Franz Josef town is renowned to be one of the prettiest towns in the entire world. Take a glacier helicopter flight or visit the west coast wildlife centre to witness rare kiwis in their habitat. For an adventure that you will never forget, head over to the Fox and Franz Josef glaciers as they have almost everything – awe-inspiring places to stay, amazing hikes and so much more!
Amongst the most accessible glaciers in the world, Fox And Franz Josef Glaciers are the best New Zealand tourist places to have a memorable retreat amidst icy landscapes. These massive glaciers are 12 miles apart and lie in Westland Tai Poutini National Park.
The Fox and Franz Josef glaciers plummet from the Southern Alps and slide down to the river valley close to the sea level. These are a few of the fastest moving glaciers and create panoramic ice cliffs and fine crevasses.
Walk over to explore the terminal face or witness a bird's eye view of the glaciers with a helicopter ride, visit West Coast Wildlife Center, relax in a hot pool, or indulge in various ice adventures available there. Do spend some cherishable moments at these strikingly astonishing natural wonders to mark your trip to New Zealand with cherishable reminiscences.
• Hiking enthusiasts and adventure seekers shouldn’t miss out on Franz Josef glacier valley walk – touted to be one of the best hikes in the South Island.
• Take a scenic helicopter flight over the Southern Alps and witness the glaciers in all their pristine beauty.
• Be a part of a rather unique experience of walking on a glacier.
• Take this otherworldly tour for a very unique and insightful experience.
• Have a very relaxing experience at the glacier hot pools which are nestled amidst the lush green rainforests.