1. Stroll along the Cotai Strip: Home to famous casinos, luxurious resorts, restaurants and a plethora of activities, the Cotai Strip is the best place to go to if you wish to enjoy the vibrant Macau Nightlife. Head to the Cotai Strip at night, and take a relaxing stroll amidst the hustle and bustle of the crowds, whilst soaking in views of the illuminated structures.
The beauty of this attraction in Macau is on another level once nightfall arrives. From bright lights and colourful displays, to the opulent structures that offer stunning aesthetics, a stroll along the Cotai Strip is nothing short of mesmerising.
Location: Estrada do Istmo, Macau
2. Try Your Luck at Casinos: Known as the Las Vegas of the East, the best way to experience the Nightlife in Macau is to try your luck at the many casinos present here. From the Venetian, which is the largest casino in the world with more than 3,000 slot machines and 800 gambling tables, to the luxurious Grand Lisboa Casino, MGM Casino and more, there is something for every kind of gambler in Macau.
However, it is best to take time to decide which casino you’d like to go to, according to your budget, since the Macau casino scene may get daunting and overwhelming for some.
3. Shake Your Legs at D2 Nightclub: Besides the wide array of casinos, nightclubs and pubs are the next best thing in Macau. So, when you are here on your holiday, take some time out at night and head to one of these nightclubs to spend some time shaking your legs away on the dance floor.
One of the best nightclubs you can go to is the D2 Nightclub, which has been inspired by European nightclubs and exudes an elegant design and ambience. Located in Fisherman’s Wharf, this club offers amazing drinks and food, in addition to music by top international DJs, and more.
Location: Fisherman’s Wharf, Macau
Timings: 09:00 p.m. to 05:00 a.m.
3. Take a city tour: One of the best experiences that you can have of the Macau Nightlife is to go on a unique city tour at night. From exploring the Cotai Strip and seeing all the beautiful bright lights and buildings, to exploring attractions like the Macau Tower, Fisherman’s Wharf, Senado Square and more, you can take the chance to explore Macau in your own way, while trying to discover hidden gems and mysteries in the city. You can also head to one of the night markets and indulge in lip-smacking local delicacies, such as Laksa, curry noodles and a lot more.
4. Attend Pool Parties: Want to do something out of the box when you are in Macau? Do your research of the current events and attend one of the pool parties in Macau. Not only do you not have to dress up, but you can also spend some time simply meeting new people, tucking into good food and drinks, listening to good music, and soaking in the verdant vistas of the brightly lit Macau.
Most of the famous hotels in Macau, such as Studio City, the Venetian Macao and Hard Rock Hotel, among others, tend to organise pool parties on a regular basis, which you can attend for a little fee and then party the night away.
5. Get Drunk at Macallan Whisky Bar & Lounge: Head over to Macallan Whisky Bar & Lounge and try the many cocktails, non-alcoholic drinks and food here to enjoy the Nightlife in Macau. This bar is known all over Macau for its stylish and sophisticated décor and ambience, and is complete with wooden furniture, leather sofas, an artisanal fireplace, as well as chandeliers made of stag antlers.
Offering one of the most extensive selections of whiskey from all over the world, it is here where you can try more than 400 malt whiskeys, including rare ones from the Macallan Distillery as well. If you aren’t a whiskey fanatic, you can also try other cocktails and mocktails here, and pair those up with delicious snacks.
Location: Galaxy Macau, Level 2, 203, Estrada de Baía de Nossa Senhora da Esperança, Cotai Strip, Macau
Timings: 06:00 p.m. to 01:00 a.m.
6. Dine in some traditional Chinese cuisine: Of all the things that you can do to enjoy the Macau Nightlife, exploring the markets and trying out traditional Chinese cuisine is quite possibly the very best. Macau boasts of a fusion cuisine, with a major influence from Chinese dishes, spices and more. You can choose to head to the night markets and street food stalls that sell authentic Chinese dishes like egg tarts, and Sichuan noodles, or pay a visit to some of the top restaurants to indulge in a Chinese meal.
Some of these restaurants include the Sichuan Moon for ma po tofu, the Eight restaurant for steamed crab claw with ginger and Chinese wine and the Feng Wei Ju restaurant for braised pork belly, boiled mandarin fishes and handmade Chinese noodles. Some of the famous Chinese meals and dishes that you can try in Macau include dried crab roe tossed noodles, traditional pork chop bun, deep fried fish skin noodles and deep-fried crackling.
7. Shop at Hong Kong Night Market: Amongst the best things to do for a varied experience of Nightlife in Macau, head over to the famous Hong Kong Night Market and shop to your heart’s content here. Located on Rua de Cinco De Outubro street, the night market is great to get your hands on local traditional street food, snacks, arts and crafts as well as vintage items. The night market also has many game booths and photo booth walls, where you can spend some time with your friends.
Location: Rua de Cinco de Outubro, Macau
Timings: 06: 00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.