1. Yosemite National Park: One of the best places to visit during your California Tour Packages is the stunning Yosemite National Park. Situated in the majestic mountains of Sierra Nevada, this world-famous park is known for its unique black and white landscapes. Sprawling across 1,200 square miles, the park is home to verdant valleys, tranquil wilderness and wildflower meadows, in addition to pristine waterfalls, thereby exuding tranquillity and serenity. You can also catch glimpses of various species of plants and animals here, along with granite monoliths and sequoia forests.
Location: Tioga Rd Hwy 120 & Hwy 140 Yosemite National Park, CA 95389
Entry fee: USD 15 onwards
2. Lake Tahoe: Situated in the city of Nevada, Lake Tahoe is a famous alpine lake and a popular spot for enjoying picnics, relaxation and other activities. Home to beautiful ski resorts, Lake Tahoe also boasts of many nature and hiking trails and serene beaches, among other things. Some of the most popular attractions around lake Tahoe include the Sand Harbour Beach, the Spooner Lake and the Tahoe Rim Trail. In addition to boating in the lake, you can also spend some time exploring the historical towns, restaurants and pubs and other things around the lake.
Location: California-Nevada Border, North Sierra Nevada
Entry Fee: USD 10 onwards
3. Joshua Tree National Park: Your California Tour is incomplete without a visit to the Joshua Tree National Park in the southern region of the country. Tucked in amidst two deserts, this national park is home to a wide variety of plant and animal species. The park is known for its surreal terrains and vast wilderness that is sure to amaze you. The park gets its name from the huge Joshua Trees that have huge leaves and zig-zag branches, in addition to having somewhat of a biblical significance. The park is a great place to enjoy hiking, camping, bird watching and rock climbing, among other activities.
Location: 6554 Park Boulevard, Joshua Tree, CA 92252
Entry Fee: USD 12 onwards
4. Death Valley National Park: Situated across the California-Nevada border, towards the east of Sierra Nevada, the Death Valley National Park is known as the hottest and driest place in all of North America, in addition to having the lowest elevation in the entire continent. Regardless, the park is also home to lush biodiversity. It is here where you can find towering snow-capped mountains, and vast meadows of wildflowers during the rare cases of rainfalls. The oasis in the park are home to numerous tiny fish species and wildlife animals.
Location: Death Valley, CA 92328
Entry Fee: USD 25 onwards
5. Palm Springs: The next stop in your California Packages should definitely be Palm Springs. Known for its swaying palm trees and surrounded by the San Jacinto Mountains, this place is like an oasis in the middle of a desert. A great place to visit in California, Palm Springs is also a popular vacation spot for celebrities all around the world, and is famous for its beautiful landscapes, sceneries and relatively warm weather. From golf courses, gourmet restaurants and luxurious resorts, to hiking trails, museums and shopping destinations, Palm Spring has it all.
Location: Riverside County, California
6. Carmel by the sea: This place used to be an erstwhile artists’ colony and is situated to the south of Monterey Bay along the Pacific Coast Highway, and should be a part of your California Tour Packages. Tucked amidst majestic cliffs and stunning hills, this town remains popular among those looking for relaxation and inspiration, including poets, artists and writers. Boasting of spectacular natural vistas and landscapes, the town exudes a quaint ambience and has many cosy cottages, old houses, art galleries and more. You can also spend time exploring the cafes, boutique shops, restaurants and inns that dot the town.
Location: Monterey, California
7. Big Sur: Located between the Carmel Highlands and San Simeon, Big Sur is a 90-mile stretch of mountainous coastline that you must definitely visit during your California Tour Packages. One of the best places for a west coast road trip, Big Sur is also known for its daunting hairpin bends overlooking the roaring waves of the ocean. The entire stretch of road is characterised by rugged ocean cliffs, forests of redwood trees and nature trails. You can also visit the famous Hearst Castle towards the southernmost point of Big Sur.
Location: Monterey, California 93920
8. Sequoia National Park: Located in the southern Sierra Nevada Mountains, the Sequoia National Park is known all around the world for its enormous sequoia trees that grow to be more than 90 metres tall with trunks that are almost 30 metres wide. Established in the year 1890, this national park is also the abode of Mount Whitney, which is said to be the highest point in the United States of America. You can also spot many different wildlife species in the park, from bobcats and Gray foxes, to the mule deer and bears. And if you are lucky enough, you can also spot mountain lions or the bighorn sheep here.
Location: 47050 Generals Highway, Three Rivers, CA 93271
Timings: 09:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: USD 20 onwards
9. Anaheim-Disneyland: Situated in the Los Angeles metropolitan area, Anaheim-Disneyland is one of the most famous attractions and places to visit in your California Tour Packages. Popular amongst kids as well as adults, Disneyland attracts millions of visitors every year and is home to exciting and exhilarating rides with themes revolving around fairy tales and Disney characters. There are numerous entertainment opportunities here for you to enjoy as well. In addition to enjoying the rides, you can also indulge in shopping, tucking in on delicious snacks and food, or even spending a night or two at the hotels here.
Location: 1313 Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802
Timings: 12:00 p.m. to 08:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: USD 104 onwards
10. Santa Barbara: One of the best seaside cities to visit in southern California is Santa Barbara. Tucked in between the Santa Ynez Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, this coastal city is known for its mountainous backdrops, pristine beaches and a warm climate, often giving it the name of the America Riviera. It is here where you can enjoy relaxing strolls in verdant parks, or stay at one of the charming Spanish-style buildings. You can also visit the famous Old Mission, and soak in the stunning architecture, flower gardens and ancient artworks.