What to Do in Munich?Visit Alte Pinakothek, Visit A Beer Hall, Tour The Munich Residenz, Visit Marienplatz Square, Stroll The English Garden, Visit Asam Brothers’ Church, Visit Neues Rathaus, Explore Englischer Garten and many more.
The mesmerising things to do in Munich will give you an opportunity to relish some of the once in a lifetime experiences. Munich offers its tourists a chance to visit its landscape gardens to relax and rejuvenate, beer halls to taste exotic local craft beers, and age old architectural marvels to see through the times gone by. While you can enjoy the perfect blend of history and culture during the exploration tour of Alte Pinakothek, you can marvel at the lavishly designed walls and royal displays of the museum of The Munich Residenz. While strolling along the english garden will offer you outstanding views of natural beauty, visiting the Asam Brothers’ Church will give you a chance to enjoy a religious vibe.
Wandering about what to do in Munich, then plan a itinerary that lets you indulge in some adventure activities like Surfing in the English Garden riding the artificially created wave on the Eisbach stream and Abseiling the Olympic Stadium to capture the glimpses of the 1972 Olympic stadium. If you are shopaholic, then during your stay in Munich, you can head out on special curated shopping tours to the upscale shopping complexes and markets to shop till you drop.
Things to Do in Munich
People Also Ask About Munich Things To Do
What are the best things to do in Munich?
1. Visit Alte Pinakothek: As an authentic art museum, Alte Pinakothek is a historically based cultural point of interest. This museum not only contains artistically fascinating paintings but also the outstanding art works of the golden ages of German, Dutch, French, Italy and Spain.
It has many galleries with a great collection of paintings with historical importance. This place serves as a knowledgeable destination to every visitor they visit.
Location: Barer Str. 27, 80333 München, Germany
2. Visit A Beer Hall: Munich hosts to be the famous beer spot of the world which has many beer halls across it's town. It has beer halls like Der Pschorr, Hofbrauhaus, Augustinerkell and many more which foment beer by the shop itself.
The beer cafes are the simplest architecture with a comfortable dine where you can sit and enjoy the tasteful beer with multiple cuisines of traditional significance.
Location: Platzl 9, 80331 München, Germany
Checkout & Book: Germany Tour Packages
3. Tour The Munich Residenz: The Munich residence is served to be the royal residence of Germany. It has huge museums with historical architecture and artifacts. The lavishly designed walls and royal displays of the museum make every visitor leave noteworthy.
There are monasteries, gardens and old houses which also hold remarkable significance.
Location: Residenzstraße 1, 80333 München, Germany
4. Marienplatz Square: The most important and famous square, Marienplatz square is situated amidst the crowded town of Munich. Being located in the center of the town, this square is a major point of attraction for it has old monuments, inexpensive restaurants, local shops and a lot more that allows visitors and travelers to experience Munich way more gracefully.
Location: Marienplatz, 80331 München, Germany
Also Checkout & Book: Europe Tour Packages
5. Stroll The English Garden: One of the most popular as well as largest parks of the world as well as Germany, the English Garden is a beautiful landmark with an outstanding landscape view.
There is a beer garden where you can spend some spare time and seek the tranquility of that place. It has a very comfortable atmosphere with interesting restaurants where you can have a perfect dining.
Location: Munich, Germany
6. Visit Asam Brothers’ Church: Experience the marvelous as well as smallest Church of Munich having extremely incredible architecture. Be it the interior appearance or the exterior, this church appears to be a complete masterpiece with absolute religious features that draws the attention of every tourist.
Location: Sendlinger Str. 32, 80331 München, Germany
Also Explore & Book: Europe Honeymoon Packages
7. Visit Neues Rathaus: One of the famous attractions of Munich, Neues Rathaus serves to be the most beautiful spot where you can seek the stunning views of the town. The construction of the statues of Bavarian Kings which is located at the Bay tower bedazzles with the histories of the past.
Right behind the New Town hall, there is a park called Marienhof which is a good place to spend some time relaxing in the evening.
Location: Marienplatz 8, 80331 München, Germany
8. Explore Englischer Garten: Exploring the Englischer Garten is one of the top things to do in Munich. It happens to be a large public park that is located in the centre of Munich. The park stretched from the heart of the city to the northeastern city limits.
The park was brought into being in the year 1789 by Sir Benjamin Thompson. Tourists love to spend time at this place in order to enjoy the typical english landscape unlike the geometrically-designed French Baroque garden.
Location: Munich, Germany
Must Checkout & Book: Switzerland Tour Packages
9. Go to Marienplatz: Marienplatz happens to be the central square that is located in the city centre of Munich, Germany. This has been the primary square in the city from 1158. It is widely popular for its christmas market, city anniversary celebration, Glockenspiel, and Championship celebration for FC Bayern.
The square was founded by Henry the lion. You can come over to this place during your leisure hours and enjoy a cup of coffee watching the bustling city life around you. It is also popular for its shopping destinations where you will be able to dive into the true life of Munich.
Location: Marienplatz, 80331 München, Germany
10. Take blessings at St Peter’s Church: St Peter's Church is a humble place to worship and is located amidst the busy town of Germany. Being the oldest Church, it has a fine architecture with historical significance as well as terrific interior appearance with old paintings that depicts the stories of the past.
There are several other art masterpieces designed over to attract the devotees to worship and take some hopeful blessings.
Location: Rindermarkt 1, 80331 München, Germany
Click Here To Book: Switzerland Honeymoon Packages
What are the best adventure activities to do in Munich?
1. Surfing in the English Garden: Surfing is a great fun and it is considered to be one of the most sought after things to do in Munich. If you wish to prove yourself as a fearless surfer then you can visit the English Garden and ride the artificially created wave on the Eisbach stream.
The stream will challenge your skills with its dangerous undercurrents and verboten signs.
2. Abseiling the Olympic Stadium: Abseiling the Olympic Stadium can be considered as one of the top things to do in Munich. The stadium was host for the 1972 Olympic games. At the present time the stadium lures tourists with its majestic stance.
Indulging in the abseiling activity, you will be able to abseil 40 meters from the tinted glass roof to capture some vertigo inducing views.
Explore & Book: Greece Tour Packages
3. Summer dips in Feringasee lake: Feringasee Lake is known for its crystal clear waters which is perfect for diving. You can indulge in diving activities, which is considered to be one of the top things to do in Munich at this place to get a refreshing feel.
You can also indulge in a volleyball game with your loved ones.
4. Rowing on Kleinhesseloher lake: Rowing on Kleinhesseloher Lake in the local row boats around the oak fringed lake is one of the top things to do in Munich. You can cross the rippling water to visit the Seehaus Beer Garden witnessing the alluring natural beauty all around.
Checkout & Book: Greece Honeymoon Packages
What are the best things to do in Munich at night?
1. Spend time at Munich Distillers Bar: If you are a beer lover, then there is absolutely no better place in Munich other than Munich Distillers Bar. Being a centre of Munich Nightlife, it offers you the best ever local experiences with its quirky cocktails and superb relaxing ambience.
You will also be able to taste some freshly prepared Bavarian dishes that are known for delighting taste buds.
2. Few drinks in one of our famous beer halls, Hofbrauhaus: Hodbrauhanus is one of the most sought after beer halls in Munich that lets you taste a wide range of local craft beers.
The construction of this place dates back to almost 500 years in the past. You will also get to enjoy traditional folk music at this place as well as relish some mouthwatering Bavarian dishes.
Also Checkout & Book: Paris Tour Packages
3. Enjoy the performance of Backstage Club: Backstage Club happens to be one of the inseparable parts of the Munich Nightlife. Heading over to this club, you will be able to listen to a wide range of artists in the concerts organised every week.
You will also be able to enjoy cool light shows that accompany great music.
4. Enjoy local delicacies at Schumann’s Bar: Schumann’s Bar is one of the best places in Munich that serves amazing food and exotic drinks. You can reach this place after sunset and enjoy the laid back vibe as well as enjoy being around some great people.
Also Explore & Book: Paris Honeymoon Tour Packages
What are the best things to do in Munich for couples?
1. Relax & Have Fun at English Garden: English garden has got all the answers for the question that might pop into your mind, what to do in Munich. This alluring beauty of Munich lets you spend your leisure time in the midst of nature away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
You can relax and spend some intimate moments with your partner as well.
2. Soothe Your Mind & Soul at the Beer Garden: Wandering about what to do in Munich, then head out to the Beer Garden where you will be able to soothe your mind and soul. You will get to taste some wonderful tasting locally prepared beer under the old chestnut trees in the midst of an alluring atmosphere.
If you and your partner are beer lovers, then this is one of the must visit places.
Must Checkout & Book: Italy Tour Packages
3. Soak In Peace at Starnberger Lake: Starnberger lake is one of the spellbinding places to visit where you will be able to indulge in some of the most sought after activities in Munich.
You will not only be able to witness the beautiful attractions but you will also be able to enjoy some intimate moments with your beloved partner. Spending some time in the serene atmosphere of the lake will surely give you a rejuvenating vibe.
4. Watch The Nature’s Beloved at Hellabrunn Zoo: Heading to the Hellbrunn Zoo with your beloved partner will be one of the best activities in Munich. You will get to witness ultimate natural beauty but also get a chance to enjoy your leisure time in the zoo strolling around with your beloved’s hand in yours.
You will also spot a wide range of native species in their natural habitat.
Click Here To Book: Italy Honeymoon Packages
Which are the best places for shopping in Munich?
1. Kripperlmarkt am Rindermarkt: Kripperlmarkt am Rindermarkt offers the tourist a wide range of shopping opportunities during the Christmas Season. The market is spread across a large area and it is at all times crowded.
Heading over to this place wandering about what to do in Munich, you will be able to see traditional artifacts along with several ornamental options. Apart from all these, you will be able to indulge in a wide range of local street food.
2. Maximilianstrasse: Maximilianstrasse happens to be one of the bustling shopping streets in Munich that is home to a plethora of international designer stores and fashion stores. You will get to shop from top luxury brands like Gucci, Dolce and Gabbana, and Valentino during your visit.
You will also come across some second hand luxury stores that sell second hand products at a very affordable pricing.
3. Hofstatt: It is one of the high end shopping complexes in Munich that is home to brands like Hollister, Gant, Schuster, Abercrombie & Fitch, OhJulia and Thomas. Popular for its luxury collection, you will get to shop a wide range of products at this place starting from designer clothing to jewelry and from footwear to other accessories.
Once you are done shopping, you can grab a quick bite at the most loved Le Copain.
4. Riem Arcaden: Riem Arcaden can be considered as one of the perfect places to enjoy luxury shopping during your stay in Munich. This lavish shopping complex packs in a wide range of brand showrooms and ample number of gaming arenas and restaurants to offer you a taste of the local cuisine.
Spread over three different floors, this complex will let you shop till you drop.
Checkout & Book: Amsterdam Tour Packages
How to reach Munich?
By Flight: The main international airport of Munich is Flughafen Franz-Josef Strauss which is also known as Munich International Airport. It has international and domestic flights operating from all continents on a regular basis. Some of the major flight operators operating in Munich are Air Canada, Air France, Etihad Airways, Emirates, Lufthansa.
By Road: Munich is accessible by road from some of the neighbouring cities like Stuttgart, Nuremberg, and Salzburg through A8, A9, and A95.
By train:Munich has got a very well connected train network to some of its neighbouring cities like Bolivia, Germany, Paris, Prague, Vienna, and many others. The major international railway station in Munich is Hauptbahnhof (Central Station)
Also Checkout & Book: Turkey Tour Packages
What is the best time to visit Munich?
The best time to visit Munich would be from the month of March to the month of May as the summer season may not be in its full blow. You will get a chance to party at Oktoberfest with your friends as well. The average temperature in this time of the year remains in between 40 - 50 degree Fahrenheit.
Is Munich safe?
Munich can be considered as one of the safest places on the earth because of its negligible crime rates and super strong administration. You can freely walk around the city without worrying much about your safety.
Solo travellers can also move around the city till late night hours without being worried. You can at all times reach out to the authorities in case of any emergency.
Also Explore & Book: Turkey Honeymoon Tour Packages
What is Munich known for?
Located at the banks of River Isar, Munich is known for its age-old architectural marvels, fine cultures, and commemorations all through the year. Heading over to this place, you will be able to enjoy the vibrant cultural scene as well as explore a wide range of relics in the exhibition halls. Apart from all these, it is very much popular for its diverse landscapes as well.
Must Checkout & Book: Istanbul Tour Packages
What to buy in Munich?
- Heilemann Chocolates
- Dallmayr Coffee
- Traditional “Tracht” Clothing and Accessories
- Fine Scarves from Ludwig Beck
- “Brotzeit” Marzipan Arrangement
- Beer Stein from the Hofbräuhaus
- Eilles Tea
- FC Bayern München Jersey
- Gummy Bears
- Weisswursts in a Jar to Take Home
- German Cutting Boards and Kitchen Utilities
Click Here To Book: France Honeymoon Tour Packages
Is it safe to visit Munich?
Munich can be considered as one of the safest places to visit in Europe. It has got zero rate of crime and locals are very much friendly which means you can seek assistance in case of any emergency.
It is one such place in the whole world that never sleeps which means you will be able to spend wonderful time with your loved ones till late night. However, to be on safer side, you need to look after your belongings from time to time.Explore & Book: France Tour Packages
How to reach Munich from India?
The best way to reach Munich from India would be by taking a direct flight to the Munich International Airport from the major cities of India such as Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, and Chennai.
You will get regular flights from these airports. Some of the major flight operators in this route are Air India and Lufthansa.
Checkout & Book: Spain Honeymoon Tour Packages
How many days do you need in Munich?
You can plan a trip of 4 - 5 days to cover the main sights around Munich and take part in some of the must do things as well. During your stay, you can take an old town walking tour with Munich Residenz tour, take English Garden Walking tour, and have dinner at Hofbräuhaus.
You can also take a trip from Munich to Neuschwanstein Castle, take a short side trip to the Dachau Concentration Camp, and enjoy a tour of Chinese Tower Beer Garden.
Also Checkout & Book: Spain Tour Packages