If you are wondering about some of the best Thailand Adventure Sports, then you can try your hands at wakeboarding to experience the electric waves on the beach, skydiving to test your guts in the freefall, and surfing to witness the turquoise waters and the shiny beaches of Thailand. Many tourists choose to indulge in mountain biking activities to explore the unexplored side of Thailand which is again filled with adventure amidst nature.
People Also Ask About Adventure in Thailand
Which are the best adventure sports to try in Thailand?
1. White Water Rafting: A fan of extreme water sports? Take a raft with your group of friends or family and jump in the mighty rivers of Thailand for a white water rafting ride to test the real adventure in Thailand. A lot of people might not know that there are a number of spots in Thailand where you can go for white water rafting. You can opt for a tour including camping, rafting, and trekking in the wilderness of northern Thailand. The local operators run these rafting camps all year. Pai, Chumpon, Chiang Mai are some of the major destinations in northern Thailand where you can have a thrilling ride full of adventure.
Location: 21/22 Soi 2 Thorakamanakom Muang Chiang Mai Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand
Timing: 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
2. Scuba Diving with Whale Sharks: If you are an underwater enthusiast, explore the sea kingdom and beautiful marine life on the Surin Islands. You can dive in with Whale Sharks, the largest extant sharks on the planet that are rarely seen in Richelieu Rock here. Floating beside this wonderful underwater beast gives adrenaline high and makes it the most sought after adventure in Thailand. You can go for this unique experience after a compulsory session on underwater and diving instructions. It is an ideal dive to counter your fear of these creatures as they merely acknowledge your presence in the sea.
Location: 269/24 Patak Road, Karon Beach, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
Timing: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
3. Kiteboarding: It is impossible to ignore sea activity while you are in Thailand. A full round of Kiteboarding along the shiny coasts on a sunny afternoon is as refreshing as it seems. Enjoy boarding on the wavy blue sea of Thailand being pulled by a giant glider. Pattaya Beach and Phuket beaches are filled with numerous kiteboarding opportunities where you may look for different options in budget. The ideal time to go Kiteboarding adventure in Thailand is from November to March as the weather is quite pleasant and sunny there.
Location: Koh Phangan, 19, Ban Tai, Thong Sala, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
Timing: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
4. Rock Climbing : Thailand is considered to be an absolute heaven for rock climbing. From Man-made climbing walls to natural cliffs, you can try your hands on measuring heights indulging in some of the Adventure Sports in Thailand. Islands like Ton Sai and Railey are perfect destinations for climbing the stone hills with different difficulty levels. Once more, the courses differ in stature and you can either get a professional to help you out for the climb or you can likewise lease all the tools.
Location: 116 Moo 5 T. Saithai, Ao Nang, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi, Thailand
Timing: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
5. Wakeboarding : Being one of the most fascinating Adventure Sports in Thailand, it is the fastest-growing water activity in the country. With the overwhelming acceptance of wakeboarding by both tourists and locals, New adventure parks are established in Thailand that are focused on this water sport. However, in these parks, wakeboarding is done just by rotating cables above the pools. If you dare to experience some real-life action, visit Pattaya or Phuket and enjoy wakeboarding in the vast seas of Thailand. You can also experience the electric wakes on the beach which is a unique adventure in itself. Practice your luck to balance perfectly on the tides before they swallow you in for a plunge.
Location: 58 ??? 3 Nong Pla Lai, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150, Thailand
6. Flight of the Gibbon : Ziplining from one treetop to the next feels like a bird crossing through the wild. You will get to enjoy multi-day tours for ziplining, trekking, and other Jungle Adventure Sports in Thailand for their guests. The dense green forest here is an escape from the city rush. All you have to do is to take your clothes with you and leave your spirit free in these recreational hubs. You can also opt for the level of height you want to do ziplining on according to your comfort.
Location: 106 Village, No.3, Huai Kaeo, Mae On District, Chiang Mai 50130, Thailand
7. Skydiving : If you want to take this to the whole next level, Dive from 10,000 feet above the ground with just your pumping heart and a parachute. The options can be found in every major city including Bangkok and Pattaya. Watching Thailand while jumping from the sky is something every adventure sport lover would wish to try at least once in his life.
Location: Thai Sky Adventures - Skydive, Pattaya, Thailand, Sriracha, Pattaya, Chon Buri 20230, Thailand
Timing: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
8. Surfing : If you visit Thailand then it becomes an unspoken ritual to go for a surfing ride at least once during your stay. The turquoise waters and the shiny beaches of Thailand are huge attractions for surfers visiting Thailand. The waves in the sea in Thailand are enough to entertain every surfer. You can enjoy a decent ride on Nai Harn, Khao Lak north of Phuket, Kalim, and Kata. If you want a perfect Wave experience for enjoying some of the thrilling adventure sports in Thailand, you can try the wave pools in Bangkok specially built to provide exotic surfing.
Location: 108/3 Srisoonthorn Rd, ???? cherngtalay, Thalang District, Phuket 83110, Thailand
Timing: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
9. Mountain Biking: One of the best ways to explore the real hidden beauty of Thailand is Mountain Biking. It is a pleasant nature retreat to short trails through the hills and forests. Chiang Mai is a perfect biking destination for enthusiasts. The biking trails in Chiang Mai are full of adventure, peace, and nature. A long ride through the countryside and lakes rejuvenate the mind and body from the rush of the city. Although Chiang Mai is most trusted for mountain biking in Thailand, you can go for a bike ride anywhere in the country. All you need to do is to research and decide a suitable route for your journey.
Location: 92, 1-2 Sridonchai Rd, Tambon Chang Khlan, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
Timing: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
10. Bungy Jumping : Now is the time to leave everything above and jump in the serenity of Thailand. Yes, We are talking about the Bungy Jumping experience in Thailand. You can either jump alone or can take your partner along with you. The most famous is The Pattaya Bungy Jump where highly experienced jump masters will guide you in doing a safe Bungy jump. The heights of the jumps go up to 60 meters. The chill you get down the spine while the free fall seems totally worth it when you watch your jump on the big screen afterward.
Location: 380 105 ??? 9 Muang Pattaya, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150, Thailand
Timing: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Which are the best water sports to do in Thailand?
1. Scuba Diving : Scuba Diving is considered to be one of the most sought after adventure sports in Thailand. You will find a majority of the country’s coastline is surrounded by beautiful coral reefs and this attracts divers from all over the world. You will get to dive deep into the seabed to witness the alluring coral formation as well as many other fish species.
2. Wakeboarding : Wakeboarding is one of the highly emerging water sports in Bangkok. Take hold of that rope behind a speedboat, mount on a board, and surf behind the boat. In case you can't track down a reasonable spot for Bangkok water sports, then, at that point head to Thai Wake Park close to the city.
3. Kite Surfing : This new water sport is the extreme version of wakeboarding in Thailand. A giant kite flying high in the sky and you are messing with the sea on your board. You can even learn kite surfing here at numerous Kite surfing schools in just three days.
4. Parasailing : A parasailing experience on the blue sea takes you on a ride of the beauty of Thailand to experience the sky. This excursion is an affordable ride to embrace the heavenly coastline of the country. You will get a splash in the water when the winds stop and fly back above when it flows again. It is one of the must try activities in Thailand that you must not miss out on.
How much does Thailand skydiving cost?
Skydiving in Thailand depends on the package the tourist chooses. However, they start at 10,950 baht per person which involves flight up to the height of 13000 feet and 5000 feet drop. After this there is slow and steady parachute drift back to the base.
What should I wear to Thailand scuba diving?
Scuba diving is an extreme sport which has a lot of movements. Tourists should wear swimwear or wetsuits which allow body movement. Leggings and bodysuits are perfect for maintaining body temperature which allows you to explore more of marine life.
Is there a weight limit for Thailand skydiving?
Skydiving is an extreme Thailand adventure sport and therefore to have an interruption free fall, most skydiving organisations in Thailand have a weight limit of 200-250 pounds for men and women. This involves safety measures for a safe ride.
What is the best time to visit Thailand?
The best time to visit Thailand is during the dry seasons from November to April, the temperatures are generally cool and allow tourists to enjoy most attractions, beach activities, and exciting Thailand adventure sports.
What is Thailand famous for?
Thailand is a very famous south eastern country, and a popular tourist destination for its rich culture and cuisine, extravagant and splendid beaches, abundance of wildlife and lush green forests, Buddhist temples and an extremely engaging and lively nightlife. Thailand is called the land of the free, and has very cool history and heritage highlights in many of its tourist locations. Elephants are the most common animal found here, and tourists can visit many sanctuaries dedicated to their care. Tourists can also indulge in the thrilling Thailand adventure sports for a quick adrenaline rush.
How to reach Thailand?
- By Flights: The most common way to reach Thailand is by taking flights. Suvarnabhumi Airport happens to be the major airport that handles all the international traffic into Thailand.
- By Ships: Tourists can board ships from Singapore. Tourists mainly use ships to reach Thailand from Asian countries.