1. Saint Basil’s Cathedral: Saint Basil’s Cathedral is a Christian church located in the heart of Moscow, the Red square. It is one of the most unique and renowned structures of Moscow and holds historical significance. The brilliant architecture and colorful exteriors as well as interiors attract visitors to witness it. It is the must-visit list on your Moscow tour packages.
2. Red Square: Red square is one of the most important structures of Moscow. The square separates the Kremlin from the historic merchant quarter called Kitai-gorod. Red square connects the city of Moscow with the international highways of Russia. If you are in Moscow, admiring this place is a must.
3. Moscow Kremlin: Built in between the 14th and 17th century by Russian architects and having served as the residence for the president of Russia, Moscow Kremlin is an important place to add in your Moscow tour packages. Overlooking the Moskva River and surrounded by all the major attractions of the city, this fortified complex is located in the centre of Moscow.
4. Memorial Museum Of Cosmonautics: If space and aeronautics are your fascination then this museum is a must visit for you on your Moscow packages. Having a massive collection of Russian and Soviet space-related exhibits and models which showcase the history of aeronautics and space. It holds about 85,000 items on exhibit and is a great place to explore if you are in Moscow.
5. Bolshoi Theatre: Bolshoi Theatre is a beautiful theatre in Moscow having a neoclassical facade and is painted in beautiful ivory colors. The theatre is known all over Moscow for hosting the most authentic opera and ballet performance and event. If you are an art lover and want to admire the art and culture of Russia then this is a great place to spend your time indulging in some admiring artwork.
6. VDNKh: VDNKh short for Vystavka Dostizheniya Narodnogo Hozyaystva occupies 2,375,000 square metres area and has about 400 buildings. It is an entertainment complex, park and trade centre. It comprises pavilions, fountains, a luna-park, Cosmonautics museum and a rocket and even a Buran space-ship. It is one of the most popular places in Moscow and is just one kilometer from Ostankino Tower.
7. Ostankino Tower: Ostankino Tower is a radio and television tower. It is one of the tallest towers in Moscow and offers some splendid views of Moscow from its observation deck. The tower is now the 11 highest building in the world but from 1967 and 1974 it was the tallest in the world.
8. State Tretyakov Gallery: State Tretyakov Gallery is a renowned art gallery in Moscow. Started in 1856 by Pavel Mikhailovich Tretyakov for preserving the famous art collections of different Russin artists of his time, the place turned into a museum which now has about 180,000 famous artworks. If you are an art and history lover then this is a must in your Moscow holiday package.
9. GUM: Being one of the most luxurious malls of Moscow having the outlets of the best brands in its premises. If you are a shopaholic and want to get your hands on some really great items then visiting GUM is a must. The most famous brands you can find here are Bulgari, Burberry, Calvin Klien, Channel, Coach, Dior and many others.
10. Gorky Park: A great place to add on your Moscow tour packages, Gorky park provides you with unlimited fun and frolic. Indulge in many activities like ice-skating, cycling, skateboarding, rollerblading and many more. It is a great place to take your kids and spend a good day together.
1. Trek to Sparrow Hills: Satisfying your thirst thrill, a trek to Sparrow Hills is a must one your Moscow tour packages. Located on the bank of Moskva River, these hills are the highest point of the city. This short trek of about 15-20 mins offers some splendid views of the beautiful city of Moscow day and night.
2. Explore the Red Square: Being the centre of the city, Red square separates the Kerlim from Kitai-gorod and is the main attraction of Moscow. You should explore this place on your Moscow tour packages and admire the beautiful architecture along with several nearby attractions.
3. Admire St Basil's Cathedral: Being the most iconic structure of Moscow, St basil Cathedral is one of the most beautiful places of the city and you should explore this on your visit to Moscow. The colorful architecture is sure to leave you speechless.
4. Visit the Lenin's Mausoleum: Lenin's Mausoleum also commonly known as Lenin's Tomb is situated in the centre of Red square and is one of the most visited attractions of Moscow. The mausoleum is the resting place of Vladimir Lenin who was a legendary Russian revolutionary.
5. Take a train at Moscow Metro: Considered as a great way to explore the city, taking the Moscow metro is an experience in itself. The architecture and interiors of the subway will leave you at awe. This is considered great to take a tour of the city.
6. Enjoy a opera performance art Bolshoi Theatre: Bolshoi Theatre is one of the places in Moscow which is known to host the best performances of Opera as well as ballet. With great artists coming and showcasing their talents, this place is amazing to spend a soothing evening indulging in the best of art of Moscow.
7. Shop at GUM: Situated in the centre of Red square, GUM is the most famous shopping mall of Moscow and is known to have some of the best brands like Valentino, YSL,Dolce & Gabbana, Jimmy Choo, etc . You can indulge in a great shopping spree at GUM and take home a ton of souvenirs.
8. Go Ice-skating at Gorky Park: Enjoy a great session of ice-skating at the 15,000 square meters rink at the Gorky Park. This adrenaline rushing activity will let you have a great time. It is a great place to indulge in many fun activities and a perfect one to spend some time with your kids.
9. Watch cultural performances Moscow Hermitage Garden: Situated on the Karetny Ryad Street, Moscow Hermitage Garden is a popular spot in Moscow hosting a number of cultural events and performances. Visit here and enjoy opera, ballet and several other concerts of various artists. If you are an art lover, then this is the place for you.
Moscow can be reached through all modes of transfer:
- By Air: Sheremetyevo international airport is the main airport of Moscow along with 4 others that connect it with all the major countries and cities in the world. It is the most convenient way to travel on your Moscow tour packages.
- By Road: Moscow can be reached by road from Berlin, Budapest, Riga and Tartu. However, Lux Express is the only service provider.
- By Train: Moscow is connected by railways to many places and you can easily board a train to travel from places like London, Paris, Vienna, etc.
April and May are the best time to visit Moscow as the temperatures are fairly warm and pleasing making sightseeing and other activities in Moscow a treat for travellers. There is a lot of tourist influx in these months as they offer the best experience of the city.
Russian Ruble is the currency used in Moscow and one Russian Ruble is equal to one INR.
A 5-6 days Moscow holiday package will cost you something in between INR 35,000 to INR 50,000. This price will be inclusive of transfers, accommodations, meals and several other facilities.
By booking from Thrillophilia you can avail some crazy discounts and deals on the best Moscow packages. Browse through the well curated packages by Thrillophilia and make the most of your money.
Yes, if you want to cover just the major attractions and activities in Moscow then a 2-3 days Moscow tour packages is enough. If you wish to have a peaceful time and some leisure time for yourself on your trip then a week long tour is highly recommended.
Moscow is known worldwide for its list of UNESCO world heritage sites showing ancient architecture and having a great historical significance. Some of the most famous structures of Moscow include Saint Basil’s Cathedral, Re square, Mosure kremlin, etc.
Yes, you need to have a valid visa to enter Moscow which is given by the Russian Embassy. Visa on arrival is impossible to get hence visitors are requested to apply well in advance for the visa.
The tourist visa to Russia is provided by the Russian Embassy or the Consulate. You need to apply for the visa well in advance as the visa on arrival facility is not available.
No, the Schengen Visa will not be valid for visiting Moscow. You need to apply for a Russian visa at the Consulate to come to the city in your Moscow packages.
1. Red Square: This is the centre square of Russia which separates the Kremlin and Kitai-gorod. It is a significant attraction in Moscow.
2. Saint Basil’s Cathedral: Cathedral of Vasily the Blessed also called as Saint Basil’s Cathedral is an old Christian Church in Moscow having a beautiful architecture and design.
3. Moscow Kremlin: Moscow Kremlin is a fortified complex surrounded by the Moskva River, Saint Basil’s Cathedral, Red square and Alexander Garden. It was the residence of Russia president.
4. Kolomenskoye Historical and Architectural Museum and Reserve: A summer residence for the former Dukes of Moscow, Kolomenskoye Historical and Architectural Museum and Reserve has now turned into a museum. It has a beautiful architecture and is visited by many for its beauty.
5. Grand Kremlin Palace: Built from 1837 to 1849, Grand Kremlin Palace was the Tsar's Moscow residence. It was built by Konstantin Thon and has a rectangular shape with an inner courtyard.