Heritage Walk Mumbai Highlights
- Explore the golden highlights of the city by visiting the most famous heritage places.
- Get assisted by the guide cum storyteller who unfolds the hidden secrets of the city with you.
- Feel delightful as you learn about the cultural and traditional history of your great heritage.
- Capture the beautiful moments as you continue your walk amidst the scenic landscapes.
- Rejuvenate with the serene environment at the Marine Beach where you end your exciting trip.
Heritage Walk Mumbai Overview
Deciding on a walking tour in Mumbai will never be a regretful decision as it is a perfect spot blessed with a rich and prominent historical culture of the location and undergo the important ancient spots of the location. With beautiful landscapes and scenic beauty around, a modern lifestyle, and a wide set of historical monuments, Mumbai never fails in refreshing your spirit to the supreme level.
This walk takes you into the heart of the old ‘Fort’. starting from the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus. The series of destinations you will be visiting include White Town, DN Road, Flora Fountain, Oval Maidan where in a great phalanx lie the Old Secretariat, University Library and Convocation Hall, High Court building, the old PWD building, and Telegraph Department. These are genuinely imperial visions like a fleet of massive stone battleships, monolithic, awe-inspiring and supremely self-confident. As a group, they coalesce to form an impressively romantic skyline and they bequeathed an identity and style to the city that is unique to Mumbai. End your trip by relaxing at Marine Beach listening to the chirping birds and staring at those water waves.
About the activity-
- Start Point- Capitol Theatre, Opp. Victoria Terminus(Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus)
- End Point- Marine Drive
- Timings- 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM or 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM
- Reach the destination according to the given time to start your exciting trip.
- Begin the walk at F.W.Steven’s gothic masterpiece, the grand Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus also known as the Victoria Terminus.
- Explore the ‘White Town’ or the European half of the old town that existed within the Fort walls.
- The journey starts with the D.N.Road, also called the Heritage Mile of Mumbai, while admiring one of the oldest parts of the city(almost as old as the city itself) which even today is the reminiscence of its colonial past and makes its way to the ornate Flora Fountain.
- You will be assisted with a professional guide who will unfold the hidden secrets of the city in both English and Hindi language.
- Here, take a minute to soak in the atmosphere of one of the busiest precincts of Mumbai.
- Next, just a hop, skip and jump away lies the historic art district of Kala Ghoda with its many Gothic buildings and numerous art galleries creating a charm that is unmatched in Mumbai.
- Move onto the next destinations including Oval Maidan where in a great phalanx lie the Old Secretariat, University Library and Convocation Hall, High Court building, the old PWD building, and Telegraph Department.
- Finally, take Veer Nariman Road (the former Churchgate Street) down to Marine Drive to enjoy a fantastic view of the Art Deco Skyline that has become an identity of Mumbai the world over.
- End your trip with pockets filled with lots of memories and a camera filled with lots of captured pictures.
Select Package Option
Heritage Walk Mumbai
More Details about Heritage Walk Mumbai
Know Before You Go for Heritage Walk Mumbai
- Those opting for this tour should be available at the starting point before 15 minutes of starting the tour as this is a group tour and you may be accompanied by other people.
- Please obey the instructions of the guide so that the timing of the tour shouldn’t be disturbed.
- Please keep the surroundings clean.
- Patience will be appreciated in any unforeseen weather conditions.
- Participants are not allowed to carry any sharp object, lighter, luggage bag, alcohol, knife, etc.
- Avoid consuming heavy food or alcoholic beverages before and after the activity.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival. PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof.
- Guidelines issued by the respective State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of masks recommended.
- Any breakage or damage of any items will be charged at actuals.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
Things To Carry for Heritage Walk Mumbai
- Water bottle
- Extra pair of socks
- Walking shoes