1. Pick strawberries at a local farm: Strawberries are a popular produce in Cameron Highlands and if you are looking for things to do, you cannot miss the experience of picking (and even eating) these fresh strawberries.
The climate is perfect for the growth of these delicious berries, and you can learn all about the process of growth and cultivation from the locals while enjoying a bowl of fresh strawberry ice cream!
Location: 129 59, Jalan Tapah, Brinchang, 39000 Brinchang, Pahang, Malaysia.
Timings: Monday to Sunday (8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.).
2. Hike in the Mossy Forest: Cameron Highlands is the perfect place to hike, trek and explore on foot. If you are looking for a truly eye-opening experience, then trekking or hiking through the famous Mossy Forest is an exciting adventure that you cannot miss. It is home to unique ferns, plants, mosses and trees that make this place a tropical paradise for nature-lovers. Because of its popularity, it also has well-constructed hiking trails within the forest for ease of use.
Location: Sungai, Palas Estate Road, 39000 Brinchang, Pahang, Malaysia.
Entry Fee: RM 30 (INR 530) for adults and RM 15 (INR 265 for children).
3. Tea tasting in Cameron highlands: Cameron Highlands is home to some of the world’s most sought-after tea estates. You can explore these tea estates, and sampling some of the freshly brewed tea that has a unique local flavour is definitely a memorable aspect of Cameron Highlands Tourism that you can experience with your loved ones.
Some of the famous tea estates in the area include the Boh Tea Estate in Pahang, Bharat Tea Plantation, Cameron Valley Tea House, and much more.
Location: Jalan Besar, Cameron Highlands, Pahang, 39000 Tanah Rata, Malaysia.
Entry fee: RM 5 (INR 88).
Timings: Monday to Sunday (8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.).
4. Go hiking: If you are an adventure enthusiast and you like exploring nature in all its glory, then Cameron Highlands is the ideal place for you to go hiking in. It is a conglomeration of deep valleys and gentle hills that are filled with jungles, forests and parks that are perfect for a quick hike or a long trek.
Places like Gunung Brinchang which is the highest peak in the area and Gunung Berembun are ideal for treks as they offer stunning views of the natural surroundings. These places are also easily accessible which makes them perfect for a beginner as well as experts.
Location: Cameron Highlands.
5. Explore the honeybee farms: Cameron Highlands also has an extensive honeybee population that is carefully cultivated in order to yield the famous local honey that is found here. The good news is, you can walk into one of these farms and learn all about beekeeping, harvesting honey and the purification process.
Some of the famous honeybee farms are Highlands Apiary Farm, Cameron Tringkap Bee Farm and Ee Feng Gu Bee Farm. You can also collect a jar of fresh honey from these farms for yourself as a souvenir.
Location: Lot F121, Jalan Besar Bee Farm, Tringkap, 39010, Pahang, Malaysia.
Timings: Monday to Friday (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.), Saturday to Sunday (9:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.).
6. Go shopping: Shopping is an exciting activity to indulge in when you are in the Cameron Highlands and here you can usually find two types of markets. One is the morning market where you can buy fresh local produce such as fruits, vegetables, honey, strawberries, etc.
The night market is more exciting for those shopping for souvenirs, as you can find almost everything under a single roof including local handicraft items, clothes, accessories, jewellery, shoes, art material, crafts, spices and much more.
Location: Kea Farm town and Brinchang town.
7. Visit the temples of Cameron Highlands: Cameron Highland City is home to a number of stunning Oriental-style temples that are dedicated to Buddha and several Hindu gods. Some of the temples that you absolutely must visit on your tour include the Sam Poh Temple, Sri Subramaniar Alayam, Sungai Palas Hindu Temple and Sri Thendayuthapani Swami Temple. These temples are intricately built and decorated in detail.
Location: Jalan Pecah Batu, Brinchang, 39000 Brinchang, Pahang, Malaysia.
Timings: Monday to Sunday (9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.).
8. Explore the unique Cactus Valley: For one-of-a-kind experiences in Cameron Highlands, you should definitely pay a visit to the Cactus Valley. It is literally a valley that is filled with various kinds of succulents. Some come with flowers, some come without.
You can even check out a range of cactuses that are harvested in pots that you can carry home with you. Apart from cactus, you can also walk through the many flowering trees and plants that yield fresh fruits and vegetables in the Cactus Valley.
Location: Pekan lama, 39100, Brinchang, Pahang, Malaysia.
Entry Fee: RM 4 (INR 70) for adults and RM 2 (INR 35) for children.
Timings: Monday to Sunday (8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.).