Skydiving Places in IndiaMysore, Hyderabad, Deesa, Pondicherry, Aamby Valley, Dhana, Aligarh.
Skydiving in India is a fun-filled yet action packed adventure sport that has been attracting thrill seekers to bring that daredevil in them. The verdant valleys, lush green forest covers, age old architectural marvels, and pristine natural beauty are all that you can witness during your flight. You will spend a considerable amount of time floating like a bird in the air and this is something magical.
Every single skydiving spot in India has got its very own individuality as they offer the participants a breathtaking view of the city from a great height. Skydiving places in India in places like Mysore will give you a chance to capture the sights of the city filled with age old royalty and Hyderabad will let you gather the sights of the age old architectures from the bygone era.
While skydiving over Deesa offers you magnificent views of the lakeside city, skydiving over Pondicherry presents you some of the stunning French Colonial settlements. You can try static line jumping as well as tandem jumps from a height around 10000 ft above the earth. So, get ready to have an unforgettable experience while skydiving at these magnificent locations in India.
People Also Ask About Skydiving in India
Which are the best places for skydiving in India?
1. Mysore: Mysore skydiving is a breathtaking and stunning experience because this beautiful city has so much to offer. There are various skydiving camps in and around Chamundi Hills. That moment when you're 10,000 feet in the air and being dragged down by gravity is just indescribable. There is no better feeling than flying across the clouds at such a high altitude.
If you've ever wanted to fly and soar through the skies like a bird since you were a kid, skydiving gives you the opportunity to do so. The overall cost of the experience is reasonably affordable per user, with video included as a complimentary bonus. The cost of skydiving also includes the training and certificate that the company would provide. So, the next time you're looking for an exciting sport to try and push yourself, Skydiving in Mysore should be at the top of your bucket list.
Best Time: October - February
Approx cost:Tandem – INR 35,000 (3 hours)
Accelerated Free Fall: INR 2,50,00 (5-7 days, 10 jumps)
Location: Mysore Airport, Mysuru, Karnataka 570001
Height of fall: 10,000ft
2. Hyderabad: Skydiving is held near Nagarjuna Sagar Airport, about 150 kilometres from Hyderabad and can be considered as one of the best skydiving places in India. It provides a static line jump from a height of 4000 feet, for which participants receive three days of training. The instructors strictly follow the standards set out by the United Staates Parachute Association.
You can enjoy breathtaking picturesque views when flying around like a bird. Skydiving in Hyderabad costs about 35,000 rupees, and the height of the fall is between 9000 and 10000 feet. So, do try out this fun adventurous sport if you're in Hyderabad.
Best Time: All through the year
Approx cost: INR 19500 Per Person
Location: Right bank, Nagarjuna Sagar, Vijayapuri South, Nagarjuna Sagar, Andhra Pradesh 522439
Height of fall: 4000 ft
3. Deesa: At this magnificent lakeside city of Deesa in Gujarat, experience the thrill of floating in the blue sky with the winds. Being one of the most sought skydiving places in India, it offers all three types of skydives, so even if you're a novice, you shouldn't be afraid to try this sport. Gujarat is home to many skydiving camps, as it was the first state in India to have a certified drop-zone in Deesa.
Even the three types of jumps they provide are the same: tandem jumps, rapid free falls, and static jumps. If you're not a novice, try static jumps, where you're on your own but linked to the instructors via radio for a safe landing. The skydiving cost in India for Deesa varies depending on the leap, hours, and day.
Best Time: Throughout the year, except bad monsoon weather from June to September
Approx cost: Static Line Jumps – INR 16,500
Tandem Jumps: INR 33,500
AFF: INR 37,500
Location: Banaskantha district, Gujarat, India
Height of fall: 3,500 to 4,000 ft.
4. Pondicherry: Skydiving in Pondicherry is one hell of an experience. Tandem and static jumps are available in this coastal paradise. The free fall from the sky will allow you to take in the breathtaking scenery that surrounds you. From above, you can see the sea kissing the land while gliding like a kite as the wind controls your flight. For those who get high on adventure sports, operators arrange regular camps that are appropriate for the weather conditions for Skydiving in India.
In Pondicherry, the height of the fall for a Tandem Jump is 10,000 feet, and for a Static Jump, it is 4,000 feet. So, schedule a trip to this town with a stunning French Colonial settlement and dare to rise and soar to new heights.
Best Time: All through the year and not recommended during monsoon season which is from the month of July to September
Approx cost: Static Jumps – INR 18,000 (1 jump) to 62,000 (5 jumps)
Tandem Jump: INR 27,000
Height of fall: 10000 ft
5. Aamby Valley: Aamby Valley in the state of Maharashtra is one of the top most skydiving spots in the country, especially for tandem falls. If you are a frequent skydiver, this location also offers memberships that allows you to skydive the entire year. When you freefall in the magnificent valley and take in the breathtaking scenery below, that would hands down be the most exciting feeling ever.
Their specialty is 10,000-foot tandem jumps, but the organisers are planning to add other common forms of jumps in the future. When passing through the air during your Skydiving in India session, you can take in the beautiful scenery of the Valley while being carried along by the wind.
Best Time: All through the year except for monsoon and highly windy season that extends from mid-June to late September
Approx cost: Mon – Thurs – INR 20, 000
Fri – Sun – INR 25,000
Height of fall: 10000 ft.
6. Dhana: Well, Dhana in the state of Madhya Pradesh is one of the cheapest spots for skydiving in the country. The location has an airstrip where numerous operators host skydiving camps for adrenaline junkies. The freefall time is shorter here, but the large stretches of scenery in the region are worth seeing. This charming town hosted the first ever Indian skydiving competition.
The tandem instructor is attached to the skydiver in order to ensure a successful landing. Previous experience of Skydiving in India in a similar situation is not needed. To be ready for the big dive, all it takes is a valuable 30-minute training session and the free fall has a speed of about 120 mph.
Best Time: All through the year except for monsoon and highly windy season that extends from July - September)
Approx cost: Tandem Jump
Weekday: INR 35,000
Weekend: INR 37,500
Static Jumps: INR 24,000
Location: MPSH 15A, Dhana, Madhya Pradesh 470228
Height of fall: 9000-10000 ft.
7. Aligarh: Skydiving is a hot favourite among the numerous adventure sports that are gaining popularity among the Indian masses. Aligarh, considered one of India's best skydiving locations, offers enough thrill and adventure to quench the appetite for adventure in people who want to live on the edge. Aligarh skydiving will astonish you with its trained instructors and exciting experience, and is ideal for all adrenaline junkies!
In Aligarh, skydiving costs about 27,000 rupees for a tandem jump and slightly more for other types of jumps. Skydiving in India is in fact one of the best activities here, attracting adrenaline junkies from all across the globe.
Best Time: Early/late winter and early summer.
Approx cost: Tandem Jump: INR 27025
A Jump to Remember: INR 31625
Location: Aligarh Airstrip, Aligarh–Kanpur Expressway, Uttar Pradesh
Height of fall: 10000 ft
8. Narnaul: Narnaul in Haryana is one of the excellent spots for skydiving in the country for all those adrenaline junkies out there! The Haryana government created this sport to encourage tourism while also providing people with the best skydiving experience possible. So, if you're ever in the city, pay a visit to this location and embark on a daring adventure. The Skydiving in India cost for a tandem jump in Narnaul would be around 27,000 rupees and for a static line jump, it would be around 18,000 rupees.
Best Time: All through the year
Approx cost: Static Line Jumps – INR 18,500
Tandem Jumps – INR 27500
Location: Narnaul Airstrip, Narnaul, Haryana 123021
Height of fall: 10000 ft
What is the best time to go skydiving in Mysore?
Skydiving activity can be taken all through the year. The only thing is to make sure that the climatic conditions are favorable. You need to start the activity early in the morning between 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM as the air is crisp and the atmosphere is calm. You can also take part in this activity in the evening hours from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
How much does skydiving cost in Pondicherry?
The cost of skydiving at Pondicherry is around INR 18000 for a single jump and about INR 62000 for 5 jumps. The cost of tandem skydiving at Pondicherry would cost you around INR 27000 per person.
What are the different types of skydives that you can experience in India?
1. Tandem fall: Tandem jump is the most common skydive that you'll get in India. You'll be tightly harnessed to a trained tandem skydiving instructor on a tandem jump. You'll leave the plane together and enjoy a minute of freefall in the company of your experienced guide before your parachute opens. Your instructor safely returns you to the ground.
2. Static line jump: A static line involves a fixed line in the plane to which all jumpers' parachutes are connected, rather than opening the parachute on the descent after freefall. It's a common military tactic for quickly and safely removing a large number of jumpers from the same aircraft.
3. Accelerated Free Fall: Accelerated Free Fall is a kind of skydiving technique in which the adventure seekers would jump without any kind of attachments. It is considered to be one of the most challenging experiences that you would come across in the air.
However, you will be accompanied by expert guides. They'll stay with you as they're freely falling and hang on to their harnesses. Instructors will be able to correct students' body positions and other issues since they would be free falling with them. Students may also radio ground staff to guide them to the landing site, but they must learn the skills to land on their own.
What are some of the important things to remember while going skydiving?
You should make sure that you have taken sufficient training before attempting this activity.
You need to put on proper easy and comfortable clothes so that your clothing doesn't give rise to any issue during the jump.
You should spend time checking the quality of your gear as well as its durability before the start of the activity.
You should do your background research and make sure the climatic conditions are favourable.
What is the approx cost for skydiving in Aamby valley?
The approx cost for best skydiving in India at Aamby Valley for those who qualify for the tandem jumps would be around INR 25000 on weekends and INR 30000 on weekdays. The price of the activity also includes the videography of the dive as well as photography from a bird's eye perspective.
What is the height of fall for skydiving in Dhana?
The height of fall for skydiving in Dhana is around 4000 feet above the ground. Taking part in this best skydiving in India, you will be able to enjoy breathtaking views of earth from a great height. The tandem skydiving activity can last upto 3 hours so make sure you make it a once in a lifetime memory to cherish.