Located in the northern part of Siem Reap, accompanied by greenery and lush forest, Siem Reap adds a special flavor in the weather of every season. It is slightly cooler in temperature in comparison with rest of the Siem Reap.
- November to April: This season is marked for its dry run, if you are planning to visit Siem Reap in mid season then set your eyes on Siem Reap and enjoy this dry run of the weather to the fullest for outdoor activities.
- December to February: Explore the party animal in you under a soothing climate and feel the rush of blood running through you because of the basic settings of this party town. This can also be considered as the peak season of Siem Reap as well.
- April to November: We cannot call it an offseason, still if you are setting up an eye for outdoor activities then occasional showers can disrupt your plans and force you to become a prisoner in the hotel rooms.
Siem Reap is the connecting point to Siem Reap, if you are seeking for connectivity to Siem Reap then this is the best place.
- By Air: The city is a host for an international airport, this airport also holds an importance in the terms of business and official tourism. Getting a cheap flight to Siem Reap is easier in comparison with other destinations.
- By Bus: Siem Reap is connected with neighboring countries, Bangkok and Vietnam through regular bus services. Siem Reap as an additional destination for the Bangkok trip is a good option and this Bus connectivity promotes it big time.
Siem Reap is an all-rounder destination that offers you all sorts of pleasure activities. It has the power to offer you a different kind of variety in the terms of activity. If you have a set of tireless energy running you then this place has an exhaustive range of activities to offer you.
- Welcome to the Party Town: The place is on the roads to become mini Bangkok, this statement alone makes it clear that what kind of party fun you can expect in Siem Reap. So, raise the bar and join the party lane.
- Explore the nature: The presence of a national park creates opportunities for the tourists where they can plan trekking and cycling expeditions in the buffer zone of the park and feel the refreshing pulse of the wild.
- Religion is a living book of history: Temples of Siem Reap talks loads about the opulent history of this place, treat this city as a canvas for a royal story to unleash in front of you. The temple visits can bring you at your imaginative best and offer some pearls of wisdom.
Have a look at the sightseeing attractions from three lenses; explore them for couples, for groups, and for budgeting options. We are saying this because this consideration will change your perception to explore the destination.
- Day Trip and Excursions to temples: Visit Angkor temples with a day trip, there are more than a hundred temples. Five of them are functional even now. If you have a taste in archeology then plan your trip differently. However, if you want to have a touch and go then day trips are the best way.
- National Park: If you are moving in a couple then a bicycle tour or a Jeep Safari is a better option to visit this national park. When you are in the big group then try your hand in trekking and day picnics on various parts of this national park.
- A visit to the historic sites: Apart from the temples, you can pay a visit to historical sites in Siem Reap like Banteay Samre, The Victory Gate, and Angkor Thom.
Living up to its reputation of being the party town of the Siem Reap, Siem Reap offers all sorts of party destinations. Best resorts of the city also follow the same norms. If you are planning a “resort stay” in Siem Reap then seek for relaxation and party fun going hand in hand.
- Phum Baitang Resort: Two exquisite eateries and a spa, this place offers you a perfect stay by all the possible standards. Expect some star category facilities in this property and live a royal life.
- Sojourn Boutique Villas: A cluster of Villas is at your disposal, these villas are connected with a public place where you can party and cool your hot moods and finally come back to a spacious villa where you can enjoy a cozy privacy.
- Royal Angkor Resort: It is a cross between a hotel and a resort, the spa attached to the facility offers you great services. It can also be considered as a star category hotel where you will get this opportunity to mingle with the best gentry.
You can try your hands with equipment driven activities, apart from it you can also use them as a filler in your day. The specialty of this place lies with the bird watching that connects you to the dense and wilder side of Siem Reap.
- Kompong Phluk tour: A single adventure tour that connects you to two villages of Siem Reap along with a cruise experience.
- Quad bike adventure: Try your hands with Quad bike and go for some off-roading adventures on some beaten tracks of Siem Reap.
- Chav Bird Sanctuary tour: Probably the best bird sanctuary tour, if you are having a limited stay in Siem Reap then spare a day for this bird sanctuary and feel a different pulse of life.
The local commutation culture of Siem Reap follows the culture of Bangkok, if you are familiar with that then you are already at home. All you need is to learn a few local signs to make them understand your wishes.
- Moto: Moto is the name of a local motorcycle taxi; you can hire it for $ 10 (640 INR) for a working day and pick your destinations as per your choice.
- Rework Moto: It is a modified carrier where a motorcycle engine does the trick for you. A nice ride for couples when they move inside the party lanes of Siem Reap.
- Buses and Cabs: Never rely on buses as a medium of transport when you are in Siem Reap because they are irregular in pattern. As everywhere else, cabs can become your man Friday, however, never forget to bargain hard before you step in.
If you are a shopaholic then Siem Reap is a delight for you, first it is an economic destination, second, it offers an unique local variety and third it is a 24-hour shopping destination at many places.
- Lucky Mall: A nice place to get an access to some international brands, you can find international standard goods at cheap rates because multinational companies have a different price slab to offer for Siem Reap.
- Theam’s House: It is a museum cum shop where you can witness the glimpses of great Siem Reapn culture and take home some amazing art pieces inspired by this great treasure of architecture, which is enrooted in the Siem Reap and Angkor.
- Angkor Night Market: Shop during the night and bargain for some amazing deals in this market, a big chunk of sellers also sell the leftovers of big stores in this market so be ready to get lucky when you are at Angkor Night Market.
Fish, rice, and fruits are the major ingredients of the local cuisines. When you are eating out in Siem Reap then expect for the best organic options because this place is bounded with the organic farming because of its backwardness in the field of modern sciences. Enjoy this traditional culinary culture and gift yourself this dining out experience.
- Prahok: Made with fish and cold rice, this dish supports a spicy flavor, add it with noodles and feel the Chinese twist in a local Siem Reap dish. Khmer Family Restaurant is the best place to enjoy this delicacy of Siem Reap.
- Amok Fish: Wrapped tastefully in a banana leaf, this fish based dish has the power to greet your aesthetic senses along with the taste buds at the same time. Try this dish in Amok Restaurant and have your stint with the best taste.
Siem Reap is a heaven for budget travelers. In the terms of party opportunities, it is a big and open nightclub at your disposal. It is a marked area of Siem Reapn tourism map where you can feel safe while having a party.
- The Angkor What? Bar: Step into this international standard bar where a great party ambiance and the international crowd is waiting to jibe with you.
- Night shopping activities and roaming around: The nightlife of Siem Reap offers a different kind of cocktail. You can enjoy your drinks until the wee hours and shop around to make it an extended evening when we compare it world timings.
Siem Reap is the party capital of Siem Reap, if you are a honeymoon couple then the promoters of the tour can design your trip in an accordance with that. If you are planning a trip on your own then change the lens and figure out the romantic corners of this city where you can feel cozy.
- Catch the sunrise and feel that eternal bond: Siem Reap is a city of temples, wake up early and feel the sound of worships coming out of the temples. Holy chants will add a new energy in your bond and help you in consummating it a little better.
- Explore the wild: There are many bird watching sanctuaries in Siem Reap where you can cool your passions off amidst the wild. Plan a romantic Jeep Safari and make the best out of it.
Anywhere else in the world, hiring for a boating expedition can be a tricky job because of the hidden costs and additional charges associated with small ports. Things are much easier in Siem Reap where you can hire a personal ride for your family and explore various destinations under a simple package offered by the boat service providers.
- Visit a floating village: This is a very popular half-day tour, hire a boat from Siem Reap, move to a floating village, enjoy this water universe and have a gala dinner in a boat.
- Kompong Phluk village: It is a one-day tour that covers a variety of destination including Kampong Village, which is your main destination.
Angkor Archeological Park is an international heritage site located near Siem Reap. This place is a host for many treks that provides great bird watching options along with some amazing sites enriched with natural sceneries and waterfalls etc, per say we cannot give them the names of the trek but you can always make a choice and convert a regular destination into treks.
- Hidden Siem Reap Tours: Pick a package of your choice, visit some lesser known places near temples and other architectural wonders.
- Buffalo trails: Visit the countryside of Siem Reap on bicycles and then enjoy a buffalo ride in the farm fields.
Phnom Penh Siem Reap is connected with a water passage. They are the two most important cities of Siem Reap. If you are seeking for cruising experience near Siem Reap then this water route is always open for you.
- Siem Reap to Phnom Penh with Cruise
Enjoy the beauty of Siem Reap from the perspective of a voyager, this cruise offers you a variety of services. Most of the services are international standard services and hospitality amidst nature will please you when you will have this amazing experience.
Sihanoukville is the part where snorkeling facilities are available, you can hire them as a part of your accommodation package and you can also hire them as a regular adventure article at the same time. It is advisable to go for a package instead of a standalone activity.
Siem Reap is a gateway to Angkor temples, we can also consider it as the city of temples as well. There are three major temples that should be visited while you are staying in Siem Reap.
- Angkor Temples: Declared as a heritage site by UNESCO in the year 1992, this temple is the calling card of Siem Reap and Siem Reap.
- Angkor Thom: This temple promotes the concepts of Buddhism, the giant structures of the elephants and the map where gates are fixing an environmental architecture are the major attractions of this temple.
- Ba Yon Temple: 50 stone towers and four giant faces that cover the essence of Buddhism for you. Must visit place if you are searching for a spiritual awakening with the help of stones.
Siem Reap hosts one of the biggest wildlife sanctuaries of Siem Reap, which is the wildlife sanctuary of Angkor.
Plan a visit to this place and at least spare two days for it so that you can discover the wild of Siem Reap and enjoy the calm of the deep rainwater forest with the crooning of the birds.
Siem Reap is famous for its temples, there are more than hundred temples in the region. These five temples are functional and priests offer regular worship to these places.
- Angkor Wat: The leader of the pack, this temple is the main temple in the area of Siem Reap, it can be the beginning point of this religious exploration of Siem Reap.
- Bayon: At the heart of Angkor Thom is the 12th-century, Bayon temple, the mesmerising, if slightly mind-bending, enchanting and full of heritage and studded with culture and beauty.
- Banteay Srei: The art gallery of Angkor, Banteay Srei is a Hindu temple dedicated to Shiva. This temple is wonderfully well preserved and many of its carvings are three-dimensional which further creates intrigue and love for this mesmerising beauty.
- Preah Khan: The Preah Khan temple complex situated at the northern edge of the Angkor Archaeological Park is one of the most significant buildings erected during the 10th century to honour King Jayavarman 7.
- Phnom Bakheng: Phnom Bakheng is an artsy mountain temple which will not failed to leave you spellbound with its gigantic structure and design. The Hindu-Buddhist temple of the first Khmer capital in the Angkor region survives as one of the world's greatest architectural treasures.
Start your Siem Reap trip with a visit to museums, that will give you an idea that what you have in store for you when you are visiting this amazing city.
- War Museum: Explore the warfare techniques and weapons of Khmer Kingdom while paying a visit to this museum.
- National Museum: Develop a journalistic overview of the crisis periods and glorious periods of Siem Reap history at this place.
- Panorama Museum: True to its name, this museum presents a replica of all the temples of Angkor.
Angkor Wat is the main temple of Siem Reap.
- The city is connected with the Siem Reap main international airport which is easily accessible. The distance from the major Siem Reap province is about 7.8 km (17 mins) via Street 30.
- In order to reach Angkor Wat, one can hire various modes of transports like buses and cabs and reach to this splendid temple.