Popular Places To Stay in Shimla
|2 Days 1 Night||₹ 9000.0|
|2 Days 1 Night||₹ 11000.0|
|2 Days 1 Night||₹ 4500.0|
|2 Days 1 Night||₹ 6000.0|
|2 Days 1 Night||₹ 3500.0|
Nestled in the mountains of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla is a hill station that has long held a beloved spot in the hearts of tourists. There are some of the best places to stay in Shimla. Shimla was first discovered by British officials looking to escape the horrible heat of the Indian plains, and to date it remains a glorious vacation destination.
Its location is a large part of its charm since it is enjoyable all around the year. If you visit Shimla in summer, it will greet you with cool winds and a spring-like ambience, while with the coming of the winters, Shimla turns into a fairytale land of ice and snow. There are many wonderful things to enjoy around Shimla. Enjoying the peace and serenity of the mountains as you sip hot tea and much into a warm plateful of pakodas is a joy in itself, while the charms of Mall Road cannot be explored enough.
Shimla’s Mall Road has existed from time immemorial, and offers so much in terms of shopping and scenery. The height at which it is situated allows you to experience a panoramic landscape full of green mountains, while the many shops and restaurants make shopping an adventure. The Lakkad Market (wood market) is a must-visit on Mall Road since a variety of beautiful wooden items are to be had there at minimal rates.
It is also rich in architectural beauty, there are some striking places to visit in Shimla. The colonial structures that are scattered around the mountain town are a source of reverential wonder. There are old cathedrals and town halls to admire as well as ancient temples to explore. Nature reigns serenely all around the mountains of Shimla, and offers many pleasant sights for beauty loving eyes. Walking up to the Chadwick Falls or gazing at the romantic views from Summer Hill are wonderful activities to enjoy; while the untamed beauty of the Himalayan Nature Park or Dharanghati Sanctuary allows you to surround yourselves in nature’s own wilderness therapy.
Adventure sports enthusiasts also find a lot to enjoy when in Shimla for the district is full of thrilling activities like river rafting, ice skating, skiing, fishing, hiking, and trekking. Narkanda and Naldhera have amazing hiking trails and gold grounds.
It is easily accessible year-round as trains and buses regularly ply up and down from major cities. Chugging up to the hill station in the Toy Train is a fantastic way to start your vacation, whilst don’t forget that staying in the woods is perhaps the most unique place to stay in Shimla.
People Also Ask About Shimla Stays
What are the best places to stay in Shimla?
For so many excellent options available, finding the best resorts in Shimla can get challenging. Shimla's popularity among tourists is extreme due to its proximity to major cities such as Delhi and Chandigarh. Let’s have a look at some best places to stay in Shimla:
1. Rustic Homestay: The homestay is located near Mashobra and away from the hustle-bustle of the Mall lane. Rustic Homestay boasts magnificent mountain views with room stay. Each room has an individual balcony, and you can enjoy breath-taking mountain views.
2. CountrySide Homestay: Countryside homestay is situated in Fagu among the Apple Orchard. Countryside Homestay boasts magnificent mountain and orchard views. Rooms have a small balcony, so you can enjoy stunning mountains and orchard views.
3. Club Mahindra Mashobra: Club Mahindra is one of the best resorts which is located amidst picturesque valleys as lush green landscapes. It offers big rooms with a private bathroom and sitting area. The cuisine is also the best here.
4. Woodville Palace: Woodville palace is one the best homestays in Shimla. It offers all luxurious amenities from private balcony to king sized beds and steam bath.
5. Agyaat Vaas: If you are looking for a comfortable stay in Shimla then you must book a room in Agyaat Vaas. This place offers delicious cuisine and you can also take part in cooking here. The bedrooms are very big with geysers, blankets, steam baths, personal wardrobes etc.
Which are the best homestays in Shimla?
1. Hilltop Homestay: This stay is situated at the site away from Mall Road's hustle-bustle. The home-stay exterior view provides endless views of the Himalayan mountains. Hilltop Homestay offers Premium Rooms with Washroom attached. The well-maintained rooms are fitted with a comfortable bed, luxurious bathroom, and many more amenities.
2. Treehouse: Treehouse provides magnificent views of green mountains and orchards. Shimla places to stay offers a wide choice for one to enjoy. One can also bring pets along. The rooms here are spacious and full of comfort.
3. Countryside Homestay: The homestay is situated in Fagu among the Apple Orchard. Rooms have a small balcony, so you can enjoy stunning mountains and orchard views.
4. Budget homestay: Budget homestay in Shimla is a beautifully decorated homestay that offers comfort to the guests. The rooms have decent interiors and the view of the valley is just magnificent. It offers all the basic amenities to the guests like hot water, fresh food, morning tea and a big sitting area to enjoy the evenings.
Which are the popular cottages for stay in Shimla?
1. Pine Cottage: Located on a hillside, and surrounded by a dense covering of oak and pine trees, the built stay blends beautifully with nature. The cottages are made of pine trees and pre-manufactured mud producing a rustic cottage atmosphere.
2. The Chalets: The Chalets Naldehra is a 4-star hotel with an Ayurvedic Massage and Spa center in Shimla. This property is situated 1 km from The Golf Course in Naldehra and 22 km from Shimla Railway Station. Guests can choose from 19 spacious rooms and cottages with views over the Shimla and Deodar Forest valley.
3. Snow King Retreat: The revolving restaurant offering a unique 180-degree view of the snow-clad Himalayas, the variety of accommodation options, and the quiet and serene environment makes Snow King Retreat an ideal destination for vacation lovers.
4. Silver Oak: Silver Oak Cottage is a beautiful property offering its patrons a pleasant stay. All the meals are available to guests on a chargeable basis. This Shimla homestay has three rooms, well fitted with amenities.
5. Woodvista cottage: The Woodvista cottage is an ultimate place to book your stay in. The place offers luxury at an affordable price and has a delicious cuisine that the visitors can enjoy. The big rooms offer maximum comfort and you can also bring your pets along after seeking permission from the owners.
What is the best time to visit Shimla?
March to June in the summer season is considered the best time to visit Shimla when the weather is pleasant and great for sightseeing. The temperature during this time varies between 25 -30 degrees. November to February in winters are considered by the tourists who want to enjoy snowfall when the temperatures here falls down to 1 degree.
Is Shimla worth visiting?
Shimla is a city that is away from the hustle and bustle of today’s life and offers a calm ambience to the tourists here. The beautiful Himalayas and the calm valley is just the right place to be in. If you want to run away from the tantrums of your fuzzy boss then Shimla places to stay are worth visiting for a refreshing break.
Which are the best places for camp stays in Shimla?
1. Camping Escapade: Bring along your friends and enjoy camping at this camping site. This is one of the most loved camps in Shimla where you can enjoy barbeques with chilled drinks and star blazed sky.
2. Camping With Waterfall Trekking: Rejuvenate your mind and body with the panoramic views from the campsite over the lush green Himalayan valleys. Have a fun camping experience with excellent lodging, where you will not encounter any trouble.
The kit helps you to go through a fun bonfire session with camp games as well as other adventure activities like trekking at the Waterfall.
3. Lap Of Nature: The campsite is nestled between Kufri and Chail, Shimla, in a veritable paradise filled with great natural beauty. Camps are spacious, elegant, as well as tastefully built camps that are embellished with vibrant colours keeping into account the requirements of modern, busy, moving professionals.
4. Forest Camping: Extraordinary holiday awaits you at an altitude of 5,200 feet, under starry nights and sunlit days—experience living next to mountain wildlife.
5. Mountain safari camp: If you are a trek lover and love to spend your holidays with adventure then this is the best place for you to stay in Shimla. The camp offers barbecues and luxury tents with clean bathrooms.
Which are the best resorts to stay in Shimla?
Let Us Get To Know About The Best Resorts Available In Shimla places to stay:
1. Radisson Shimla: Radisson Shimla offers you fantastic views that guarantee absolute relaxation and calmness. You can select from a range of rooms, including business classrooms, deluxe rooms, deluxe suites, and executive suites. All these rooms have several high-end services and thus making it one of Shimla's best resorts.
2. Woodsmoke Resort: As a luxury hotel, Woodsmoke Resort and Spa is one of Shimla's best resorts, and is the ideal place to experience the freshness of the pineapple and the fans.
3. Snow Valley Resort: Snow Valley Resort is one of the largest central air-conditioned hotels in Shimla. It provides all modern facilities and breath-taking views of the magnificent mountains and the ancient pine trees. This resort offers an unprecedented blend of comforts and entertainment.
4. Shimla Havens: Shimla Havens is undoubtedly the most suitable location for someone looking to rejuvenate themselves for a great escape away destination. Three words are defining this resort-Pleasure, Peace, and Party!
Which are the best 5 star resorts in Shimla?
Along with some genuinely fantastic tourist places, Shimla houses some of Himachal Pradesh's most beautiful resorts in great locations.
Here Are The Best Places to stay in Shimla:
1. The Oberoi: Since the British Raj, there has been the Oberoi Cecil, Shimla, right there. It is considered as the best resort for Shimla places to stay. It offers a fireplace in each bedroom with extra blankets and king sized beds. You can ask for your favourite food and ask for participation in the kitchen too.
2. Royal Shimla: Royal Shimla is a cosy, intimate resort where the Queen of Hill Stations enjoys the beauty and elegance of the colonial period. Rooms here are spacious and offer breath-taking views of the Shimla mountains and valleys.
3. Taj Theog Resort: Taj Theog Resort & Spa Shimla provides free parking in the restaurants, a bar with garden facilities in Shimla, and 28 km from Mall Road it is easy to reach here. This hotel also offers free WiFi throughout the building, and room service and concierge service.
4. The Clarkes: Clarkes Hotel has a Heritage Grand ranking, as one of the oldest hotels in Shimla, with architecture dating from the colonial period. The hotel has a conference hall, complete with modern facilities for up to 100 guests. Room service, laundry service, currency exchange, tour desk, and leisure activities such as Table Tennis, Badminton, and a Basketball court are also available.
5. Wildflower resort: The wildflower resort is known for its hospitality. It offers a big bar where some of the finest wines are served. The interiors of this resort are beautiful and the chandeliers give a royal look. The rooms are designed while keeping luxury in mind and the food is lip smacking.
Is Shimla safe for couples?
Shimla is one of the most loved destinations by couples in India. It is an extremely safe and sound place. The beautiful landscapes and markets make it a must visit place with your loved one.