1. Tour the Statue of Liberty: One of the most iconic attractions that you simply cannot miss out on in your New York trip is visiting the Statue of Liberty. It is one of the most exciting things to do in New York. Though entry to this landmark is free, you will have to pay for the ferry services. Here, there are two options – you can opt for the free of charge Staten Island Ferry, or you can choose the Ellis Island Ferry, which charges a fee. You can take a quick look at the Ellis Island National Museum of Immigration.
Location: New York, NY 10004, United States
2. Staten Island Ferry: Do you have a limited budget yet can’t miss visiting the famous Statue of Liberty? Well, you can hop on to the Staten Island Ferry. It is completely free and offers a marvelous view of this iconic landmark from a close distance. The ferry is scheduled to leave at an interval of 30 minutes from the Whitehall Terminal in Lower Manhattan. It is one of the most thrilling activities to do in New York with family.
Location: Operates between the Whitehall Terminal in Lower Manhattan and the St. George Ferry Terminal on Staten Island
3. Explore American Museum of Natural History: If you are a history buff, then a New York trip without visiting the American Museum of Natural History doesn't make sense. Even if you do not have an ardent passion for historical aspects, the exhibits and collections at this museum will impress you. It is undoubtedly one of the most intriguing things to do in New York. Here, the vast museum is divided into sections that are dedicated to various aspects like taxidermy mammals, marine life, dinosaurs, etc.
Location: 200 Central Park West, New York, NY 10024, United States
Price: $23 per adults
Timings: 10 am – 5:30 pm
4. Visit 9/11 Memorial and Museum: The emotional aspect of visiting the 9/11 Memorial and Museum is indescribable. Here, the design of the museum is simply noteworthy and pays homage to the disastrous 9/11 event that reshaped the history of the United States. It is one of the most revered activities to do in New York with family. With an impressive architectural layout, the museum offers rental audio guides to the visitors. The narrator shares the experience, and you can't help but feel the loss yourself.
Location: 180 Greenwich St, New York, NY 10007, United States
Timings: 10 am – 5 pm
5. Visit Brooklyn Bridge: Built in 1883, the Brooklyn Bridge was once the world's largest suspension bridge. With a length of 1595 feet, the bridge connects Brooklyn heights to lower Manhattan. Walking the bridge on foot is one of the most cherishing things to do in New York. It will take you about 20 minutes to cover the entire distance and the best time is to go in the morning. During this time, the traffic is less, and you can admire the grandiose beauty of the surroundings. Moreover, watching the sunset amidst the skyline is mesmerizing.
Location: Brooklyn Bridge, New York, NY 10038, United States
6. Explore Governors Island: Do you want to escape the hustle of the city and relax amidst nature? You won't have to search any further than Governors Island. Though the 172-acre island was closed for about two centuries to the public, now it is accessible to all. There are numerous monuments, exhibitions, music festivals, events, etc., that you can attend there. It is one of the most memorable activities to do in New York with family. You just need to get a hold of the schedule to know more about the festivals!
Location: New York Harbor, New York, NY 11231, United States
Price: Ferry service is at $3 per adult
7. Wander around Greenwich Village: One of the most enchanting neighborhoods that attract visitors greatly is the Greenwich Village. Here, the streets are dotted by numerous trees and boast of several bars and small cafes. You can take a lazy stroll along the neighborhood and explore the hidden corners. It is one of the top-rated things to do in New York. Did you know that you even spot celebrities here? You can visit Washington Square Park and relax amidst nature. Moreover, you can also head towards the different bars and enjoy!
Location: West side of Manhattan, New York City
8. Visit Times Square: A trip to New York City without exploring its heart doesn't make the vacation complete, does it? There is just something about Times Square that draws tourists inexplicably. The glowing gigantic billboards, mesmerizing Broadway theaters, and the numerous dining sites make this place even more appealing. It is one of the most exciting things to do in New York at night. Here, all the venues are open till the crack of dawn, and you can spend the night enjoying and partying. The enigmatic vibe of the street will simply leave you in awe.
Location: Midtown Manhattan, New York City
9. Watch Sunset on West Street highway: Watching the gorgeous sunset from the West Street highway is the type of activity that will immortalize this New York trip in your memory. You can rest anywhere while strolling along the Hudson River Greenway. The scenic visual that will greet you when you watch the sun set amidst the backdrop of the Hudson River is unparalleled. It is one of the most popular things to do in New York. Moreover, you can also arrange for a lovely picnic and spend some cozy time with your partner.
Location: Starts from Battery Park and ends at the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel
10. New York Food Tour: Is everyone in your family food lovers? Then, you have come to the right place for a vacation! Known as the food paradise, New York offers different food tours to tourists. You can choose the one that suits your taste palette the best and sample the delicious food items. It is one of the most unforgettable activities to do in New York with family. With food tours, you can taste a little bit of a wide range of food items and expand your taste buds.
Location: New York, United States