Koh Tao tour packages are varied in terms of time, budget and tourists’ personal preferences. Known as one of the best scuba diving destinations of the world, Koh Tao offers the perfect white sand beaches and crystal clear waters of the Gulf of Thailand. It is surrounded by lush vegetation and you can witness beautiful coral reefs and exciting and colorful sea creatures. The island offers all types of accommodation options, including budget guesthouses to lavish beachside villas.
The choice of bars, restaurants, and cafes are also rising here. Your Koh Tao trip is incomplete without at least a one-night party. Koh Tao tours can include a full day trip to the island and Koh Nang Yuan from Koh Samui on speedboat. You can spend the entire day by snorkeling as your tour guide takes you to the famous snorkeling stops. Watching the breathtaking coral reefs tops the chart of the things to do in Koh Tao.
PADI open water diving tour can be a lot of fun for tourists who want to take their first step into diving lessons. Koh Nang Yuan, Ao Tanot Bay, John Suwan View Point, Sairee Beach, Sai Nuan Beach, Sail Rock, Hin Wong Bay, Island Muay Thai, Jansom Bay, Mango View Point, and Chalok Baan Kao beach are some of the places to visit in Koh Tao. Koh Tao trip packages can be very economical with homestays and simple activities. Also, a grand and lavish honeymoon or a holiday with friends along with wild party nights can be arranged here.
People Also Ask About Koh Tao Tours
What are the top attractions for a sightseeing tour in Koh Tao?
1. Hin Wong Bay: Hing Wong Bay is the quiet and serene getaway from the crowded Sairee beach. It is an extended beach that is surrounded by rocks and boulders. The water here is very clear, therefore, one can perfectly enjoy snorkeling. You can reach Hin Wong Bay on foot or by scooter. There are a couple of seaside open resorts here if you’d like to spend a night. This is the perfect spot for snorkeling lovers in Koh Tao.
2. Koh Nang Yuan Island Viewpoint: Koh Nang Yuan is a unique island which includes three small parts of land that are linked through a sandbar. It is best to visit this place early in the morning. The crowd here generally starts pouring in from 9.30 am. The beach here is filled with coral reefs. The best thing you can do here is to climb the hill and reach the top for a fantastic view. It is perfect to spend half a day at Koh Nang Yuan Island.
3. Wat Koh Tao: This is the only temple in Koh Tao where Buddhism is practiced and it is also a residential place for Buddhist monks. The temple of Wat Koh Tao, which was built in 1977, is located in the hilly terrain of Mae Haad and Sairee. Here one can take both practical and theoretical lessons of Buddhism from the monks who are happy to teach anyone who is interested.
4. Yaai Mae and Taa Tao Spirit Rocks: This is a spiritual place for the natives who believe that rocks can be worshipped as gods. Hin Ta Ta and Hin Yaai Mae are the two most revered rocks here that are worshipped by local people with great belief. They believe that the prayers will protect them in the face of any natural disaster or bad omen. As a tourist, you can take a kayak to float across the waters to enjoy the scenic beauty.
What are the things to do in Koh Tao?
1. Hike from Mae Haad to Chalok: Hiking is one of the most sought after things to do in Koh Tao for hundreds of tourists. Hiking is safe and beautiful here as the path along the coast is traffic-free and anyone with any fitness level can opt for this activity. The roads here are interconnected and marked with road signs. You can swim in the remote bays and enjoy the stunning natural beauty.
2. Visit the Freedom Beach and John Suwan Viewpoint: The most gorgeous sceneries of the island are located all the way down south. There is a tiny peninsula there that offers three amazing viewpoints and picturesque beaches. The most famous one is John Suwan Viewpoint. Freedom Beach, on the other hand, is famous for sunbathing. Soft white sand and crystal clear waters draw huge crowd as well.
3. Watch the gorgeous sunrise at Love @ Koh Tao: In order to watch the beautiful sunrise, you have to wake up at 5 am and head towards Tanote Bay. As you go downhill, there is a concrete road on your left that leads towards an uphill where this spectacular sunrise point is situated. On a clear day, you see a silhouette of Koh Phangan at a distance.
4. Arrange a beach party: One of the must-do things is Koh Tao is to have a blast at a beach party with your friends. All the bars and pubs with their private beaches are located on the Sairee beach. You can choose any venue as per your taste of music, dance, games, drinks, and food.
5. Go biking, scuba diving, and snorkeling: Koh Tao is famous for all these activities. You can opt for a PADI course, hire a scooter/bike at a very nominal rate and discover the stunning locations across the island. Go for snorkeling as the place has innumerable options in terms of guides and infrastructure.
What are the famous camping tours available in Koh Tao?
1. Koh Tao Bamboo Huts: Located on Jax Trek road, this is a low-impact nature-oriented resort that offers various facilities like snorkeling, free parking, babysitting, free internet and spa among others. All rooms offer excellent and unobstructed sea view. The facility, famous for all Koh Tao tour packages, comes with a private pool.
2. Ban’s Diving Resort: This resort, situated on the Sairee beach, is operated by a native family. The hospitality is very warm here that make tourists come to this facility every year. Spa, salon, restaurant, mini-mart, FishBowl bar, swimming pool, and other such facilities are available here to make your Koh Tao trip fulfilling and comfortable.
3. Taraporn Bungalows: This place is situated on the west of Chalok Baan Kao that offers a natural set up for your stay in Koh Tao. Many tourists opt for really low-cost and budget stays in their Koh Tao tour packages and Taraporn Bungalows beautifully caters to that flock. The place is decent with all necessary amenities but don’t expect luxury here.
4. Koh Tao Hillside: This is one of the most booked accommodations in Koh Tao where you get amazingly large family rooms and other facilities such as a stunning view of the coast, private beach, and an array of restaurants nearby, smoking rooms, private refrigerator and the like.
Which are the best places for shopping in Koh Tao?
1. The Gallery: Located centrally, The Gallery is the place where you get accustomed to the local culture and tradition of Thailand. The place functions as a museum and you get to see and explore the island country through endless images and paintings. You can collect the best souvenirs from here. Enjoy some authentic dishes as well.
2. Koh Tao Rockey’s Tailor: Rockey’s Tailor is the place to be when you need to get dressed properly for your parties and don’t have enough time. Suits, shirts, jackets, and dresses are tailored here with utmost care and precision. You get to choose from over 1000 designs. Fine quality fabric and accessories are also available here.
3. May and Co. General Store: Another amazing store to collect your natural beauty products and a wide range of souvenir items is May and Co. General Store. This small yet independent shop offers all products that are environment-friendly and easy on the body. The brand has dedicated artisans and manufacturers who are all natives.
What are the best beaches in Koh Tao?
1. Sai Nuan Beach: Sai Nuan is one of the secluded beaches in Koh Tao that reflects an idyllic atmosphere of the island country. You can walk up to the beach from Mae Haad. The environment here is peaceful and quiet. You can stroll down the white sand beach while relishing the natural beauty of the seashore.
2. Tanote Bay: Tanote Bay is one of the easternmost beaches in Koh Tao. You can reach the spot through a taxi boat or on a two-wheeler. The beach bents into the sea gently, offering enough free spaces for the crowd on the busiest days to lounge around the beach. Snorkeling can be practiced here as the bay offers a spectacular visual of stunning coral reefs.
3. Laem Thian: Laem Thian is for those who love a secluded escapade in their Koh Tao tours. The place is also famous as a snorkeling location. From the central Sairee, it is just a 45 minutes trek. The local flora and fauna along with the crystal clear water offers a great combination for the photographers. The natural rocks are visually aesthetic too.
4. Sai Daeng: The drive through the island country to reach the Sai Daeng beach is as stunning as the beach itself. It is located in the southern Koh Tao hills and the beach is surrounded by palm plantations. A fleet of kayaks are available here to help you glide to the Shark Island. You can also just roam around across the lazy waters and enjoy the natural bliss.
What is there to do in Koh Tao at night?
1. Good food and sports: One of the best ways to enjoy the vibrating nightlife in Koh Tao is to be at the Reef Sports Bar and Restaurant. Located at Koh Phangan, this place is a paradise for sports enthusiasts and youngsters. Pool tables, free wifi, large screens to watch live games along with an excellent array of food and beverages are some of the prime features of this place.
2. Pool parties: If you are planning to have a blast with your friends in Koh Tao, then head towards AC Bar Beach Club where you can take part in amazing pool parties. Great music, food, cocktails, and Jacuzzis are there to entertain you. Located right at the center of Sairee beach, this venue remains open till midnight.
3. Watch cabaret performance: One of the must-do things in Koh Tao is to enjoy the live Queen’s Cabaret show. The dance performances here feature talented ladyboys who often encourage their audiences to join them on stage. This is one of the unique experiences for tourists who love dance, drama, music and a little bit of camaraderie.
4. Go natural at night: If you do not want a stereotypical night out in Koh Tao then Jungle Bar is the place to be. The interiors of the bar have been made of all-natural products. Even the bar has some of its own pets like deer, turtle and wild pigs among others. You can enjoy a laid back evening here with lots of free spaces. You can bring your own hammock too.
Does Koh Tao have an airport? If no, then Which is the nearest Airport to Koh Tao?
Koh Tao does not have an airport. However, the place is well connected through a couple of airports like the Koh Samui airport and the Chumphon airport in Pathio district, Chumphon. You can take the ferry service from Koh Samui airport to reach Koh Tao. The ferry ride is economic and offers a great experience for your Koh Tao tours.
What are the best resorts in Koh Tao to stay?
1. Grand Beach Resort: Located in the heart of Sairee beach, Grand Beach Resort is famous for its luxury facilities, great staff and excellent rooms with a stunning view of the sea. The facility is just 67km from Koh Samui airport. The place is surrounded by endless numbers of night clubs and restaurants. Snorkeling barbecue, private beach, and other such facilities are available here.
2. Assava Dive Resort: This resort is situated at Chalok Baan Kao which comes with private bay and private bar facilities. Assava Dive Resort should be a part of any tourist’s Koh Tao Tour Packages as its rooms are huge, you get great food here, the staff is friendly and the place is easily connected to many transportation services.
3. Mango Bay Boutique Resort Koh Tao: This resort is situated at Koh Phangan where you can indulge in the free snorkeling and diving facilities. The property is located off the cluster of other hotels and resorts, so you can enjoy a great private time here. The resort offers Thai, seafood and various western delicacies. Free transportation to the airport and other central points is also available. The staff of this resort is friendly and always ready to help the guests.
4. Poseidon Resort: Mango Bay resort is located in Tanote Bay. Free parking, free wifi, private beach, bar, lounge, spa, canoeing, and shuttle bus service are some of the most attractive features of this property. The resort is located in the middle of the mangrove and several vegetarian and non-vegetarian restaurants surround the property. The staff here is warm and helpful.
What is the best time to Visit Koh Tao?
The best time to visit Koh Tao is anytime between late December till April when you can enjoy the good weather with very little rain and lots of sun. You can roam around the island without being worried about the scorching sun or rain. From May onwards, the weather becomes hotter, while intermittent showers make the atmosphere humid.
How to reach Koh Tao from Bangkok?
The best and the most popular way to reach Koh Tao from Bangkok is through bus or ferry. You can take the Lomprayah bus which starts from the Khao San Road from 6 in the morning. It reaches Koh Tao around 2 in the afternoon. You can opt for the ferry service as well which takes around 2 to 3 hours from Chumphon to reach Koh Tao.
What is Koh Tao known for?
Koh Tao is best known for its amazing marine life. A small and buoyant expat community has developed this region which is loaded with natural resources and spectacular tourist spots. The place has been drawing thousands of tourists from across the globe as it offers some brilliant accommodation, food and drink and marine life facilities.
How long does it take from Koh Samui to Koh Tao?
If you take the bus service from Lomprayah, then it generally takes around six to seven hours to reach Koh Tao. However, one of the quickest ways to reach Koh Tao is through the ferry service from Koh Samui. The catamaran ferry takes not more than just 1 hour and 45 minutes to reach Koh Tao.
How long does it take to get from Koh Phangan to Koh Tao?
The Koh Phangan and Koh Tao ferry route functions really well. The service is available for 7 days and it takes generally 1 hour and 45 minutes to reach Koh Tao from Koh Phangan. At present, there is just one company that operates the ferry service which is really cheap.
What about the temperature in Daytime/Nighttime in Koh Tao?
Koh Tao is a coastal area, and therefore, the daytime temperature remains around 36 degrees Celsius or more in the month of June. Midsummer weather here can be really hot and humid. However, the nights are cooler with around 25 degrees Celsius to 27 degrees Celsius. In the daytime, the temperature drops to around 30 degrees Celsius to 33 degrees Celsius in January to March with 20-24 degrees Celsius at night.
Are there any restrictions regarding anything which I need to take care of?
-As a tourist, you should pack all the essential items such as sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellents, trekking shoes, caps, hats, swimwear and other such stuff.
-During your Koh Tao trip, try to have control over your alcohol consumption as it leads to many hassles. Don’t drink and drive to the hotel after a party. Don’t leave your drinks unattended at a pub or bar.
-Avoid solo travel late at night if you are a woman tourist.
-Follow the traffic rules.
-Abide by the noise rules set by each bar and pub.