The trip to this gorgeous town in Rajasthan is not only enticing but also rejuvenating with a range of thrilling and relaxing things to do in Chittorgarh. Known for its rich landscapes, royal palaces, historical structures, temples, panoramic views, mouth-watering cuisine, and lots of handicrafts to shop, the city attracts visitors for its activities suitable for every sort of traveller.
You can immerse yourself in the town's heritage tour as there are plenty of forts and palaces located in and around the city carrying significant historic importance. Or, visit the town's religious places like Meera Temple, Kumbh Shyam Temple, and many more to offer prayers and feel blissful. For foodies also, there is a wide range of authentic Rajasthani cuisine to try and endure all new and appealing flavours.
Chittorgarh, like other Rajasthan's cities, is full of colours and vibrancy. The shopping experience in this city is unique and enthralling with lots of handmade products, locally grown spices, etc. to fill your bags and take back home as lovely reminiscences. From witnessing the panoramic natural views to taking part in breath-taking adventures to exploring rich heritage, pinpointing on what to see in Chittorgarh is definitely up to your likings and preferences. But, each and every activity in Chittorgarh is amazing and would leave you with unforgettable memories.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Chittorgarh
People Also Ask About Chittorgarh Things To Do
What are the best things to do in Chittorgarh?
1. Bird watching at Bassi Wildlife Sanctuary: Perfect for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts, visiting Bassi lifetime sanctuary is one of the exciting things to do in Chittorgarh as it lets you witness wide species of animals and birds in their natural habitat.
Jeep safaris are arranged by forest officials and opting for a morning safari gives you the chance to spot numerous migratory and local birds found in the region. The place is surrounded by lush beauty and is thronged by wildlife photographers to capture some memorable clicks.
Location: Bassi, Chittorgarh - 312022, Rajasthan.
Time: 6:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Indian Nationals: INR 10
- Students: INR 2
- Foreign Nationals: INR 80
- Car Entry: INR 65
- Two Wheelers: INR 10
- Buses: INR 100.
2. Enjoy a luxurious stay at Bassi Fort: Looking for options to enjoy luxuries like a Royal, then book a stay at the grand Bassi Fort. This 16th century Fort is a heritage property and outlines the old charm, grandeur and architecture.
Equipped with modern comforts, rooms are elegant and stylish and offer a relaxing ambience. Staying at this fort must be on top of your bucket list of things to do in Chittorgarh to collect splendid memories.
Location: Bassi Fort, Bassi, Chittorgarh - 312022, Rajasthan.
3. Plan a sightseeing tour: With so many marvellous historical forts and structures located in and around Chittorgarh, you will have plenty of opportunities to decide on what to see in Chittorgarh.
Explore the heritage of the city by visiting famous landmarks like Padmini Palace, Chittorgarh Fort, Rattan Singh Palace, Rana Kumbha Palace, Kirti Stambh, Vijay Stambh, etc. and get a taste of Rajput royalty and opulence.
Timings: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM (approx.).
4. Indulge in thrilling activities: Chittorgarh lets you enjoy the trip to the city in mind-blowing activities like cave exploration, water sports, sound & light show at Chittorgarh Fort, trekking, hiking, etc. While light & sound show amuses all and is great to have fun with family, trekking and hiking like activities are for adventure lovers who love to test their adrenaline.
5. Visit temples and offer prayers: With plenty of grand and beautiful ancient temples present in the city, it is heaven for spirituality seekers and Hindu devotees to seek blessings.
The Meera Temple, Kalika Mata Temple, Samidheshwar Temple, Avari Mata Temple, and many Jain Temples are a few sacred holy places located in the city that draw tourists for their religious significance, marvellous architecture, and serene surroundings. Even if you are not a Hinduism follower, these places deserve a visit for being ancient and classic.
6. Go for shopping around the alleys: It is said that no trip is complete without buying a speciality of the area and Chittorgarh boasts of its share of exclusive pieces. Here, you will find small shops to big malls for souvenir shopping.
With exclusive items like miniature painting, marble figurines, lac and glass bangles, camel leather goods, silver and chunky jewellery, handicrafts, wooden articles, and many more, the range of local products is unlimited and impressive. Sadar Bazaar, Rana Sanga Market, and Fort road markets are a few of the best areas in Chittorgarh where you can go shopping and satisfy the shopaholic in you.
Timings: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (variable).
7. Savour the taste of Rajasthan cuisine: With a vast variety of authentic Rajasthan dishes, desserts and drinks on the offer, foodies find Chittorgarh absolutely delightful.
Daal Baati Churma, Kachoris, Samosa, Wadas, etc., are few of the delights that must not be missed while in the city while Ghewar, Kulfi Faluda, Jalebi are there to satiate your sweet cravings. As the dishes are prepared using locally grown fresh spices and ingredients, these burst out different flavours in your mouth and make your trip more tempting and pleasurable.
What are the adventure things to do in Chittorgarh?
1. Trekking: The trek to Bhimlat Mahadev temple at an altitude of 150 feet is one of the most adventurous things to do in Chittorgarh and is a must for thrill-seekers. Also, there is a natural waterfall that makes the place more deserving and mesmerising.
2. Go for Cycling: To explore the rustic landscapes of Chittorgarh, go paddling through the alleys of the city and explore its culture, art and life differently.
3. Jeep Safari to explore wildlife: Book a jeep safari to watch beautiful birds and wildlife from close in their natural habitat and capture the special moments to share with your friends and loved ones.
4. Camel/Horse Riding: Riding a trained horse or camel through the countryside is not only thrilling but lets you explore the city in a more interesting way.
What are the popular things to do in Chittorgarh with kids?
1. Watch Light & Sound Show: Wondering about what to see in Chittorgarh with kids? Head to Chittorgarh Fort and be part of a grand sound and light show. This show is held daily after 7:00 PM and is a unique way to learn about the city's history and culture.
2. Visit famous landmarks: With Chittorgarh Fort, Kirti and Vijay Stumbhs, Rani Padmini's Palace, Jain Temples, Meera Temple and many more attractions, you have plenty of choices to explore the city's heritage and religious significance with kids.
3. Explore wildlife: Go for a jeep safari to interiors of Bassi, Sita-Mata, or Bhainsrorgarh sanctuaries and enjoy a fun-filled excursion with your kids.
4. Picnic at Meenal Waterfall: Complete with stunning surroundings, the place proves to be a perfect location to enjoy leisure time with your family and kids.
5. Taste local delicacies: Kids love to try new flavours and foods, and tasting various delectables at any of the posh dining restaurants or street food joints would definitely make them happy and delighted.
Which are the famous historical places in Chittorgarh?
1. Chittorgarh Fort: Known for Rajput architecture style, this fort features several towers, temples, and beautiful sculptures. Vijay Stambh and Kirti Stambh are also located within the premises that get illuminated at night. These look amazing and tops the list of what to see in Chittorgarh.
2. Rani Padmini's Palace: Built on the bank of the lotus pool, it is the palace where Ala-Ud-Din Khilji saw Queen Padmavati's reflection in the pool and got fascinated with her beauty.
3. Ratan Singh Palace: Built in 1530AD, this palace holds historical significance for being the place for royal’s ceremonies and events.
4. Fateh Prakash Palace: Constructed by Maharana Fateh Singh, this place depicts Rajputana architecture style. It is a museum now housing a collection of weapons and traditional costumes.
5. Meera Temple: Chittorgarh is the birthplace of Meera Bai, a 16th-century Rajput princess, who abandoned the worldly luxuries and devoted her life to Lord Krishna. This temple was made to give due respect to her devotion.
What is famous in Chittorgarh?
Chittorgarh is famous for its forts, palaces, Jain temples, Meera Bai Temple, waterfalls, and serene landscapes. It is also known for Rani Padmini and Rani Karnavati who performed Jauhar to protect their dignity. It is also known for its colourful handicrafts, paintings, apparels and mouth-watering dishes.
What is the best time to visit Chittorgarh?
The ideal time to visit Chittorgarh is during winter months from October to March. These months see comfortable temperatures and idyllic climatic conditions for sightseeing, excursions, trekking, or to indulge in any outdoor activities.
Is Chittorgarh worth visiting?
Yes, Chittorgarh is absolutely worth visiting as it is a place complete with natural beauty, heritage, art, culture, shopping and food. The trip to this city is full of thrills and excitement with a plethora of things to do in Chittorgarh that can keep you happy and engaged for days to weeks.
How many days are required to visit Chittorgarh?
You need at least two nights and three days to explore the city's major landmarks, heritage, culture, taste local food, and do some souvenir shopping.
There are several grand forts, alluring temples, ancient palaces, and Minal Waterfall like attractions that it would be difficult to decide what to see in Chittorgarh in one day.
What are the best stays in Chittorgarh?
1. Castle Bijaipur: Enjoy a royal stay without breaking your bank at this resort, which offers luxuries, premium services and warm hospitality.
2. The Elegance Resort: Complete with classy interiors and plush comfort, this resort promises a blissful stay with its modern amenities, a multi-cuisine restaurant, bar, spa, pool, Wi-Fi and business centre.
3. Nahargarh Resort: Set on a private lake, this resort is the perfect place to enjoy a refreshing stay in lavish quarters packed with modern amenities, Wi-Fi, pool, restaurant, kids’ zone, and amazing views of the Aravalli Hills.
4. Menal Resort: Located near the Menal Waterfall, the resort features relaxing stay along with adventure activities like Jungle Safari, Trekking, etc.
5. Padmavati Lake Resort: If you are looking for unique things to do in Chittorgarh, then plan a stay in the Swiss tents of this resort, which will mark your vacation with pleasant memories of sojourn amid lush landscapes.
What are the best shopping places in Chittorgarh?
1. Fort Road Market: Proudly displaying its diversified items and products, this market is famous among tourists for its convenient location and reasonable prices.
2. Rana Sanga Market: Another destination to do souvenir shopping in Chittorgarh this market sells authentic Rajasthan artisan crafts and locally gown spices.
3. Sadar Bazaar: If still looking for options of what to see in Chittorgarh then tour Sadar Bazaar and be amused by the rich culture and vibrancy of the city through its collection of handmade fabrics, camel leather products, metal wares, jewellery, wooden toys and much more.
4. Gandhi Chowk: Known for its unique shopping items, this market is preferred over others for its street food, lovely ambience and diverse range of metal, wooden and leather products.