Paragliding in India
People Also Ask About Paragliding in India
What are the best places for Paragliding in India?
1. Bir - Billing, Himachal Pradesh: Bir is a delightful picturesque small town that is suitable for Paragliding in India because of its visual splendour and natural geological formations, such as valleys and lush green slopes! Depending on your preferences, you can take a long flight of up to 30 minutes or a shorter journey of roughly 15 minutes.
The equipment utilised for this trip in Himachal Pradesh undergoes stringent safety testing, and the expedition is led by a team of carefully picked professionals. It's one of the best places in Himachal Pradesh to go paragliding from an altitude of 8000 feet. So, if you want to experience the thrill of paragliding in a beautiful location like Bir Billing, it will be even more memorable.
Location: Chougan Landing Site Road Mr. Praveen Kumar, HP Paragliding Office, Bir Colony, Himachal Pradesh 176077
Timings: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
2. Bhimtal, Nainital: Bhimtal, located in the Kumaon Mountains, is a beautiful place with little lakes and deodar trees. If you want to enjoy the thrill of soaring like a bird during the winter, Paragliding in India is a great way to see the beauty of this snow-covered country.
This arrangement is encased in thick greenery and emphasises the aroma of blooming flowers with a wonderful blend of gusty fresh air. Flying freely into the open sky of Uttarakhand and enjoying the aerial view of the gorgeous Bhimtal valley will let you forget about your concerns. Bhimtal's finest paragliding seasons are March to June and September to December.
Location: Bhimtal, Uttarakhand
Price: INR 1,450 per adult
Timings: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
3. Panchgani, Maharashtra: Paragliding in Panchgani for Maharashtrians is an exciting activity that allows you to get mesmerizing views of the area and you'll literally feel like a bird. It is one of the best places to go for adventure activities because you can gaze at the panoramic views that surround the area.
Panchgani is located at an elevation of 4500 feet, and because of the ridge lift and the terrain, one may easily log in to around 2 hours of flying. The city's ever-so-fresh vegetation, stunning vistas, favourable winds, and incredible elevation of 1035 metres above sea level make it a dream for everyone who wants to experience paragliding.
Location: Sydney Point, Wai-Panchgani Road, Panchgani 412 805, MH, India
Price: INR 2700 Per Adult
4. Nandi Hills, Karnataka: Nandi Hills for Karnataka people is an excellent location for a variety of adventure activities, the most popular of which is Paragliding in India. Flying like a bird at a height of 4581 feet above sea level is an unforgettable experience, and some trainers recommend Nandi Hills because of the ideal terrain required for the activity. It provides an unrivalled burst of adrenaline. A brilliant runway will take you to Bangalore's Hebbal lake while paragliding here.
Location: Nandi Hills, Bangalore
Price: INR 2299 Per adult
Timings: 06:30 AM to 06:00 PM
5. Kamshet, Maharashtra: Paragliding in Kamshet for Maharashtrians is becoming increasingly popular, and if you're planning a holiday here, this is the place to be. You'll be able to glide over breathtaking mountains, adorable tiny wooden buildings, picturesque valleys, the Indrayani River, and the spectacular Pavana Lake when paragliding here.
While literally developing wings is not possible, you can experience the same exhilaration by paragliding. Feel the surge of adrenaline and the thrill of flight once the paraglider is launched into the air.
Location: Beside Rangoli Pure Veg ,Kamshet, Kamshet, Maharashtra 410405
Price: INR 1800- INR 3000 Per Adult
Timings: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
6. Gangtok, Sikkim: If you're tight on cash or can't travel far but still want to partake in this thrilling paragliding adventure, Gangtok is the place to go for all Sikkim people! Tandem gliding is available in two types in the city, medium fly and high fly. In contrast to the Medium Fly, you may enjoy a 20 to 30 minute flight in the High Fly.
Paragliding in India is best done between the months of March and June and September and November. The temperature is good at this time of year, and the sky is clear for the most part.
Location: Sikkim Paragliding Adventure Sports Co-Operative Society Ltd., Gangtok, Sikkim 737103
Price: INR 2500 Per Adult
Timings: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
7. Vagamon, Kerala: Take advantage of the opportunity to fly like a bird in the middle of Vagamon's blue skies and lush vegetation of Kerala. The paragliding places in India like Vagamon offer the greatest services in this area and prioritise your safety. It may appear frightening at first, but once you lift off, your adrenaline levels skyrocket, allowing you to enjoy this thrilling trip.
It makes you want to return and relive the entire experience. Glider pilots from all over the world flock to the big green meadow on the Kolahalamedu hills. Paragliding for 20 minutes will cost roughly Rs. 3,500 per person.
Location: Suicide point, Amreuthamedu, Vagamon, Kerala 686503
Price: INR 3500 Per Adult
Timings: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
8. Ranikhet, Uttarakhand: Outdoor recreational activities in Uttarakhand are unquestionably a fantastic way to energise your holiday getaway. It becomes even more interesting and thrilling when it comes to some of the best paragliding places in India like Ranikhet. Fly across high-altitude mountains, rich green forests, gushing waterfalls, or a unique scenery for an unforgettable spectacular experience. From March to June, Ranikhet is a delightful summer retreat. Ranikhet's cool and pleasant climate is ideal for escaping the sweltering heat.
Location: Wildrift Ranikhet Paragliding Camp, Ranikhet
Price: INR 3000 Per Person
9. Shillong, Meghalaya: Shillong is one of the most popular paragliding places in India, especially in the north eastern region. So, take a flight over a waterfall cascading down from the roadside mountains, complete with the scent of pine trees, lush green greenery, and orchid blossoms. Adventurers can visit this fantastic location to have the best paragliding experience in a beautiful setting.
Shillong attracts many visitors due to its pleasant environment, mouthwatering native cuisine, and adventurous sports such as trekking through lush forests and paragliding. Shillong receives a modest temperature rise, and with a clear sky and a nice breeze, it becomes one of India's most popular paragliding destinations.
Location: Meghalaya 793150
Price: INR 2000 Per Adult
Timings: 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
10. Arambol, Goa: Goa happens to be one of the most suitable holiday spots in the country, whether you are seeking for fun and adventure on land, water, or in the air. Once you've completed all of the safety procedures, experience this exciting 15-minute trip above the scenic Arambol Beach, witnessing its enticing beauty from a bird's eye view, as well as the gorgeous water bodies that surround the beach. Land on the ground after a lovely and intriguing flight to complete an exciting paragliding adventure in Arambol.
Location: Pernem keri, Talavada, Goa 403524
Price: INR 3000 Per Person
Timings: 1:00 PM - 6;00 PM
11. Mussoorie, Uttarakhand: Paragliding in Mussoorie is ideal for those Uttarakhand people who want to take in the uninterrupted view of the Himalayas and the flowering greenery. You don't need any specific skills or prior experience; all you have to do is sit back and relax while your paragliding pilot takes you on the most incredible journey of your life.
The pilots and other support personnel are highly qualified and experienced professionals who place a premium on your safety. Mussoorie is a one-of-a-kind paragliding destination for Indians and tourists alike, as it presents hurdles to test your nerves when it comes to hanging out in the skies.
Location: Mussoorie Jheel, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001
Price: INR 1500 Per Head
Timings: INR 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
12. Satpura, Gujrat: Satpura is one of the most renowned places in India for paragliding. This place has been calling out individuals from Gujarat who would love to enjoy adventure sports and the rush of adrenaline coursing through their veins.
Indulging in the paragliding activity, you will be flying in the skies talking to greater heights of the famous Pavagadh hill in the Panchmahal area. You will also be able to capture picture perfect views of the surroundings.
Location: Airstrip, Pachmarhi, Madhya Pradesh 461881
Price: INR 3000 – INR 5000 Per Adult
Timings: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
13. Solang Valley, Himachal Pradesh: Solang Valley requires no introduction because it is Manali's most well-known location for adventure sports and especially paragliding. The vista is breathtaking, and the area is relatively undeveloped. Another reason why many adventure seekers of Himachal Pradesh flock to Manali for paragliding is because of this. For some, the broad green expanse is enough to get their heart pumping as they prepare for their exhilarating journey.
Location: Solang Valley, Burwa, Himachal Pradesh 175103
Price: INR 600 to 1800 Per Adult
Timings: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
14. Yelagiri, Tamil Nadu: Yelagiri is a beautiful hill station in Southeast India that is also a popular destination for trekkers and campers of Tamil Nadu. You can enjoy paragliding here because it is easy to do so due to the pleasant weather. You can go tandem with an instructor if you are a beginner. The picturesque hill station is sparsely populated, making it ideal for a weekend retreat where one may enjoy the awe-inspiring scenery.
Price: INR 3999 Per Adult
Which are the best places for Paragliding in Himachal Pradesh?
1. Bir Billing: Bir Billing is considered to be one of the best places in Himachal Pradesh for paragliding. Located close to Dharamsala, this place has been the host of the first paragliding world cup in the year 2015. Bir Billing is home to some of the breathtaking landscapes and this makes paragliding a must try during your visit. You will get to capture scenic views of the Himachali tribal villages as well as some thrilling trails.
2. Solang Valley: Solang Valley can be synonymous with something that is enchantingly beautiful and filled with thrill. This picturesque valley gets a thick green forest cover as well as a white sheet of icy blanket in the winters making it a dream come true place for nature lovers and thrill seekers. This is a popular summer and winter tourist destination for tourists wishing to indulge in some adventure activities.
3. Kullu: The snow-capped mountains of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges of the Himalayas may be seen from Kullu. The pilot lifts off from a high altitude and then embarks on a magnificent voyage. It'll be one of those life-changing experiences where you can hear your own breathing and float through the air like a bird, and paragliding is a must-try adventure to opt for in Kullu.
4. Khajjiar: Fly like a bird over the Dhauladhars' lush slopes, Khajjiar's captivating meadows and lakes. Take off from a height of 2100 metres for panoramic views of the landscape and to fly across Cedar and Pine trees. View the valleys, Deodar, Pine forests, Meadows, and Lakes from a bird's eye perspective. This 20 mins of super fun adventure is something you're gonna remember forever!
5. Barot: Barot valley is a very beautiful tourist place and the greenery of this place is beyond anyone’s expectations. This trip plan is absolutely perfect for those who need adventure and relaxation altogether. So, what are you waiting for? Go fulfill your dream of having wings!
6. Dalhousie: Paragliding in Dalhousie is one of the most popular adventurous activities. Tourists will be able to explore the chain of Pir Panjal Mountains that encircle the area, creating a stunning panorama and a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
What are the best places for paragliding in Uttarakhand?
1. Rishikesh: Rishikesh is termed as the Yoga capital of India as well as it is known for being home to some of the adventure getaways, ancient places of worship, and popular cafes. You can indulge in paragliding activities to capture the spectacular viewpoints from a great height. You will surely fall in love with the picture perfect views of the holy Ganges as well as Himalayan mountain ranges.
2. Mussoorie: Mussoorie is considered to be one of the best hill stations in India and is most popularly termed as the queen of the hills. Taking a paragliding ride in Mussoorie, you will be able to capture the scenic backdrop of Shivalik ranges, doon valley, and much more. The pleasant climatic condition and picture perfect views will surely tranquilise your soul.
3. Nainital: Nainital, the city of lakes, happens to be a charming hill station that is situated at the foothill of the pristine Kumaon mountain ranges. Paragliding at an elevation of 1938 meters above the sea level, you will be able to enjoy the best of nature with your loved ones on the weekends.
4. Mukteshwar: This is one of the greatest sites in India to attempt paragliding since professional guiding assures a smooth, safe glide above Mukteshwar's beautiful flora. It not only gives you a feeling of euphoria, exhilaration, and a high adrenaline rush, but it also gives you a sense of relaxation and satisfaction altogether.
5. Pithoragarh: Pithoragarh is located in Uttaranchal's eastern region and is known as "Little Kashmir" due to its stunning natural beauty. Paragliding is available here, and you can be trained by specialists for a smooth and safe flight over the mountains and lush flora.
Is Paragliding Safe in India?
Yes, Paragliding is a very safe activity to try out in India. The complete paragliding activity is handled by professionals who take all necessary safety precautions in order for a smooth experience. There is nothing to worry about during the activity as you will be offered with introductory lessons as well as proper gears.
How much does paragliding cost in Nandi hills?
The cost for parasailing in Nandi Hills would roughly be around 1,500 rupees per head. In this pricing, you will be provided with an introductory lesson by the certified gliders and you will also be provided with all the necessary gears as well.
Which destination is known as the paragliding capital of India?
Bir Billing in Himachal Pradesh is popularly known as the capital of paragliding in India. It's one of the best places for paragliding in India from an altitude of 8000 feet. You will be able to capture scenic views of nature all around during your paragliding activity.
What is the cost of paragliding in Goa?
On an average, the paragliding cost in Goa starts around rupees 3,000 per head for an hour. Meanwhile, tourists can also opt for 15-20 mins of the activity at a cheaper rate.
What is the cost of paragliding in Bir?
The cost for paragliding in Bir Billing starts at around rupees 2,500 per head which includes transportation and GoPro camera shooting. You will also be provided with a brief introductory session by certified guides.
What is the best time to go paragliding in Kamshet?
The best time to visit Kamshet is from October through May. During this period, the air is always moderate and breezy which makes it perfect for paragliding. You will really be able to make the most of the activity as the climatic conditions remain favourable and pleasant.
How much does paragliding cost in Manali?
Manali, the best place for paragliding in India, offers paragliding activities around INR 1,350 per adult. You will be able to choose between single and tandem rides as part of the package. When you opt for a package, you will be assigned a guide who will help you all throughout the activity.
Which is the highest paragliding point in India?
Bir Billing happens to be the highest paragliding point in India as well as in the Asian continent. Bir is the landing point and Billing is the take off point. Bir Billing is located at an elevation of 1523 meters above the sea level.