1. Topkapi Palace Museum- Also known as Topkapi Sarayi, this Ottoman and Baroque style architecture is one of the top Istanbul museums. It was once the seat of the Ottoman rulers for over 4,00 years. In the First Courtyard, find the Royal Armoury, which was earlier the Church of Hagia Eirene. Set out to explore the stunning Chinese and Japanese porcelain in the kitchen in the Second Courtyard. Don’t miss out on the Holy Relics Chamber, which exhibits various items related to Abrahamic figures like (Prophet) Muhammad, Abraham and John the Baptist.
Location - Cankurtaran, 34122 Fatih/?stanbul, Turkey
Timing - 10am to 4 pm everyday (closed on Tuesdays)
Price - around 200 Turkish Lira
2. Museum of Illusions, Istanbul- Visit the Museum of Illusions, one of the most craziest and fascinating Istanbul museums that'll confuse your senses like no other. At the Rotated Room, get a glimpse of how life would be like if everything got rotated by 90 degrees. Bewilder your senses in the Vortex Tunnel, where you’ll be illusions by the rotating cylinder, making you temporarily lose balance over your body. In the Ames Room, see your eyes widen in fascination as you see your friends grow into giants with the help of illusions.
Location -Emaar Square Mall, Unalan Mahallesi libadiye cad., NO B2/1/1, Istanbul Turkey
Timing -10:00 – 22:00 (Last Entrance: 21:15)
Price - Adult: 235 TL
Children: (5-18 years old): 185 TL
Children: (0-4 years old): FREE
3. Istanbul Archaeology Museum- The Istanbul Archaeology Museum is one of the most famous museums in Istanbul Turkey and admire numerous artefacts including the Love Poem tablet, Kadesh Peace Treaty tablets and the Bust of Alexander. It houses some of the greatest pieces of art and other structures found within the regions of the Ottoman Empire, ranging from different cultures and histories. Visit the Museum to come across the Sidamara Sarcophagus, one of the most stunning sarcophagus discovered till now with amazing depictions. Also explore the Sarcophagus of Alexander, which is thought to be built by his commander after the Issos War.
Location - Cankurtaran, 34122 Fatih/?stanbul, Turkey
Timing - 9am to 7pm
Price - 100 Turkish Liras
4. Museum of Turkish and Islamic Arts- Listed among the most famous msueums in Istanbul Turkey, the Museum of Turkish and Islamic Arts is a must visit. It was constructed after a need was felt to safely house all the artefacts associated with Islam, as they were being subjected to theft and damage in other places. At the museum, explore some of the best pieces of art masterpieces, glassworks and other artefacts. Visit the most important section of the museum - the rugs collections, where you’ll find some of the most beautiful and oriental carpets, especially those of the Seljuks time.
Location -Binbirdirek Mah.Atmeydani Sok. Ibrahim Pasa Sarayi No:46 34122 Istanbul/Turkey
Timing - 9 am to 7:30 pm (winter upto 6:30 pm only)
Price - approx 100 Turkish Liras
5. Istanbul Museum of Modern Art- The first museum themed on contemporary and modern art, the Istanbul Museum of Modern Art is one of the most famous museums in Istanbul Turkey. The collection majorly belongs to the Eczac?ba?? family, and include items like paintings and photograph collections. Admire the stunning and abstract photography collection, which houses some of the beast clocks by famous photographers. THe Museum also conducts a number of events all round, like the ‘In Pursuit of the Present’, ‘Selma Gurbuz’.
Location -K?l?çali Pa?a, Tophane ?skele Cd. No:1/1, 34433 Beyo?lu/?stanbul, Turkey
Timing - 10 am to 6pm (on sunday open from 11am)
Price - General ticket - 72 Lira
Students and Senior Citizens - 5 Lira
6. Pera Museum- The Pera Museum is one of the best private Istanbul museums, blending historical relics, artefacts, mediaeval art and even modern art. It regularly hosts a number of temporary exhibits that are a grand hit among its patrons and visitors. Visit one of the best museum in Istanbul to explore the Oriental Art collections, where you’ll find the works of some of the greatest orientalists who were influenced by Ottoman culture. Moreover, you can also explore the Kutya section, which houses the famous tiles and ceramic works from Kutahya region.
Location -Asmal? Mescit, Me?rutiyet Cd. No:65, 34430 Beyo?lu/?stanbul, Turkey
Timing - 10 am to 7pm (general timings)
Price - General - 50 Liras
Children, students and senior citizen - 25 Liras
7. Istanbul Mosaic Museum- Plan your visit to one of the best museum in Istanbul, the Istanbul Mosaic Museum which is home to the stunning mosaics which were unearthed during excavations at the Roman Grand Palace. The scenes depicted by these mosaics are also significant for consideration. These scenes depict daily life as it used to happen in the 1st century. There are more than 150 animal and human depictions, the most famous being the lizard eating the griffon and the fighting elephant and lion.
Location -Kabasakal Cad. Arasta Çar??s? (Bazaar) No. 53, 34122 Fatih/Istanbul
Timings - 9 am to 7pm (general timings)
Prices - 60 Liras
8. The Museum of Innocence, Istanbul- The Museum of Innocence is present in a 19th century house and is among the most visited Istanbul museums. The museum is themed on Orhan Pamuk’s book, The Museum of Innocence and houses scores of artefacts, carpets, designs and other objects that are related to what was described in this novel. The Novel, set between the 1970s and 2000s, shows the life of two wealthy families and it was written alongside the construction of the museum.
Location - Firuza?a, Çukurcuma Caddesi, Dalg?ç Çk. No:2, 34425 Beyo?lu/?stanbul, Turkey
Timings - 10 am to 6pm
Prices - 65 liras for adults
40 liras for children
9. Istanbul Toy Museum- Get your tickets to one of the first Istanbul museums which is based on the theme of toys. Founded by the Turkish poet Sunay Akin in 2005, this toy museum currently houses more than 4,000 original toy pieces and miniatures. Right on the first floor, you will find the Eyup Toy Shop, an old toy shop which shut down in the mid-20th century. Moreover, a number of antique pieces and decorations can also be found here. The museum also provides an amazing educational experience in a fun way - like the first moon landing or the industrial revolution, making it one of the most famous museums in Istanbul Turkey.
Location -Göztepe, Dr. Zeki Zeren Sk No:17, 34730 Kad?köy/?stanbul, Turkey
Timings - 10 am to 6pm
Prices - 75 Liras
10. Naval Museum- The Naval Museum is one of the most interesting and best museum in Istanbul, established by the then Navy Minster Bozcadaali Hasan and is dedicated to the navy. Housing tens and thousands of naval artefacts related to the Ottoman Navy, this museum is a big hit among military-enthusiasts. Come across an amazing number of artefacts like ship models, naval maps, naval cannons and other weapons. You can also come across a number of statues of influential naval commanders like Captain Huseyin Rauf, Captain Pasha and a painting of Turgut Raes.
Location -Sinanpa?a, Be?ikta? Cd. No:6 D:1, 34353 Be?ikta?/?stanbul, Turkey
Timings - 9am to 5 pm (Saturday and Sunday - 10 am to 6pm)
Prices - 13 Lira
11. Madame Tussauds Istanbul- With a worldwide presence and popularity, the Madame Tussauds Museum has now entered Turkey to become one of the best museum in Istanbul. With a visit to this wax museum, get a chance to meet your favourite personalities like Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova and Arda Turan in the sport section. In the actors section, click multiple photos with your favorite actors like Marilyn Monre and Spider Man. Moreover, meet and greet famous singers like Michale jackson, Lady Gaga and Murat Boz in the Music Section.
Location -Hüseyina?a, Grand Pera, ?stiklal Cd. no: 56 D:58, 34440 Beyo?lu/?stanbul, Turkey
Timings - 11am to 8pm
Prices - 293 Liras
12. Pelit Chocolate Museum- Located adjacent to the Pelit Chocolate Factory, the Pelit Museum is the first-of-its-kind Istanbul museum dedicated to chocolate. A tour to the chocolate museum involves learning in an interactive way, the history and techniques of chocolate making. Explore the adorable chocolate replicas of famous Turkish attractions like the Hagia Sophia, Leander’s Tower and the Blue Mosque. You’ll also find the chocolate carvings of other attractions like the Statue of Liberty, Galata Tower and Noah's Ark.
Location -Koza Mahallesi 1678 Sk. No:19 Sanayi Mahallesi Evren Sanayi Sitesi Akbat? A.V.M. Arkas?, 34538 Esenyurt/?stanbul, Turkey
Timings - 10am to 5pm
Prices - 75 Liras for adults
60 Liras for kids