About Laxmanpur BeachLocated 39 km from Port Blair and two km from Neil Jetty, Laxmanpur beach is emerging as one of the most popular places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The white sandy beach is perfect for hanging out by yourself, enjoying the beauty of natural vistas around, and soaking in the Sun. Simply put up a hammock, take a book with you and experience serenity as the days roll by. The perfectly calm sea appears to have a similar effect on the senses. You will feel your mind relaxing, and your sensors rejuvenating as you witness the spectacular panoramas around you.
The vast stretch of the beach presents as a perfect against the clear blue sea waters. There are shallow waters near the shore where you can and go swimming with your kids if you are travelling with family. Or indulge in building sandcastles with your young ones, find corals and seashells on the seafront, and collect them as souvenirs of this wonderful visit.
Click here to book best Andaman tour package that you can book for an amazing holiday.
For adventure enthusiasts, this place is also a good snorkelling option when the current is high. There is a colourful sea life underneath the surface, with corals and vibrant sea animals waiting to greet you. Get caught in a whirlpool of fish, acquaint yourself with a sea turtle, and swim with the sea anemones. You can also go scuba diving, swimming, and boating.
Do make sure you get back to your resort as soon as it starts getting dark because the beaches are not safe at that time.
How to reach Laxmanpur Beach- From Port Blair
Government and private ferries offer the most economic and easiest way to go from Port Blair to Laxmanpur beach. The beach is located on Neil Island. It takes about 2 hours to get from Port Blair to the island, and two boats leave every day from Phoenix Bay Jetty to make a round trip to this place. A ferry from Havelock also stops at Port Blair on its way to Neil.
There are also private companies that operate ferries from Port Blair to Neil. Two of these are Mackruzz and Ocean Green. Once you reach the island, you can hire a bike or book a taxi to reach the beach.
- From Havelock Island
Havelock and Neil are separated from each other by water, so you can't take road transport to get from one place to another. Ferry services are available if you are willing to travel by sea. They are fast, convenient, economic, and comfortable.
There are two types of ferry services available from Havelock Island to Neil. Government-operated ferries cannot be booked online, so you have to buy the tickets on the counter two days before your travel. You can book the tickets for the private ferries online. MAK Logistics, or Makruzz, and Green Ocean Seaways are the private ferry services available here.
Best time to visit Laxmanpur BeachLaxmanpur beach has pleasant weather throughout the year because of its proximity to the sea. However, October to May are considered peak tourist months.From October to February, the places see temperatures that are neither too high nor too cold. The average temperature range at this time is 30 degrees Celsius to 14 degrees Celsius. As a result, it is the perfect time to explore the beaches of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and enjoy water sports in Andaman. The 10 day Island Tourism Festival is also celebrated during these months, so it is the perfect time to go here.
From March to May, summer overtakes Neil Islands. Although the weather is not too hot, the humidity can reach quite high, sometimes up to 80%. As a result, it may not be favourable to venture out during the day.
June to September sees the weather turn vicious, as monsoon takes over and the sea gets flooded with water. The waves get sky high and flights often get cancelled. It is not recommended to go here at this time.
Check our guide on best time to visit Andaman and Nicobar Islands for beautiful trip.
1. Places to visit near Laxmanpur BeachBharatpur Beach - popular for water sports and its stunning natural beauty, this place is not to be missed if you are on the Neil Islands. Encircled by groves of coconut trees and colourful wildflowers, it offers a perfect place to relax and rejuvenate.
Sitapur Beach - with its coconut and pine trees, the beach is popular for its surreal and serene quality where you can enjoy quiet moments with yourself.
Natural Bridge - this natural formation of rocks in the form of a bridge is a popular tourist destination for its pristine quality and breathtaking beauty.
2. Things/ Activities to do in Laxmanpur Beach
Watching the sunset - the serene shore is famous for its colourful sunsets. Just head out to the beach, and spend a few hours enjoying the natural beauty, witnessing the sun splash a thousand different hues in the sky.
Snorkeling - if there is high tide, there is nothing better to do then explore the underwater life. Explore snorkeling in Andaman with some vibrantly coloured fish welcome you as you swim through the shallow sea. You may also get to encounters sea anemones and funny looking clownfish.
Scuba Diving - it is another popular activity here. But do make sure you consult an experienced professional before heading out into the sea for scuba diving in Andaman.
Planning a trip to Andaman? Check out these must-do activities in Andaman make your trip memorable.
3. Places to eat in and near Laxmanpur BeachThe main market - there are several eateries around the beach where you can snack on delicious and mouth-watering delicacies without burning a hole in your pocket.
Green heaven restaurant - if you are willing to spend more money, check out this beautiful restaurant with gorgeous decor, friendly staff, and finger licking good grilled fish.
Sea Shell Resort - located close to Laxmanpur beach, this restaurant offers Indian and Continental cuisine, along with seafood that will make you want to come back over and over.
Tango Beach Resort - Newly opened restaurant near the beach, which is famous for Indian dishes and seafood.
Also, check out best Andaman honeymoon packages for memorable experience.
4. Places to stay near Laxmanpur BeachCocon-Huts resorts - for a budget traveller or backpacker, this is the perfect place to stay a night. The huts are cheap, the bathrooms are clean and there are open areas to interact with other guests.
Tango beach resort - if you are willing to spend some more money, this beachfront resort is the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate. The ambience is laid back, and the staff is extremely friendly.
Silver Sand Beach Resort - another 5-star resort that pampers and offers you a luxurious stay. With the bar, swimming pool, and spa at your disposal, your holiday will be relaxing and reinvigorating.
Click here for some amazing resorts in Andaman that will make your stay wonderful during your trip.
5. Medical Facilities in Laxmanpur BeachMedical facilities at Neil Island are not very advanced. This is because the place is extremely remote and hard to reach. Although there is a hospital here with some doctors and basic medical staff, the nearest advanced special care hospital is in Port Blair.
6. Timing to visit Laxmanpur BeachLaxmanpur beach is open every day from dusk till dawn. Although it is a public beach and there is no entry ticket, the beach closes once it starts getting dark. This is probably because of the acute infestation of sandflies and high tides seen at night.
7. Mobile Connectivity in Laxmanpur BeachMobile facilities at most of the Islands in the Andaman and Nicobar group, including Neil Islands, are poor. This is because of the remoteness of the Islands, as well as lack of mobile towers. BSNL and Airtel services are sometimes available, but no other network works here.
8. Travellers' Tip before visiting Laxmanpur BeachSandflies - Due to the infestation of ravenous sandflies, it is not recommended to go to the beach without a hammock. If you want to hang out here, do not do so at the ground.
High tide at night - only expert swimmers should go out into the sea in low light, because of the high probability of the current taking an unpredictable turn.
Click here to check out the best cruise packages in Andaman for your next trip.