What are the famous places to see during the Stockholm tour?
1. Gamla Stan: Do you want to savor the true essence of the glorious Swedish culture? If your answer is yes, then be sure to go to the Gamla Stan during your visit. The location is filled with various boutique shops, art palaces, etc., which will surely brighten your day.
If you want to keep this place in your heart and mind, then be sure to buy some souvenirs from here as well. Also, if you are visiting the place in winter, then do not forget to visit the Christmas Market here. It offers a bamboozling display during this period.
Location: Gamla Stan City, Stockholm, Sweden
2. The Stockholm Palace: Bearing a history of almost 300 years, the Stockholm Palace has been boasting its grace since 1754. The outer façade of this beautiful place shines as the brightest example of the 17th Century European architectural brilliance. Hence, it should work as a decent place to click some quirky photos. Moreover, because of being located almost at the center of the city, the Stockholm Palace also offers easy access to anything and everything!
Location: Kungliga slottet, 107 70 Stockholm, Sweden
Timings: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Price: 160 SEK
3. Vasa Museum: Are you willing to learn a little bit more about the historical brilliance of Stockholm city? Then, the Vasa Museum should be the ideal location for you. By acquiring our Stockholm tour package, you can see the exquisite Vasa Battleship and learn more about this imperial fleet here.
Aside from the obvious, the beautiful museum also houses various other vessels, such as a lightship, an icebreaker, a torpedo, and many more.
Location: Galärvarvsvägen 14, 115 21 Stockholm, Sweden
Timings: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Price: 127 SEK – For Adults; Free for everyone under 18 years of age
4. Djurgarden: Situated almost beside the Vasa Museum, Djurgarden Island is considered to be one of the most beautiful locations in Stockholm. The whole surroundings of the place are filled with absolute greenery and, thus, offer a peaceful ambiance, away from the crowded city.
If you have already acquired our Stockholm tour package, then you can also visit the cafés, hotels, and snack-bars of the location. However, if you want to go on a leisurely stroll with your loved one, then you can do so here as well.
Location: Stockholm Archipelago, Sweden
5. Skansen Open-Air Museum: The oldest and prettiest open-air museum in the world, the Skansen Open-Air Museum is nothing short of pure brilliance. It is situated on Djurgarden Island and offers an authentic taste of old-age Sweden.
The location houses the duplicates of almost 150 different houses and buildings from all around the country. For example, you can find various manor houses, the Seglora Timber Church, a bakery, and many other things. Moreover, by opting for the Stockholm tours, you can visit the zoo here as well.
Location: Djurgårdsslätten 49-51, 11521 Stockholm
Timings: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Price: 240 SEK
6. Fotografiska: If you are interested in contemporary photography, then the Fotografiska Museum is a must-visit for you. As said before, the beautiful and well-decorated housing houses various exquisite examples of contemporary photography and hosts a wide array of exhibitions throughout the whole year.
There is also an amazing restaurant available on the top floor of the museum, which serves lip-smacking Swedish cuisine to the visitors. The place also organizes various musical tours during the season of winter.
Location: Stadsgårdshamnen 22, 11645 Stockholm
Timings: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Price: 155 SEK to 235 SEK for adults; 128 SEK to 194 SEK to students and senior citizen
7. Stockholm City Hall: Situated right beside the beautiful Water’s Edge, the Stockholm City Hall stands proudly as the most iconic building in the whole country. It was established in the year of 1923 and, since then, it has been featured in various postcards and images in the city.
The place houses various assembly rooms, the machinery of civil democracy, and art sculptures. The Golden Hall, which is also located here, has over 18 million mosaics adorning the walls. Be sure to get the Stockholm tour package today to savor the beauty of the city from the top of the tower.
Location: Hantverkargatan 1, 111 52 Stockholm
Timings: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Price: 90 SEK
8. Moderna Museet: The Moderna Museet, in essence, carries some of the best and foremost 20th-century art collections in Europe. There are various works of the artists like Picasso, Matisse, Derkert, and Dali available on the premises of the same. Aside from this, the museum holds several exhibitions throughout the year to promote modern-day artists as well. Also, if you do visit the location with our Stockholm tour package, then you can also savor the bird’s eye view of the Djurgarden from here!
Location: Exercisplan 4, 111 49 Stockholm
Timings: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Price: 300 SEK