1. The Sunken Ship Dive: For anyone who has always fantasised about diving into the water and finding shipwrecks laying there, this place brings those dreams to reality. To gratify such fascination, Sunken Ship Dive has a ship deliberately sunk at the Dredger Wreck site. It not only makes the diving there more thrilling but also enhances the experience of the divers. The places for scuba diving in Seychelles that allow advanced divers to experience this wonderful session are The Dredger Wreck and The Ennerdale Wreck.
- Location: Dredger Wreck: Near Beau Vallon Bay.
- Ennerdale Wreck: Southwest from Mamelles, North of Malé.
- Timing: 8 a.m to 5 p.m in April and May.
- Cost: Between INR 12,000 to 18,000
2. L’ilot: Located near Beau Vallon Bay, this is a tiny island mostly of rocks, in Seychelles. The surrounding water has rich marine life, and crystal clear water making it a good choice for divers. It also offers night dives where the divers can enjoy the marine life full of turtles, reef sharks and coral flora in the night time. The divers should however be aware of strong currents that may occur from time to time.
- Location: At the North-East end of Beau Vallon Bay.
- Timing: 8 a.m to 5:30 p.m in May and October
- Cost: Between INR 8,000 to 12,000.
3. Baie Ternay Marine Park: Places for scuba diving in Seychelles will remain incomplete without mentioning Baie Ternay Marine Park. It is no short of a paradise for divers and snorkelers. With no direct road connection from the Beau Vallon Bay, this place is blooming in its natural beauty. The divers can go as deep as 23 metres to catch a glimpse of various marine animals like dolphins, whale sharks, and sea turtles. The coast of the island is also filled with mangroves, coral reefs, seagrass and sandy and rocky shores.
- Location: 5km southwest of Beau Vallon Bay.
- Timing: 9 a.m to 5 p.m in April, May, October and November.
- Cost: Between INR 14,000- 16,000.
4. Brissare Rocks: Another spot for scuba diving in Seychelles is Brissare Rocks that flaunts its incredible underwater fauna, some of which are local to only this place. The divers would often come across fire corals, yellow snappers, parrotfish and eagle rays. The white gorgonians combined with bright orange sponges underwater makes the dive incredibly beautiful and memorable.
- Location: 5km north of Mahé.
- Timing: 9 a,m to 5 pm in April and May.
- Cost: Between INR 15,000 to 19, 000
5. Chuckles Rocks: Considered as one of the best diving spots in Mahé Island, this area boasts of colourful marine life including but not limited to coral reefs, lionfish, stingrays, white-tip reef shark eagle rays, etc. The underwater elegance of this diving spot which makes it special are single granite massif and the rocks encrusted with fan and soft corals. For honeymooners and couples, it is the perfect place to make memories underwater.
- Location: North-West End of Beau Vallon Bay.
- Timing: 8 a.m to 5 p.m April, May, October and November.
- Cost: Between INR 10,000 to 12,000.
6. St Pierre: Scuba diving in Praslin Seychelles' at St. Pierre is a dream for many beginners, as it is only 10 metres deep and the water here is calmer than in many other spots. Divers can also explore the cave located on the eastern side and enjoy the experience of swimming with turtles, reef sharks and varied coral species. Even though it is a tiny island, beginners can enjoy their session to its fullest without having to worry about strong water currents.
- Location: North of Praslin Island
- Timing: 8 am to 5 pm in May and October.
- Cost: Between 15,000 to 19,000.
7. White Bank: One can never get enough of scuba diving in the White Bank. It is full of colourful reef fish, clownfish, napoleon wrasses, stingrays in a huge number. The stunning underwater topography also features seascapes that include tunnels and arches, making it look like a scene out of a movie. The divers could swim with a variety of fishes and turtles, making the diving session memorable. It is one of the top choices of many experts and moderate divers for scuba diving in Praslin Seychelles.
- Location: Near Praslin Island.
- Timing: 8 a.m to 5 p.m in April, May, October and November.
- Cost: Between INR 12,000 to 18,000.
8. South Marianne Island: Another one of the popular spots for scuba diving in Praslin Seychelles area is South Marianne Island. Many divers claim it to be the best spot in the entire Inner Island of Seychelles. This place offers a myriad of variety and quantity in fishes. The underwater scenery of this spot makes the diver speechless with its beauty of coral reefs and aquatic plants. It is only open for advanced scuba divers because of its occasional strong currents. The divers can swim with barracudas, giant morays, eagle rays, turtles etc. The island also has a stunning rock formation that divers can have a look at if they wish.
- Location: Inner Islands, Seychelles
- Timing: 9 a.m to 5 p.m from March to May
- Cost: Between INR 16,000 to 20,000
9. Aldabra: It is the world's second-largest coral atoll and a UNESCO World Heritage site. The entire island is dominated by birds and tortoises. This island is home to many rare marine animals, and it allows scuba-divers to swim with the green turtle, hawksbill among many others. If the divers plan to swim during high tides and low tides, there is a chance they would come close to swimming with varied fish species. However, it is a protected natural reserve, so the divers will have to take permission from Seychelles Island Foundation to dive here.
- Location: Southwest of Victoria, Mane Island
- Timing: 9 a.m to 5 p.m from Mid-October to December, and late February to April
- Cost: Between INR 15,000 to 19,000.
Book Now: Seychelles Holiday Packages