India is a land known for fun and thrilling activities, and when talking about spending some time with friends and family, what better than going to a theme park. India houses some of the best theme parks known to offer the most thrilling and mesmerizing experience. Going to a theme park is something that everyone right from a kid to an adult enjoys.
With plenty of crazy rides, pools, amusement parks, interesting exercises and exciting games and even spas, India theme parks are famous worldwide. These amusement parks in India are totally worth your money and time as parks like Imagicaa offer everything from cinematic themes, beautiful aesthetics, fun games, and scary rides. Appu Ghar, one of the most visited and top theme parks in India, surely takes you down to the memory lane of your childhood.
People often visit these places for either a fun weekend or for a fantastic day out. These theme parks offer fun and thrill via rides, offer multi-cuisine scrumptious delicacies, and house some of the best dine and wine restaurants to cater to the guests. Some top theme parks in India also offer accommodation for their guests. So, if you are also planning to take a little break from your busy schedule, visiting a theme park can surely rejuvenate your energy.
People Also Ask About Theme Parks in India
Which are the best theme parks to visit in India?
1. Appu Ghar: A visit to this Indian theme park will take you to the world of Disneyland and thus it becomes a must-visit place for kids. Located in Maharashtra, the theme park has everything that one looks at in amusement parks, so you will surely find the visit worthwhile.
The Appu express, merry-go-round, the helicopter, jumping frog, gammat girki, and so many other rides are included in the ticket to this park. The place has the facility of photographs and videos of your ride experience.
Location: Appu Ghar Marg, Behind Huda City Metro Station, Gurugram, Haryana, 122009
Timing: 11 AM to 7 PM
Entry Fees: INR 799 onwards per person
2. Essel World: The largest amusement park in India, Essel World Park is one of the most entertaining parks around the world. One can enjoy various thrilling rides, exhilarating water sports, dancing zones, and other fun activities.
This theme park in India is famous for its largest Aqua Play Pool that allows visitors to experience the most mind-blowing water-related activities. The water park expedition is the most thrilling among all the activities and hence, a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Location: Essel World Amusement Park, Gorai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Timing: 10 AM to 6:30 PM
Entry Fees: INR 290 onwards per person
3. Adlabs Imagicaa: One of the top theme parks in India, Adlabs Imagica is spread across a huge landmass, offers varied fun and exciting activities. This amusement park is known for its premium services and unique attractions that provide spectacular experiences to visitors. The entire family can spend a fun weekend and create so many lovely memories together.
Imagicaa is quite a unique amusement park having everything right from water park to a theme park. There are over 40 activities that the park promises to its visitors coming from all over the country.
Location: 30/31, Khopoli-Pali Road, SH 92 Taluka Khalapur, District Raigad, Sangadewadi, Maharashtra 410203
Timing: 9:45 AM to 7:45 PM
Entry Fees: INR 999 onwards per person
4. Della Adventure: This India theme park promises more than 50 activities to its visitors for their ultimate enjoyment and fun-filled trip. You can indulge in different activities such as swoop swing, rocket ejector, flying fox, and so many more.
The park is an amazing spot for various fun sports such as foosball, virtual games, carrom, and chess. Adults can enjoy Paintball, Dirt bike riding, Buggy ride, Rappelling, and so on so that one does not miss any experience if visiting the park.
Location: Plot No. 130-1, Lonavala, Kunegaon, Maharashtra 410401
Timing: 11 AM to 9 PM
Entry Fees: INR 1,250 onwards per person
5. Wonderla Bangalore: This theme park India has its other branches throughout India, providing visitors the most fun experience of their lives. It is an abode of several rip-roaring experiences that blow everyone's mind and hump up their adrenaline.
Wonderla has been popular for its high thrill rides that touch the sky and increase your heartbeats to ten times. The major attraction of this amusement park is its reverse roller coaster rides which are unique and only in India.
Location: 28th Km, Mysore Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 562109
Timing: 11 AM to 6 PM
Entry Fees: INR 460 onwards per person
6. Kingdom of Dreams: Opened in 2010, the park has been popular for live entertainment and carnival. This India theme park is the ultimate destination to experience fun and leisure together. One can witness the art performances that spread joy and happiness to the visitors.
The culture gully is the highlight of the place which is a form of art and craft with street performances. The other features such as Nautanki Mahal and Showshaa, attract art and theater lovers from around the country.
Location: Near IFFCO Chowk Metro Station, Sector 29, Gurugram, Haryana 122001, India
Timing: 12:30 PM to 12:00 AM
Entry Fees: INR 600 onwards per person
7. Queens Land: Covering an area of 70 acres, this theme park in India is one of the top amusement parks in India. It boasts approximately 50 activities with a food court, play area, and gardens. The park is no less than a house of fun and entertainment.
There are super fun rides such as Fairy train, Free Fall Tower, Alpen blitz, Roller Coaster, and many others that this amusement park promises to its visitors. One can enjoy the adventurous trip to this park with his friends and family.
Location: Chennai-Bengaluru Highway, Palanjur, Sembarambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600123
Timing: 10 AM to 6:30 PM
Entry Fees: INR 450 onwards per person
8. Worlds Of Wonder: Situated inside a mall, this India theme park is one of the most amazing amusement parks in the country. The park attracts thousands of people around the world as it has more than 20 attractions that provide the most fun experiences.
Spread across an area of 10 acres, this huge park is famous for its special zone named La Fiesta that promises the ultimate fun for kids and senior citizens.
Location: The Great India Place Mall, Sector-38 A, Entry from Gate No. 11 Adjacent, near, Maharaja Agrasen Marg, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301
Timing: 11 AM to 7 PM
Entry Fees: INR 199 onwards per person
9. Wonderla Kochi: Situated in the tropical area covered with lush greenery, this theme park in India is set aside a hill, so you not only experience the adrenaline rush but panoramic views as well.
If you are not among the challenging adventure lovers, this amusement park has activities planned for you too. The park has separate zones for everyone right from a kid to an adult. Enjoy the fun and thrill while rejuvenating your soul.
Location: Near Pallikkara, Near Kochi, Kerala
Timing: 11 AM to 6 PM
Entry Fees: INR 808 onwards per person
10. Nicco Park: One of the best recreational parks, this India theme park is located in Kolkata and known as the Disneyland of West Bengal. The visitors, when visiting the place with family, not only get to enjoy the entertaining rides and activities but also get to witness the happy faces of their family members.
The exhilarating park provides a rejuvenating session to all the visitors, so when one leaves the place they are refreshed and happy.
Location: Salt Lake Bypass Jheel Meel, Sector IV, Bidhannagar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700106
Timing: 10:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Entry Fees: INR 250 onwards per person
11. Ramoji Film City: This huge film city near Hyderabad has witnessed the production of numerous films and shows. The visitors who have the wish to see a film set once in their life, should visit the place and fulfill their desire.
The place also has an ecozone that consists of a butterfly park and a bonsai park, a bird park, an adventure and theme park in India, so one can enjoy, relax, and have fun in all the sections separately.
Location: Hyderabad, in Telangana
Timing: 9 AM to 5:30 PM
Entry Fees: INR 1,150 per person
12. Oceans Park: One of the best recreational parks in India, Ocean Park is a popular amusement park because of the several fun activities offered here such as rides, slides, games, and pools. One can plan the trip to this park with kids and family and experience enjoyment and have fun.
The park has other activities as well so that nobody misses the enjoyment. The place is a must-visit if you are travelling near Hyderabad.
Location: Hno 8-21, Survey No: 166, 167, 168 & 169, Shankarpalli Rd, near CBIT College, Gandipet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500075
Timing: 11 AM to 7:30 PM
Entry Fees: INR 350 onwards per adult
13. Funtasia Island: The first amusement park in Patna, Funtasia is a huge India theme park with an area of 5 acres. The place offers fun to both kids and adults, so you can visit the place with your family and experience a fun one-day trip. You can take fun pictures and have delicious food at the place, so you get every element of fun on your trip.
Location: Parsa Bazar – Sampatchak Main Rd, Sampatchak, Bihar 804453
Timing: 11 AM to 6 PM
Entry Fees: INR 350 per person
14. Wonderla Hyderabad: One of the other parks by Wonderla, the park is the newest opened theme park in India. With more than 43 rides comprising 18 water activities and six high thrill ones, the park is quite a perfect spot for the ultimate fun and thrill experience.
The major attraction of the place is India's first-ever space flying experience and reverse looping roller coaster that promises you the most unforgettable fun time in the park. Experience the fast heart beating and adrenaline rush, all together with these activities in this park.
Location: Hyderabad, India
Timing: 11 AM to 6 PM
Entry Fees:INR 845 onwards per person
15. MGM Dizzee World: One of the largest theme parks in Chennai, MGM Dizzee World is also one of the top theme parks in India. The oldest theme park in the state, this park offers everything that you can think of as a normal amusement park.
From roller coasters, Ferris wheel, dashing cars, to water-based activities, the park promises unique fun-filled experiences. One can also enjoy hot balloon rides at the park, allowing you to witness the stunning views from height.
Location: 1/74, SH 49, Muttukadu, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600112
Timing: 10:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Entry Fees:INR 699 onwards per adult
Which are the best theme parks for kids in India?
1. Imagicaa: This hi-tech amusement park is one of the best theme parks in India for kids. The park has fun rides for kids and restaurants offering kids' favorite dishes so that they have the best day of their childhood.
2. Essel world: The second amusement park of India, this Indian theme park has special zones for kids of varying ages so that all have their kind of fun and enjoyment. From water slides to car rides, kids can have a terrific time with their parents.
3. Worlds of Wonder: This theme park in India receives thousands of visitors in which kids make up the most proportion of it because it has a completely separate zone for kids called La Fiesta. Thus, the park is truly a paradise for kids.
4. Water kingdom: This India theme park is a kid-friendly amusement park that offers fun-filled rides and water slides. The kiddie attractions fascinate the kids and give them the most memorable trip.
5. Adventure Island: This theme park in India is among the most kid-friendly recreational parks. Families with kids visit the park throughout the year and enjoy different activities here. A kid would fall in love with the park.
Which are the best theme parks in Mumbai?
1. Adlabs Imagica: One of the best theme parks in India, Adlabs Imagica is at par with high-class international amusement parks. Situated in Mumbai, the park has a special place in the hearts of Mumbaikers as they often visit the place and enjoy the fun weekend there. Experience the thrill with Adlabs Imagica and create unforgettable memories.
2. Aqua Imagica: This India theme park is famous for its unique and thrilling water rides and is one of the best theme parks in India. The spot is a perfect way to enjoy and get rid of Mumbai’s humidity. Aqua Imagica is among the must-visit places while traveling to Mumbai. Enjoy the water fun with your friends and family.
3. Essel World: The hallmark of Mumbai for ages, Essel World is one of the top India theme parks as it assures premium services and high-class adventure activities. The park promises a quality experience to the visitors and thus, they fall in love with this fun spot in the city. Mark the day with the most fun experiences that you cherish for life.
4. The Water Kingdom: This amusement park is owned by Essel World and is situated near it. One can enjoy both the parks together and experience the fun in different activities promised by the parks. This theme park in India has a lovely ambiance and terrific vibes that make the visitors extremely happy.
5. Snow world: Experience the fun and unique snow-based activities such as Ice Skating, Snowboarding, Snow Sledging, and Snowfall at freezing temperatures even when it is the hottest outside. Visitors fall in love with the overall experience of this theme park in India, especially the snow lovers.
Which are the best theme parks in Delhi?
1. Delhi Eye: This theme park in India is famous for its massive Ferris wheel that consists of cabins that provide an amazing view of the city from the height. The activity is beautiful because of the wonderful views that one gets from the cabin. This is surely the most unique activity in the park that one has not experienced before.
2. Fun N Food Village: This recreational park is quite a popular theme park in Delhi and consists of more than 20 rides and slides. Therefore, the park has a huge variety of options for every kind so that one can choose according to his will and desire. You will surely have a fun weekend here with your family and friends.
3. Just Chill Water Park: This amusement park is a great place that provides a lot of thrilling activities. The most fun rides here are Katrina Twist, Black Thrill, Dark Hole, Mini Aqua Rides, Godzilla, and so many others. The water park is an idle place to visit for water sports lovers, so they can quench their thirst for water sports and adventure here.
4. Delhi Rides Amusement Park: This theme park in India is a popular place in Delhi that offers thrilling rides and other activities to visitors. One cannot get bored after coming to this park as it has something for everyone. The kids share laughs in their zone with each other whereas adults have fun with their highly amusing rides.
5. Adventure Island: One of the popular theme parks in India, the park is located in Rohini, Delhi. Spread over a huge landmass, the park has Free Fall Rides, Twister, Demolition Derby, and many others that attract visitors from all over the states. Evenings at this park have fun and cheery vibes with dance performances and music.
Which are the best theme parks in Bangalore?
1. Wonderla: The theme park has the most amusing and exhilarating rides that visitors can experience and enjoy. The resorts here provide premium stays that can make your trip even more amazing. One can relax in the pool and enjoy the activities while relaxing in the resort. The visit to the park is pocket-friendly.
2. Fun World: This park is the most visited one in Bangalore because of its pleasant ambiance, thrilling activities, and vibes. With different segments for all kinds of amusement lovers, one can enjoy it without worrying about anything. The place is also the major attraction of Bangalore and thus, receives ample visitors every year.
3. Neeladri Amusement and Water Parks: Neeladri Amusement and Water Parks is one of the first water parks in Bangalore. It is spread across a huge area and boasts more than 40 rides to provide fun-filled trips to the visitors. The major attractions of the place are zyclone and family slides. The delicious food can be obtained from the stalls.
4. GRS Fantasy Park: A popular theme park in Bangalore, GRS Fantasy Park has thrill rides, family rides, and even kid rides so that everyone enjoys and has a fun experience. The park also has a Banquet hall, restaurants, gift shop, and an amphitheater that visitors love to visit. The free fall crazy cruise is another major attraction.
5. Innovative Film City: Located near Bangalore, Innovative Film City is the finest theme park that provides leisure and fun activities to visitors. People plan a complete day visit to the place as it has so much to offer that one cannot experience them all in a few hours. The major attractions are Mirror Maze, Dino Park, Haunted Mansion, etc.
Which is the biggest theme park in India?
Essel World is the biggest theme park in India that was built in the year 1999. It is located in Maharashtra and is one of the favorite amusement parks in India. The park has everything that one would want in an amusement park, so no one leaves the place with feelings of dissatisfaction.
What is the entry fee of Essel World?
The basic entry fee packages start from INR 290 per person. The cost of the fee for an unlimited ride is around INR 885 for adults and INR 530 for kids. If one wishes to take the package for both the Water Kingdom and Essel World, then the cost is INR 1405 for adults and INR 945 for kids.
Which is the biggest Wonderla in India?
The Wonderla Bangalore is the biggest Wonderla Park in India as it is spread over an area of 82 acres and has more than 60 attractions for visitors. The Wonderla Hyderabad is spread over an area of 50 acres and Wonderla Kochi is covering an area of 30 acres, both are the other two Wonderla Parks in India.
Which is the first theme park in India?
Appu Ghar is the first theme park in India that was built in the year 1984, right after the Asian Games held in 1982. The park is located in Gurugram, Haryana. The major attraction of the park is the tallest ride called Skyfall that attracts tourists and visitors from across the country.
Which is better: Imagica or Essel World?
Both the parks are best in their way and are loved by the visitors, but if considered overall, then Imagicaa is better than Essel World because of the better rides and quality. However, if asked then, adults would mostly say Imagica, whereas, for kids, it would be Essel World.
How much does Della Adventure cost?
The cost for Della Adventure is INR 2,000 for adults and INR 1,500 for kids and seniors. The cost for unlimited rides and entry to all activities is INR 5,500 for adults and INR 4,000 for kids. The Della Adventure is a premium adventure-theme park that serves quality and premium services to visitors.