Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Ask a Question
What You Should Know More About Hawaii
Make sure you have all the travel documents in place, have an international licence, and book the rentals in advance.
• Hawaii is known for its picturesque beauty. Do not litter any place. Take your shoes off when entering homes.
• Pick pocketing and bag snatching is common in crowded areas. Protect your belongings when in public and crowded places.
• Do not accept help from strangers on the road.
• Do not leave your valuables in the car that you hire.
• Women must take care of their safety when travelling alone, as this country is high on sexual harassment cases for women.
• Most of the cafés and restaurants in Hawaii may not have a Wi-Fi hotspot where you can connect to the internet easily.
• You are prohibited from smoking in public areas, public transportations, eating joints, clubs, bars, and cafés.
• Do not wear shorts in public places or walk home alone in the dark.
• Learn greeting in their local language. Geckos are a common to spot. Do not scream when you see one.
• Do not get involved in any illegal activities like drugs, as the penalties are grievous in Spain.
• People do let other in and outside even in traffic, this is one of the customs of this island.
• Apart from visiting cities, also visit the countryside towns and villages for sightseeing and tourist activities.
The legal age of drinking in Hawaii is 21 years of age.
Nature, parks, beaches
The Hawaii Volcanoes National Park has plantations of coffee beans and macadamian nuts. The Kailua-Kona is a busy region and has many volcanic passes. Oahu is one of the most urban and developed islands of Hawaii cluster. It has Waikiki beach that is one of the most popular tourist destinations. It is covered with pineapple fields, and is a shore to larger waves. Maui island is a popular wedding destination amidst the turquoise waters and Maui mountains. The roads are beautiful and there are many resort areas in this part of Hawaii. Kauai is marked as one of the seven natural wonders of the world for its picturesque beauty. Molokai is an island chain and least developed islands. Lanai has largest pineapple plantations.
Niihau is a private island. You can take ATV tours, helicopter rides, and go on hunting in this part of the island. Na Pali Coast Wilderness State Park is great for trekking and hiking trails. The Papohaku Beach has palm trees and soft sands. This is a good beach for surfing. Pi?ilanihale Heiau & Kahanu Garden is a 294 acres botanical garden and has one of the largest temples in Polynesia. Waipi?o Valley Lookout has jaw dropping landscape. Moloka?i Forest Reserve has fragrant sandalwood trees. Lydgate Beach Park has pavilions, playgrounds, outdoor showers, and many other recreational activities. Kailua Beach Park has calm waters and is good for swimming.
Museums and churches
Pacific Tsunami Museum has complete information about Japanese Tsunami. St Joseph’s Church is a one room church from the 18th century. Kaua?i's Hindu Monastery has statues of Hindu Deities, Lord Ganesha and Lord Nandi. Bishop Museum in honululu depicts the natural history exhibits found from the times of 18th century till date.
Beaches and water sports activities
Most of the tourists visit this place as a wedding, honeymoon, or sightseeing destinations. These islands offer umpteen options for adventure and water sports activities. Carry your resort wear and do respect the local traditions and culture of this place.
Website: Official Website
Forum: Official Forum
Hawaii by James A. Michener and Steve Berry