can I do the Sandakphu trek in West Bengal? Is it a difficult trek?
The Sandakphu is a beautiful trek with some of the most amazing sites you’ll have ever seen. While it is not a beginners level trek, it is also not extremely difficult and can be undertaken by a moderately fit individual. There are agencies and guides that take tourists for this trek in groups ensuring their safety and addressing all concerns.
Which are the top camping experiences in West Bengal?
Camping in the mountains of West Bengal and its neighboring areas can be an interesting experience. Following are the top choices for camping experiences.
- Mt Thingchinkhang
- Goechala with its numerous trekking routes
- Neora Valley National Park
- Tajpur Nature Camp