Explore the best things to do in Bhimtal when you are planning to enhance your itinerary with some of the most promising experiences. Enjoy stargazing at the Starscapes Observatory or learn about the moon, planets and galaxies at the Space and Astronomy Museum. The scenic locales of Bhimtal call out to all the nature lovers to spend a day picnicking beside the lake with their loved ones.
The popular activities to do in Bhimtal let you explore the most refreshing experiences if you are an adventure seeker as there are activities like camping, trekking, fishing etc. Tourists also go paragliding in Naukuchiatal to see the bird’s eye view of the mountains and hiking at Bhimtal Lake Forest to admire the glory of nature. A sightseeing tour can also be enjoyed in Bhimtal where you get to explore places like Bhimtal Lake, Hanuman Garhi, Bhimeshwar Mahadev Mandir etc.
People Also Ask About Bhimtal Things To Do
Which are the best things to do in Bhimtal?
1. Boating at Bhimtal Lake : Experience the beauty of nature by boating in Bhimtal when you want to set the refresh button on your body and soul. One of the most tranquil activities to do in Bhimtal, boating here lets you witness the breathtaking beauty of Bhimtal lake which is blessed with the glory of nature. You can either opt for pedal boating or shikara boats with a rower. Watch the ripples of water as you brace forward in the clear blue waters of Bhimtal and make memories to remember for a lifetime. The timings for boating in Bhimtal lake is from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and the cost starts from INR 150 per person.
2. Camping : A haven for camping lovers, Bhimtal is an excellent place for backpackers to retreat in the lap of nature and just forget the blaring noises of cities. Watch the birds, drink water straight from the fresh gurgling rivers and take endless strolls amidst the green jungles when you are camping in Bhimtal. Set up your tent, start a bonfire and gaze at the scintillating night sky during your camping experience. One of the most sought-after things to do in Bhimtal for those who are seeking solitude, camping is an experience which can be combined with many other organised activities like zip lining, rappelling, river rafting, boating, swimming, fishing, trekking etc. Camping in Bhimtal is also an ideal sport for nature lovers and photography enthusiasts vacationing in Bhimtal.
3. Stargazing at Starscapes Observatory : Peek into the 8-inch computerised GoTo telescope at this private observatory to have a memorable guided tour of the night sky. One of the most unique things to do in Bhimtal, this activity is a great way to learn more about the moon, planets, galaxies and other objects in the universe. Shutterbugs will love the experience here as you also get to learn the night sky to do astrophotography. Visiting the Starscapes Observatory is an ideal place to indulge in stargazing, learn to make rockets and cameras and look at the sun without hurting your eyes. The experience is also enhanced by visiting the Space and Astronomy Museum which is located inside the observatory.
4. Hiking around Bhimtal Lake Forest : If you love to explore nature by listening to its myriad sounds, and get lost in the woods to forget the cacophony of city life, then hiking in the Bhimtal Lake Forest is one of the ideal things to do in Bhimtal. A perfect getaway for all outdoor enthusiasts, this adventurous activity is a great way to catch sight of many migratory birds and capture them in your cameras. Hiking around the forest will not only help you burn some calories but also let you witness the mesmerising beauty of nature amidst the trees and mountains.
5. Paragliding at Naukuchiatal : Soar high in the sky and behold a bird’s eye view of the mountains when you are paragliding in Naukuchiatal. One of the best things to do in Bhimtal for all adventure lovers, paragliding is an experience which will get you adrenaline rushing and give you memories for a lifetime. You get to fly like a bird and forget all your inhibitions as you float with the winds in the blue skies and witness the scenery that comprises lush green valleys and breathtaking mountains. Naukuchiatal is located just 4 kms away from Bhimtal and offers you this spectacular experience to have a memorable vacation.
6. Enjoy Lakeside Picnic : Sit by the lake in Bhimtal and let nature enthral you with its scenic landscapes and the peaceful vibes. Often a popular spot to enjoy a meal with your friends and family, the lake in Bhimtal is famed among all picnickers to cherish a day out in the sun. One of the ideal things to do in Bhimtal on a warm sunny day is to enjoy a picnic in the backdrop of mountains, lay down in the grass and eat a hearty meal prepared with love. The activity is also a great way to help you relax and rejuvenate during your vacation after you are tired from all the sightseeing and tiresome hiking in the mountains.
7. Go on Sightseeing tour Bhimtal : Enjoy the scenic locales of Bhimtal and soak in the serenity that surrounds this town on a sightseeing tour. One of the best activities to do in Bhimtal for all travellers, this experience is a great way to see all the top attractions like Bhimtal Lake, Bhimeshwar Mahadev Temple, Hanuman Garhi etc. The sightseeing tour also allows you to indulge in other activities which incite your interest and enjoy a wholesome experience in Bhimtal for an entire day. The tour guide tells you about all the famous places and you can choose the vehicle which picks you up and drops you along with helping you to roam around in Bhimtal.
Which is better: Bhimtal or Nainital?
It is entirely a subjective choice when you have to choose between Bhimtal and Nainital. While Bhimtal is an ideal getaway to take a break from the crowds and enjoy a relaxed vacation in the lap of nature at a relaxed place, Nainital is an ideal place if you love to stay in the city, visit cafes and popular restaurants, do shopping and be conveniently placed to visit other places near Nainital.
Which are the best places to eat in Bhimtal?
1. Neelesh Inn: offers vegetarian meals made with Indian recipes.
2. Embassy: offers vegetarian and vegan both options among Asian cuisines.
3. Machan Restaurant: offers Asian, Chinese, and international cuisines with vegetarian and vegan options.
4. Sakley's Restaurant & Pastry Shop: A cosy cafe offering vegetarian and vegan options in Asian cuisine.
5. Sher-e-Punjab: offers North Indian cuisine with vegetarian and vegan options.
6. Nanak Restaurant: offers Asian cuisine with vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options.
7. Southern Delight: offer southernern delights with vegetarian options.
8. Chandni Chowk: famous for its desserts and breakfast items, this place offers vegetarian and vegan options.
9. Italiano: offers Italian cuisine with vegetarian options available.
10. Giannis Pure Veg: offers full Asian meals with vegetarian and vegan options.
What is the best time to visit Bhimtal?
The best time to visit Bhimtal is either from the month of March to June or from September to October. These months have the perfect weather to help you enjoy all the adventures outdoors and enjoy the cool breezes and pleasant sun while being in the lap of nature.
How many days are enough for a Bhimtal trip?
2 days and 1 night is ideal for a Bhimtal trip to visit all the prominent places and enjoy your favorite activities in a fun-filled manner with your loved ones.