Parasailing ThailandIf you are a water-sports enthusiast, then parasailing in Thailand should definitely be on the top of your bucket list. Travel enthusiasts across the globe visit this place to enjoy the popular Thailand parasailing. It is a great way to enjoy the glances of unique beaches as well as get an adrenaline rush flowing through your veins. Thailand has a plethora of beaches and islands, you can go down to any beach any day of the week and you will find countless multi-colored parachutes sailing across the bay, tied to a speedboat.
Patong beach and Pattaya beach are the most popular destinations for parasailing. If you are looking for a peaceful day along with indulging in parasailing activity then you can also visit Jomtien beach. If you are on a vacation with your partner then do try this activity at Lipa Noi Beach as it offers the most beautiful backdrops. Being a popular beach destination, you can also indulge in other water activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving in Thailand.
People Also Ask About Parasailing in Thailand
Which are the best places for Parasailing in Thailand?
1. Pattaya Beach - Pattaya beach is one of the most renowned spots for parasailing in Thailand. With a 4 kilometers long crescent-shaped coastline, Pattaya beach gets numerous tourists and water sports enthusiasts every year from all over the world. Pattaya beach is a watersports hub during the daytime and an awesome party place by night, so it is quite an attraction to the visitors. It has three parts - North Pattaya, is the most peaceful out of the lot with top quality bars and restaurants. Central and South on the other hand, are the party hubs of the beach.
Location - Pattaya City, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150, Thailand
2. Jomtien Beach - If you are looking for an isolated and peaceful place to hangout at, Jomtien beach is just for you. It embraces the Thai culture but isn’t a lot commercialised, so it isn’t very crowded. The accommodation and food here is comparatively cheaper than other places. It gives a serene ambience to the travel enthusiasts looking to enjoy parasailing and windsurfing in silence.
Location - Bang Lamung, Chon Buri
3. Lipa Noi Beach - Located in Koh Samui, Lipa Noi beach is yet another famous location for parasailing in Thailand. It is majorly famous for couple parasailing where two people can enjoy the flight together over the sea. It is a great way to enjoy the surreal beauty of neighbouring islands and Koh Samui. If you are on your honeymoon and want to enjoy Thailand parasailing with your spouse, then you must add this place to your to-do list.
Location - Ko Samui District, Surat Thani, Thailand
4. Patong Beach - Patong beach is the most popular and touristy place of Phuket. This amazing beach is lined up with fabulous cafes and dazzling bars. The shore is packed up with jet skis and motorboats taking people for parasailing. To make the best of your time, you can enjoy water sports during the day, glance at the breathtaking sunset in the evening and go to tranquil dance clubs at night. The beach gets crowded during the peak season, so if you wish to experience Thailand parasailing, go early in the morning when there is no rush and scorching sun above your head.
Location - Patong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, Thailand
5. Kata Beach - If you go to Thailand with your family and can't wait to enjoy water sports, then Kata Beach in Phuket is an incredible family destination. Mesmerising beauty of this 1.5 kilometers long beach along with all-season pleasant weather, this beach has a way in itself. The opaque blue shade of ocean mixing with the white sand, with tropical trees over your head providing the much needed relief from the bright sun and also, from all your worries. Scuba diving, parasailing, surfing are also some of the water sports you can enjoy here.
Location – West coast on the island of Phuket.
Timings – Open 24 hours.
6. Karon Beach - Overlooking the Andaman Sea, Karon is one of the longest beaches on this island with 5 kilometers of fine white sand beneath your feet and absolute awe in front of your eyes. With a variety of mid-range and luxurious resorts, keep this beach definitely on top of your list if you’re a fan of mouth-watering delicious seafood. If you want to experience an authentic Thai massage, there are stalls on the beach itself for your comfort. Parasailing plus other sports activities like Paddle-boarding, Kayaking, Snorkelling, are the USPs of this beach with added flavour of beauty and comfort.
Location – Beach in Karon (west coast of Thailand)
Timings - Open 24-hours
7. Coral Island - With crystal clear water, extensive coral reefs, Coral Island (Koh Larn) is a veritable paradise. Coral Island caters to island adventurers as well as those looking to unwind. This island offers a change of surroundings from the busy streets of Pattaya – “Tranquillity” is a word I would use to describe this destination. Best experiences of this beach include Parasailing, taking a glass bottom boat ride to marvel at the sea urchins travelling the underwater world, or just quietly sinking your toes in white sand and working on getting that perfect sun tan.
Location – Ban Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150
8. Ao Nang Beach - Ao Nang is Krabi's vibrant tourist centre. Offering picturesque scenery, a plethora of outdoor activities and accommodation to suit all budgets, Ao Nang is a destination for both adventurers and those looking for a relaxing romantic getaway. Make sure your camera batteries are charged, almost every frame here is a photo opportunity. From Krabi International Airport, Ao Nang is a 20 minute taxi ride away, which in turn acts as a gateway as you can explore nearby islands like Koh Kai, Ko Lanta and Koh Phi Phi, which can be accessed by ferry. If you wish to go for exhilarating Thailand parasailing as a couple, then Ao Nang beach caters to it.
Location - Mueang, Krabi, Thailand
9. Hua Hin - Hua Hin has emerged as one of Thailand’s most popular beach holiday destinations since the 1920s. Aided by strong north-easterly winds, Hua Hin is renowned for parasailing and windsurfing.The seas are warm throughout the year as it is located on the gulf of Thailand, so the wind currents and water are favorable for water sports. With picturesque views and affordable prices with top-class services, you will have an exhilarating experience rushing through the cool air.
Location - Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand
Suggested Read: Beaches in Thailand
Resorts in Thailand
What is the best time for Parasailing in Thailand?
The weather in Thailand varies throughout the country, so it welcomes tourists all year around. The suitable time for Parasailing in Thailand is in the winter season from November to February when the weather is favorable on both land and water. Especially in the months between October and April, the weather is sunny and wind currents are ideal for parasailing.
Checkout & Book Now: Phuket Tour Package
How much does parasailing cost in Thailand?
Parasailing in Thailand is one of the cheapest water sports available here. It can go from as low as 500 Thai Bahts for one person for around 15-20 minutes to as high as 2000 Thai Bahts for longer duration.
Also Visit: Temples in Thailand
What are the important things to remember while parasailing in Thailand?
- You might not be able to feel the heat while parasailing but always put sunscreen beforehand to avoid severe sun burns.
- Life jackets are an absolute necessity. Please make sure to get them
- You should also have your harness checked properly by the guide to avoid the risk of getting injured.
- When coming back to land keep your legs straight out like you are sitting on a boat, so that landing does not give a jerk to your legs.
- Don't carry anything that isn’t waterproof during the sail.
Suggested Read: Things to Do in Thailand
What kind of clothes should be worn for parasailing in Thailand?
It is highly recommended to wear comfortable and bodyfit swimwear while parasailing in Thailand. Before taking you to a parasailing location, instructors dip you in water to address your nervousness of getting into water and getting you comfortable, so loose fitted clothes will not be very helpful for that. The clothes should also be dry fit and lightweight so that they dry quickly once you are soaked in water.
Planning A Trip To Thailand, Checkout & Book Now: Thailand Tour Packages