1. Visit Anse Lazio Beach: Located on the north-western of Praslin, Anse Lazio Beach is amongst the ‘Best Beaches in the World,’ and visiting this place is indeed one of the best things to do in Praslin Island Seychelles. Replete with white powdery sands, swaying palms & Takamaka trees, and turquoise blue sea, this beach offers idyllic settings to relax or enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Indulge in swimming, sunbathing, surfing, snorkeling, or diving and refuel your hungry souls at the cafes or restaurants located at both ends of the beach. Or relish a refreshing drink while soaking in the pristine views of the setting sun, things to do here are plenty and refreshing.
2. Vallee de Mai Nature Reserve Tour: Spread over hectares of greens, Vallee de Mai Nature Reserve is a paradise for wildlife lovers and photographers. Do include this place in your Seychelles itinerary to witness a wide range of fauna like the rarest black parrot in their natural habitat and see endangered Coco de Mer palm trees. This reserve is the only place known to have these endangered trees due to which it got listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Hike through well-marked nature trails to have memorable experiences of these amazing things to do in Praslin Island Seychelles.
8:00 am to 4:30 pm (Saturday to Thursday)
8:00 am to 1:00 pm (Friday)
3. Explore Curieuse Island: A protected bio-reserve, Curieuse Island is a splendidly wild and wonderful home to diverse flora and fauna. The main attraction for tourists is its friendly and curious inhabitants Aldabra giant tortoises.
Explore this beautiful paradise covered with white-sand beaches, Takamaka, casuarina trees, and naturally grown coco de mer palms and make a new friend Aldabra. Savor a BBQ prepared by the residing rangers and collect cherishable memories while experiencing one of the best things to do in Praslin Island Seychelles amidst majestic land and seascapes.
Timings:8:00 am to 5:00 pm, daily
4. Go to Praslin National Park: The second-largest terrestrial area in Seychelles, Praslin National Park offers diverse landscapes, flora, and fauna. It boasts to be amongst the most beautiful landmarks in the country for being the home to the World Heritage site of the Vallée de Mai.
Visit this national park to see numerous species of indigenous, native, and endemic plants, including the famous Coco de mer, or spot and picture beautiful wildlife such as the rarest Black Parrot (if lucky enough). Its ‘Glacis Noire’ is a spectacular walking trail that covers the entire region and offers breathtaking views.
Timings:8:00 am to 4:30 pm, daily
5. Stroll at Anse Consolation: Offering a fine stretch of sand, Anse Consolation comprises stunning seascape, unique rock formations, and shallow pools. The beach offers an unparalleled aesthetic that is ideal for relaxing or savoring views of the setting sun over the horizon or experiencing a romantic stroll in seclusion, all of which are amongst the lovely things to do in Praslin Island Seychelles.
The water here is too shallow to enjoy swimming or snorkeling but as it is protected by rocks and a coral reef, it is a safe bay to plan a family picnic. Moreover, the beautiful rock formations and corals furnish the area with an amazing look and touch, providing a breathtaking backdrop for pictures to share on Instagram or other social media handles.
6. Dine in at Café des Arts: After spending time at the beach, one looks for a good restaurant serving authentic and tasty dishes to satisfy the hunger pangs. The Café des Arts is amongst the best restaurants in Seychelles serving seafood and gastronomic dishes with refined service and a touch of class.
Experience laid-back dining or enjoy a romantic dinner with your partner amidst chic surroundings at the Café des Arts, which is certainly amongst the most delightful things to do in Praslin Island Seychelles.
Location:Cote D'Or Esplanade, Baie Ste Anne, Seychelles
Timings:noon to 2.30 pm and 6:00 pm. to 9.30 pm (Tuesday to Sunday)
Lunch mains start from SCR 80
Dinner mains start from SCR 130
7. Visit Fond Ferdinand Nature Reserve: One of the most picturesque locations in the Seychelles Islands, Fond Ferdinand Nature Reserve is home to hundreds of indigenous species of flora, including the famous Coco de Mer palm trees and birds, animals, including Aldabra Giant tortoise.
Walk along the winding path through the valley to explore the wildlife and hike up to the viewpoint to witness the 360-degree views of Praslin and surrounding islands and capture the unmatched scenery to share with your friends.
Location:Grand Anse, Seychelles
9:30 am to 43:00 pm (Monday to Friday)
9:30 am to 1:00 pm (Saturday and Sunday)
8. Hop to Grande Soeur Island: A private island in Seychelles close to La Digue and Petite Soeur Islands, Grande Soeur is one of the most famous tourist destinations in Praslin Islands, Seychelles. It is managed by the Le Château de Feuilles Hotel that ensures the best of facilities, tranquility, and privacy.
The beach is awe-strikingly stunning with azure and clean waters offering a perfect setting for swimming, snorkeling, diving, and many other water adventures. Visit this island to enjoy breathtaking diversity, harmony, and hair-raising thrills with your partner or family.
Location:Grand Anse, Seychelles
9. Walk around Cote d’Or Beach: Cote d’Or is one of the prettiest beaches with over two km of the stretch of soft white sand in the Seychelles archipelago. Giant granite boulders, tropical gardens, turquoise blue waters also enhance the charm and appeal of this white coastline.
Play volleyball or beach soccer with your friends or swim with your kids or witness the underwater world from up and close with snorkeling and scuba diving, or try your hand at stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, and canoeing. Choose from abundant interesting and thrilling things to do in Praslin Island Seychelles and accumulate everlasting reminiscences.
10. Go scuba diving: Test your adrenaline with a hair-raising scuba diving activity, which is undoubtedly one of the best adventure things to do in Praslin Island. With plenty of diving spots near the island, including Chimney Rock, Cayman Rocks, Shark Rock, Whale Rock, South Marianne, etc. you have plenty of options to choose from.
Octopus Dive School in Praslin is one of the top 10 dive schools in the world and caters to beginners to experienced divers. Do try scuba diving if you don't mind getting in the water and discover a magical world of marine creatures, regarded as some of the best in the world.
11. Go snorkeling to spot sea turtles: Known to have the best beaches for enjoying snorkeling, Praslin Island offers the best facilities and opportunities. Take a boat trip to Grande Sœur or Petite Sœur and explore the exceptional marine life with this one of the most memorable things to do in Praslin Island.
Go deep into the sea to witness the majestic world of underwater coral reefs and marine life and swim with a school of fishes such as stingrays, powder blue tangs, starfishes, moray eels, or hawksbill turtles (if lucky). Anse Boudin, Anse Petite Cour, Anse Lazio are a few of the best spots in Praslin to enjoy snorkelling.
12. Witness sunset at Anse Georgette: As Praslin Island is close to the equator, evenings here are always warm and offer breathtaking scenery of the setting sun that must not be missed while in the country. There are several locations offering the sunset panorama, however Anse Georgette is amongst the most beautiful spots for relishing and capturing the exceptional beauty of the sunset.
Plan a day trip to the beach and after some relaxing and refreshing moments by the beach, head to the Championship Golf Course at Constance Lémuria to see the amazing views of the sun going down. From the 15th hole to the 18th hole, several vantage points offer the best views of the changing hues of the sky and setting sun.
13. Relax at Anse Volbert: Anse Volbert aka Côte d'Or is the most lively and fascinating beach to enjoy a day full of relaxation, thrills, and excitement. Visiting this beach is amongst the most relaxing things to do in Praslin Seychelles as it offers a lovely ambiance, beautiful surroundings, food outlets, and various beach activities.
Its calm waters are safe for swimming with children, while white sand is good for a lazy stroll and sunbathing. The presence of numerous local shops, cafés, bars, restaurants, and hotels creates the absolute harmony between peaceful relaxation and bustling life.
14. Visit Praslin Museum: Located near the Cote D'Or beach, Praslin Museum has a great collection of local art and culture pieces, samples of rare native medicinal herbs and plants.
Enjoy a hands-on experience in coconut dehusking or breadfruits grilling that are exclusivities of Seychelles and amongst the interesting things to do in Praslin Island. Here you will also get the chance to see fruit bats and giant tortoises and buy a range of locally made items to take back as souvenirs.
9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily
Price:SCR 180 per person
15. Shop at Rita's Art Gallery and Studio: A great collection of paintings of bright Seychellois landscapes or still life make the visit to this art gallery worth it. Owned and run by a local artist Rita Morel, the place is a point of interest for all art lovers and offers opportunities to shop for something unique and fascinating.
Here, you will find great works of local artists and Rita Morel that you can buy as a souvenir at a reasonable price.
Location:Anse Volbert, Praslin Island, Seychelles
10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Monday to Saturday)
Price:SCR 180 per person