1. Santa Claus Village: One of the best places to visit on your Rovaniemi tours is the Santa Claus Village. This is where you can meet Santa, Mrs Claus, Santa's elves and even enjoy a visit to Father Christmas' official post office. Open throughout the year, it is in this village that you can also get to cross the Arctic Circle line, in addition to indulging in other experiences. You can also shop for souvenirs at the gift shop, or indulge in lip-smacking local delicacies at the cafes and restaurants here.
Location: 96930 Arctic Circle, Rovaniemi
2. Korundi House of Culture: Include the Korundi House of Culture in your Rovaniemi packages, and learn about the art, culture and people of Lapland at this famous attraction. Home to the Rovaniemi Art Museum as well as the Lapland Chamber Orchestra, this is a place that tells the story about the history, art and unique traditions of this Finnish land. From art exhibitions and one-of-a-kind concerts, to interactive sessions and more, Korundi is a unique place which takes the art and music of the northern hemisphere to a global level.
Location: Lapinkävijäntie 4, 96100 Rovaniemi
Timings: 11:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
Price: €10 for adults, €8 for senior citizens, students and the unemployed, €6 for children between 7 to 15 years of age
3. Ranua Wildlife Park: Wish to add a wildlife exploration in your Rovaniemi tour packages? Head over to the scenic Ranua Wildlife Park to have a one-on-one experience with the wilderness and wildlife of Rovaniemi. It is at this national park where you can observe the arctic animals all through the year in their natural habitat. The wildlife park has around 200 animals belonging to 50 different wildlife species, including the arctic fox, barnacle goose, boreal owl, brown bear, Siberian musk deer and others.
Location: Rovaniementie 29, 97700 Ranua
Timings: 10:00 a.m. to 04:00 p.m.
Price: €23.50 for adults, €19 for students, €19 for children between 4 to 14 years of age
4. Elf’s Farmyard: Your Rovaniemi tours would be incomplete without a trip to the Elf’s Farmyard. Located close to the Santa Claus Village, this farm exudes a rustic setting at the Arctic Circle, and is home to various animals, including reindeers, alpacas, sheep, goats, rabbits, chicken, hen, peacocks and roosters. In addition to petting and feeding these animals, you can also enjoy skiing across the Arctic Circle in traditional Lappish wooden skis here. Additionally, you can also indulge in a barbecue at the farmyard.
Location: Pukinpolku 12, 96930 Rovaniemi
Timings: 11:00 a.m. to 04:00 p.m.
Price: €15 for adult, €10 for children
5. Santa Claus Secret Forest- Joulukka: Looking to visit somewhere exciting in your Rovaniemi tour packages? Then the secret forest of Santa Claus is your best option. Known as the home of Christmas, this forest offers you a chance to see the daily traditions of elves, including building gingerbread houses, making Christmas crafts or listening to Christmas folklore under the Northern Lights. You can also get to meet Santa here, along with experiencing the magic of this wonderful festival.
Location: Joulukka, Rovaniemi
Timings: Open 24 hours
6. King’s Lean-To: Include this unexplored and unspoilt natural wonder in your Rovaniemi packages and experience the wonders of the Finnish landscape during your holiday. Also known as Laavu in Finnish, this attraction is located on top of the Santavaara Hill, around 8 kilometres to the north of the heart of Rovaniemi.
This is a great place for hiking in the region, from where you can enjoy beautiful views of the snowy landscapes of Rovaniemi. You can also indulge in numerous outdoor safaris here, which take you to the River Ounasjoki and the villages of Ylikylä and Nivankylä.
Location: Koskikatu 12, 96200 Rovaniemi
7. Forestry Museum of Lapland: Add a visit to the Forestry Museum in your Rovaniemi tours. This museum is unlike any other in Finland, and offers you a chance to learn about the daily lives and traditions of the people who lived in the forests of Lapland from the 1870s to 1950s.
Home to nine museums, this place speaks of the history of the Finnish Lapland, in addition to how the forests have changed due to changing times. You can also see the original tools and equipment from the bygone eras here.
Location: Metsämuseontie 7, 96460 Rovaniemi
Price: €6 for adults, €4 for children
8. Ounasvaara Nature Trail: Amongst the most scenic attractions in the Rovaniemi tours, this nature trail is located around 3 kilometres to the east of the centre of Rovaniemi. Also known as the Ounas Hill, this trail is a famous centre for sports, adventure and recreation activities in the region, with several picturesque vantage points. In addition to downhill and cross-country skiing, you can also enjoy tobogganing, snowshoeing, hiking and camping here. The trail also offers mesmerising views of the Saarenkylä and the River Kemijoki.
Location: Koskikatu 12, 96200 Rovaniemi