Quite popular for its high-spirited milieu and exotic nightlife, there are numerous things to do in Las Vegas. Beginning with Titanic Exhibit to Hiking at Lake Mead, activities in Las Vegas are full of eccentricity. If you are unable to plan regarding what to do in Las Vegas, we're here to help you with the best things in Las Vegas.
Indulge in a fascinating night ride on High Roller and get to see Vegas's cityscape from a height of 550 meters. The large Ferris Wheel is operated during both day and night. Opt for the Night Ride to get a glimpse of Las Vegas veiled in neon lights. To get an essence of Venice's irresistible charm right in Las Vegas, plan a visit to The Venetian, a Luxury Hotel and a Casino Resort.
From the Gondolas at the Grand Canal, everything has been recreated here wonderfully. One can also channel their inner shopaholics at the onsite shopping mall which is home to several luxury brands. Visiting the Downtown and the Hoover Dam are two other unmissable activities. Lastly, one must not miss watching the Light Show at Fremont Street Experience and catch the musical hits on the world's largest video screen.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Las Vegas
People Also Ask About Las Vegas Things To Do
Which are the best things to do in Las Vegas?
1. Explore the Titanic Exhibit: Exploring the Titanic Exhibit at Luxor Hotel & Casino is one of the educational activities in Las Vegas. Sprawling over an area of 25,000-square-foot, the Titanic Exhibit comprises real artefacts which were retrieved from below the North Atlantic Ocean. In addition, the Grand Staircase and the Promenade Deck on the Titanic have also been charmingly recreated for the entertainment of the visitors.
- Location: 3900 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119, United States
- Price: General Admission $32.00, Child (0-3): Free Entry, Children (4-12): $24.00 & Senior (Over 65 & Military) $30.00
- Timings: Thursday-Sunday: 11 AM- 6 PM | Monday-Wednesday- Closed
2. Ride The High Roller: Riding the giant Ferris Wheel and experiencing the adrenaline rush is one of the best things in Las Vegas. Currently, it is the tallest Ferris Wheel in the world and is a must-have in your Las Vegas's itinerary. The Giant wheel starts rotating slowly and takes you to a height of 550 metres in a matter of 30 minutes. After getting to the top, get a sneak peek of the unperturbed cityscape of Vegas and encounter immense joy.
- Location:3545 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, United States
- Price: Daytime: $25, Night: $37 (7 PM Onwards), Children (0-6): Free, Kids ( 7-17 Years ): Daytime: $1, Night Time: $20
- Timings: Monday-Sunday: 4 PM-12 AM
3. Visit Downtown: If you are in search of what to do in Las Vegas, head straight to Downtown. Beginning with local eateries to casinos, DTLV has an infectious milieu. Sip exotic Cocktails and Tequilas at Lucky Day complemented with DJ Night and chic decor. Or else, if you are a teetotaller, opt for places like Neon Museum and Gallery tower for an offbeat experience in Vegas. Not many people are aware that Downtown is also an important centre for art and culture in the city. If you are an art enthusiast, pay a visit to the 18b Arts District to purchase innovative art pieces or to marvel at the exhibits.
- Location: Downtown Las Vegas (DTLV), Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
4. Visit Hoover Dam: In the southeast of Las Vegas, visiting the Hoover Dam for a half-day tour is one of the refreshing things to do in Las Vegas. Owing to its engineering innovations, it has been recognized as a National Historic Landmark. Travellers flock here in numbers to get a panoramic view of Lake Mead and the Colorado River. In terms of educational perspectives, travellers also get to learn about the generation and distribution of electricity.
- Location: Hwy. 93, Boulder City, USA
- Price: $15
- Timings: 9 AM- 5 PM
5. Fremont Street Experience's Light Show: Watching the spectacular Light Show at Fremont Street Experience is one of the must-do activities in Las Vegas. Every evening, Musical hits by Imagine Dragons, The Chainsmokers, Shakira, The Killers, Steve Aoki, Mixology and Tiesto are played on the Viva Vision screen which happens to be the largest video screen in the world. Groove and match your footsteps to some of the popular tunes and have a wonderful time with your friends and family.
- Location: 425 Fremont Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101-5620
- Timings: 6 PM- 2 AM
6. The Venetian Casino and Grand Canal: Get the essence of Italy right here in Las Vegas at The Venetian which is a Luxury Hotel and a Casino Resort. Inspired by Venice and its incomparable beauty, everything has been recreated unbelievably at this place. From the Gondolas at the Grand Canal to the living status, you will be amused to find an uncanny similarity. Undoubtedly, it is one of the best things in Las Vegas. The luxury hotel also houses an onsite shopping mall called Grand Canal Shoppes. It is a paradise for shopaholics and is home to several luxury brands. After a session of retail therapy, opt for a Gondola Ride at the replicated Grand Canal which runs between the shops to get a taste of voyaging in Venice.
- Location: 3377 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109, United States
- Timings: 11 AM- 8 PM
7. Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area: Visiting the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area is one of the recreational things to do in Las Vegas. In the west of Las Vegas, it has a marvellous landscape and is a popular locale for Hiking, Cycling and Rock Climbing. Camping and Picnics are also allowed here but on specific trails. Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area has been listed as a protected area mainly because of the presence of Desert Tortoise. Besides, it is also home to plant species like Joshua Tree, Banana Yucca, Creosote, Mojave Yucca, and Black Brush.
- Location: 1000 Scenic Loop Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89161, United States
- Price: Car/Truck: $15 Per Vehicle, Motorcycle: $10 Per Vehicle, Bicycle/Pedestrian: $5 Per Person & Commercial Tour Vehicle: $15 Per Vehicle + $5 Per Person
- Timings: 6 AM -8 PM
8. Explore the Mob Museum: If you are unable to plan out what to do in Las Vegas, Mob Museum is an ideal place for a Day Excursion. Officially, it is known as the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement. The Mob Museum is laid out on several floors and houses collective narratives of organized crimes which took place in the United States. It also exhibits stringent initiatives which have been adopted by the Law Enforcement Department to prevent such crimes.
- Location: 300 Stewart Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101, United States
- Price: General Admission: $29.5 | Premier Pass: $48.95| Deluxe Pass: $41.95
- Timings: Monday–Friday: 10 AM- 8 PM, Saturday–Sunday: 9 AM- 9 PM
9. Hike at Lake Mead: Hiking at Lake Mead is one of the thrilling things to do in Las Vegas. Depending upon your capacity, you can choose to opt for easy or difficult trails. Our top picks are Historic Railroad Trail, Callville Summit Trail and River Mountains Loop Trail. Historic Railroad Trail is relatively easy and is suitable for beginners. Callville Summit Trail falls under moderate grade and offers lovely views of the Hemenway Valley. Lastly, River Mountains Loop Trail is the easiest of the lot and is lined with prepossessing scenery.
- Location: 10, Lakeshore Road, Nevada- 89005
- Price: $15/Person- 7 Days
- Timings: 8 AM- 3 PM
10. Stroll at Springs Preserve: Covering an area of 180 acres, Springs Preserve is an ideal place to indulge in a casual stroll and inhaling fresh air. Nestled in the western part of Downtown, visiting this place is one of the best things in Las Vegas. Springs Preserve houses a peaceful atmosphere and is a great spot for spending some time with your family and friends. Other attractions at Springs Preserve include Botanical Garden, Butterfly Habitat, Indoor Theatre, Photo Galleries, Event Venues and Museums.
- Location: 333 S Valley View Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89107, United States
- Price: Adults: $18.95, Seniors (65 Onwards): $17.05, Children (5-17 Years): $10.95 & Children (0-4 Years): Free
- Timings: Friday- Monday: 9 AM- 4 PM
What are the things to do in Las Vegas at night?
1. Watch Light Show at Fremont Street Experience: Visiting the Fremont Street Experience and watching the HD Light Show on one of the largest video screens in the world is certainly one of the best activities in Las Vegas at night. Catch the super hits of eminent bands/ singers like the Chainsmokers and Shakira on the screen, all night long.
2. Visit Downtown, Las Vegas: Visit the Downtown in Las Vegas, the most happening place in the city and indulge in peppy nightlife. Hit the plush restaurants or an exotic bar for a delightful culinary experience. Or else, head to a Casino for trying your luck!
3. Ride on the High Roller: Ride on the giant Ferris Wheel in Las Vegas and get to see the illuminated cityscape for a surreal experience from an elevation of 550 metres.
What are the best casinos in Las Vegas?
1. Caesars Palace: One of the best casinos in Las Vegas, Caesars Palace is an ideal place for people who loves to gamble on sports events. It is a popular landmark in Vegas and lures numerous people every day owing to its infrastructure and vivacious ambience.
2. Bellagio: Gamble with elegance at Bellagio which is known for its Poker Room. While you place your bets, lip-smacking food and exotic drinks will be served to you on the table. Neck and Back Massages are also offered during the games.
3. Circus Circus: Circus Circus is perfect for people who are willing to visit a Casino with their family. It offers gambling in a protected environment. Other highlights at Circus Circus include Acrobatic Shows, Food Fair, and a fun-filled Carnival.
How to reach Las Vegas?
- By Air: To reach Las Vegas from any other part of the world, one needs to reserve flights that will land at McCarran International Airport (LAS). Major airlines which ply passengers to this international airport are Delta Airlines, Swiss, United Airlines, Air France, Lufthansa, and Emirates.
- By Road: Travelling to Las Vegas via road is a thrilling journey. The city is well-connected to places like Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Diego, Salt Lake City, and parts of Mexico. Either opt for local transports like Bus or go for Taxis.
What is the best month to go to Las Vegas?
The best months to go to Las Vegas is between March-May and September- November. During this period, the climate remains moderate and is the ideal time to explore Vegas without any hassle.
What is Las Vegas famous for?
Las Vegas is famous for luxury resorts, peppy nightlife, extravagant dining, gambling, shopping and marvellous landscape.
Is it safe to go to Las Vegas?
Yes, it is safe to go to Las Vegas on an exotic holiday. Despite the madness and high-spirited life that Vegas is known for, stringent laws and a tight security system make it one of the safest cities in the United States. Nevertheless, it is recommended not to venture into unknown territory to avoid getting into trouble.
How many days are enough in Las Vegas?
An itinerary of 3 Nights and 4 Days is perfect for exploring Las Vegas.
Day 1: Explore the Titanic Exhibit, Ride the High Roller, Watch the HD Lightshow at Fremont Street Experience
Day 2: Visit the Hoover Dam & the Lake Mead Or Visit the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area
Day 3: Stroll at Springs Preserve, Shop at Grand Canal Shoppes, Visit Downtown Las Vegas
What should I not miss in Vegas?
When in Vegas, one must not miss visiting the Titanic Exhibit, watching the Light Show at Fremont Street Experience, Hiking at Lake Mead and exploring Downtown Las Vegas.
Is Las Vegas an expensive city?
Yes, Las Vegas is an expensive city in the United States. The Hotel prices can go up to $200/ night. Moderately priced hotels cost around $50/ night. Food in Las Vegas costs between $40- $100/ meal. If you hunt properly, you might end up finding eateries that offer meals at $10 as well. Transport prices in Las Vegas vary depending upon the mode i.e. Buses, Taxis, Private Cars.