Popular Dibrugarh Packages
Dibrugarh Tour Packages
|2 Days / 1 Night||₹ 12999|
Nestled in the eastern part of Assam, Dibrugarh is an emerging centre in the Northeast to receive urban development aid and rising as a communication and Industrial hub just like Guwahati and Bhubaneswar cities in that region. Dibrugarh is situated almost 440 KM east of Guwahati and is fondly called as “Tea city of India.” It sees a number of tourists and travellers throughout the year, from India as well as abroad and has been a popular travel destination to unwind and relax in the Northeastern part of India. Dibrugarh derives its name from the word "Dibrumukha", the name of the river 'Dibru' with the word 'much' meaning mouth.
There are many Dibrugarh tour packages catering to business or leisure experiences. This city is also loaded with nature, wildlife and culture and is the second major city of Assam after Guwahati. Dibrugarh district is divided from east-to-west by Buridihing, a tributary of Brahmaputra. The three tea-producing districts of Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, and Sivasagar which account for approximately 50% of India's Assam tea crop can be accessed by this beautiful getaway. The course of Buridihing divides Dibrugarh and Sivasagar districts and is a main water body of the district. Oil and timber are the other two big industries in and around Dibrugarh and these are two booming business of the city besides Tea.
The best of the Dibrugarh tour packages include a tour of several tea estates, a close encounter with the wildlife of the region and adventure sports like river rafting, camping and cliff jumping. Dibru Saikhowa National Park is enveloped by Brahmaputra and Lohit rivers, providing a chance to spot Bengal tiger, Indian Leopard, Sloth Bear and a plethora of flora and fauna.
Another famous pilgrimage site is the Jagannath Temple that also sees a lot of visitors as it is the exact copy of the actual Jagannath Temple in Puri. Including everything in Dibrugarh tours package, be it nature, industries based on natural resources and plantation; you get to take a pause in the serenity of the Tea gardens, stretched as far as you can see and also get to shop and enjoy the city life.
People Also Ask About Dibrugarh Tours
What are the best camping tours in Dibrugarh?
The northeastern part of India is rich in nature, a vast range of flora and fauna, multiple tributaries of Brahmaputra River arriving from Tibet and the Himalayan shield of mountains. Dibrugarh tour packages include the best camping tours as well some of which are listed below.
- Namdapha Wildlife Trek
- Dibru Saikhowa National Park Eco Camps (like Kohua Eco-Camps, Dibru Saikhowa Eco Camps)
- Camp at Pangu, Cherring, Yinkeong, Geku and Ditte Dime on a rafting expedition that starts from Luting.
- Tinsukia Brahmaputra Eco Camps (like Banashree Eco Camps)
What are the best tea estates tours in Dibrugarh?
The miles-long tea gardens in Dibrugarh prove right to its sobriquet as the “tea city of India” and is a land of the best tea estates in India which contributes almost 50 % of the tea production of the country. Some of the best Tea estate tours in Dibrugarh are:
- Chabua Tea Estate
- Jalananagar Tea Estate
- Achabam Tea Estate
- Nahartoli Tea Estate
- Naharkatiya Tea Estate
- Khanikar Tea Garden
- Namroop Tea Estate
- Lekai Chetia Maidam
- Jalan South Tea Estate
- Sessa Tea Garden
- Jokai Botanical garden
What are the best wildlife tours in Dibrugarh?
Embark on a journey that takes you through the jungles and grasslands of the Northeast India. The best wildlife tours in Dibrugarh can be best explored in and around the wildlife park and reserves of the region, some of which are mentioned below:
- Gibbon wildlife sanctuary
- Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuaries
- Angling Camp Nameri: National Park, Angling
- Kaziranga National Park is known for one horned Rhinoceros, and Elephant safari.
- Boeling River in Angling
- Dibru Saikhowa National Park
- Namdapha National Park (Arunachal Pradesh)
- Jeypore Rainforest
What are the best sightseeing tours in Dibrugarh?
Dibrugarh may not be as large a town as Guwahati in Assam but it surrounds treasures in terms of mystical sights which are best explored on sightseeing tours in Dibrugarh.
- Jagannath Temple (sacred and pilgrimage site)
- Lekai Chetia Maidam (Tea plantation and an hommage ground)
- Raidongia Dol ( monument and Statues)
- Dehing Satra (sacred and pilgrimage site)
- Shrikshetra Dham (Pilgrimage site)
- Sarumechlow and Bormechow Maidam (Monuments and statues)
- Jokai Botanical Garden cum Germplasm Center
- Koli Aai Thaan (sacred and pilgrimage site)
- Buddhist Monastery at Namphake Village
- Naharkatia town (Tea plantation)
Which are the best areas for river rafting in Dibrugarh?
The mighty Brahmaputra river ferociously unravels many charms for watersports enthusiasts. While you raft through some of the remotest areas of India and the world, let the extravagant tides and the giant waves thrill your mind, body and soul. The best rafting routes are as follows:
- Tuting - Pango
- Pango - Cherring
- Cherring - Alubadi
- Alubadi - Geku
- Geku - Rotung
- Rotung - Pasighat
Which are the top shopping tours in Dibrugarh?
Besides tea, Dibrugarh is also famous for its traditional silk garments, like mekhela chaddar (made of muga or paat silk sarees). There are innumerous indigenous shops present within the city in the markets where shopping tours in Dibrugarh are made extraordinary.
- New market
- Naliapool bazar
- Chowkidinghee bazar
- Kalpataru bazaar
- Mamta and Amolapatty markets
- Bhutiya marketplace: It offers a wide range of trendy items like shoes, clothes and bags.
What are the top food tours in Dibrugarh?
The food of Dibrugarh is mostly the Assamese thali which comprises of Masoor tenga, bhaat dali, tarkari, khar, aloo pitika and mangkho.
- Masoor Tenga: It is made frequently in every household of Dibrugarh and It is a sopur fish dish.
- Pitika is mainly made of mashed potatoes garnished with chilies and onions.
- Potiabhaat: A dish of rice where the rice is soaked overnight and eaten with mustard oil, onions and chillies.
The restaurants which can be included in your food tour in Dibrugarh to taste the best of Assamese food are:
Asha hotel, Flavors, Garden Treat hotel, Ginger hotel and H20 restaurants etc. You can ask for recommendations from locals, or if you have opted any Dibrugarh tour packages, the guide shall take you to the best of the food corners in Dibrugarh.