Wat Long Khun also known as Long Khoun is the Monastary of Happy or Blessed Song also popular as the Monastery of the Willow Stream has been sited attractively on a 1.5 hectare flat area on top of a stairway leading to the right bank of River Mekong nearly directly across the river from the Wat Xieng Thong. An original meditation room that was previously used by the kings is still intact inside with the living quarters of the monks built in the model of a traditional wooden outhouse.
The entrance into the 1937 portico can be seen to be guarded by 2 huge Chinese statues with an entire porch supported by elegant eight black and gold columns that are topped with the lotus petals. The temple features deities and variety of other carvings and statues including red ceiling with the dharma wheels, artful peacocks and other mythical creatures stenciled intricately. It opens daily from 08:00 to 17:00. The charges for entrance are about $1US. The temple can be reached by boat.