Pune is a total explorer’s destination. From trekking to camping, the state is the marvel of western India, and has the most incredible adventure opportunities for you to indulge in. Pack your bags for one of the most enthralling weekend getaway trips near Mumbai with a rafting trip to the beautiful Kolad River amidst a picturesque landscape and cloud touching peaks. Along with rafting, you can participate in different adventure activities and the many best things to do in Pune. Kunegaon’s Della Adventure is considered to be India’s largest adventure park sprawling across an area of around 5 acres. With around 70 activities, it's a perfect place to release all your cobwebs of routine life while delighting in various exciting available activities. The lush greenery of Amba Ghat and its misty allure will lead you to a trance like state. Located on the Ratnagiri-Kolhapur road, Amba Ghat is a popular tourist destination and the expedition also includes travelling to the wonders of Waghzara Tiger Reserve known for its tigers and also explore the Konkan Darshan point which also has one of the best trekking trails in Maharashtra.
With a long-drawn history stretching back to 2,000 years, Pune is a trove of cultural evolution. The four Hindu, Muslim, Maratha, and the British eras have left an indelible presence through architecture and local customs. A day-long tour is bound to amaze with its sheer depth of history and iconic places such as Pataleshwar Rock Temple, Dargah of Shaikh Salla, Lal Mahal, and Kasba Ganapati.Join this tour and embark on a cultural exploration of Pune to trace complex. Or going trekking in Harishchandragad, situated in the Maslej region of the Western Ghats is one of the most famous hill forts. Located in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra, this quaint sleepy region is known for its scenic beauty and rustic sights. With so many amazing and interesting things to do in Pune, are you booking your tickets, yet? So, make your trip fast to experience the best things to do in Pune.
Things to Do in Pune
People Also Ask About Pune Things To Do
Which is the best time to visit Pune for a vacation?
Pune offers great sightings in the monsoon with lush green hills and numerous waterfalls and so July to September is a nice time of the year to visit for outdoor activities like trekking and sightseeing.
However, you may get stuck in one of the many traffic jams in the city.
What activities can be done in Pune?
Pune is the second largest city in Maharashtra and has a rich cultural heritage having many historical landmarks. Here are some famous places to visit in Pune.
- Raja Dinker Kelkar Museum
- Aga Khan Palace
- Shaniwar Wada in Shaniwar Peth (old city)
- Lohagad Fort near Lonavala
- Rajmachi trek
What adventure activities can be done in Pune?
Pune is bustling with a young crowd and is one of the most happening cities in India. There are many activities for thrill seekers within the city of Pune.
- Artificial wall climbing at Raje Shivaji Artificial Climbing wall in Shivajinagar is a good outing for adventure. They also offer training for novice climbers. The price depends on the type of course.
- Paintball at Mariplex Mall in Kalyani Nagar is ideal for a fun time with friends. The cost is 1500 INR.
Which all places are best for sightseeing in Pune?
Pune has an ambient weather throughout the year and being sandwiched between the Western Ghats and Sahyadri mountains, there are several places for hiking, camping for adventure seekers.
It was the capital city of Maratha Empire, so there several places of historical interest as well.
Which places are best for trekking near Pune?
The most famous treks near Pune are:
- Purandar Fort
- Tikona Fort near Kamshet
- Andharban Trek
- Kalsubai (5400 ft.) is the highest peak of the mountain range of Sahyadri.
- Korigad fort
- Lohagarh “Iron fort”
Which are some famous forts for trekking near Pune?
Pune was the capital of Maratha empire and has many Forts built during the Peshwa reign.
- Purandar Fort
- Tikona Fort near Kamshet
- Jivdhan Fort
- Torna Fort
- Rajgad Fort
- Singhad Fort
Which are the best amusement parks in Pune? How much is the entry fee?
Experience fun and thrill by visiting amusement parks, Here are some famous amusement parks in Pune:
- Adlabs Imagica in Khopoli is a popular water park with many water slides, wave pool, rides, and restaurants. It is open on all days from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. The ticket prices can range from 1000 INR to 1300 INR.
- Diamond Water Park in Lohegaon promises utmost fun and merry moments to visitors and has 28 different water rides. It opens from 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. and the tickets range up to 650 INR.
- Sentosa Resorts and Water Park 1 km before Ravet on Mumbai-Pune Highway has slides known for their exhilarating twists and turns. The tickets cost up to 350 INR and are open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Krushnai Water Park is located in the vicinity of Singhad Fort and is the most picturesque fun paradise in the city. It opens from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and tickets range from 500-600 INR.
- Appu Ghar located at the foot of Shir Durga Devi Tekadi is the Disneyland of Pune with many amusement rides and an eco-friendly ambiance. It is open on all days from 12 pm to 8 pm.
Where can we do river rafting near Pune?
There are many place to enjoy river rafting near Pune, The Kundalika River in Kolad is the fastest flowing river in the southern part of the country and is one of the top 5 destinations for white water rafting in India. Kolad is 113 km from the city and it takes 4 hrs. to reach by road.
Dandeli at 440 km in Karnataka is an overnight journey from Pune. The Kali River has a 13 km stretch full of rapids making it ideal for rafting.
What sort of activities are enjoyable by children in Pune?
There are many new places in Pune which are kid friendly.
- Imagica Snow Park in Khopoli is the largest snow park in India where the kids can indulge in making a snow man, snow sledding, and snow fights.
- Funky Monkey Play Center in Koregaon Park is great for unstructured free play with a cheerful ambiance, play gyms, ball pools, wave slides and walk way rope bridge for children.
- Wet n Joy Waterpark in Kamshet is a fun place with the longest water slide and the largest wave pool in India.
- Gram Sanskruti Udyaan in Pashan is a mock village which gives a glimpse into rural life with many life size statues of farm animals, wells, and farms. It is ideal to introduce children to the charm of rural Maharashtra.
Which all places are best for couples in Pune?
With its rich culture, isolated green hills and breezy climate there are many places to visit for couples in Pune
- Empress Gardens close to Race Course is the most popular hangout place for couples with its shady trees and numerous flower bushes.
- Vetal Hill is the highest point in Pune with a magnificent view of the city from the top. It is a great place to hang out away from the city humdrum.
- A meandering drive through misty clouds will take you to Mulshi Dam, a paradise for couples with dense forests and beautiful surroundings.
- Singhad Fort, the eminent historical site is visited by many couples who want to watch the sunrise and sunset together.
- O Hotel with poolside candle light dinner and Shisha Café in ABC farms are best hangout places for couples.
Where can couples go for a romantic candlelight dinner in Pune?
These are the five most romantic restaurants in Pune.
- Prem’s in Koregaon Park is known for its great service, exquisite wines under natural shades of trees are ideal for that special date.
- Arthur’s Theme in Balewadi is an Italian food connoisseur’s delight with its all white décor.
- Shisha Jazz Café in Mundhwa is the hippest place to have a candle light dinner with classic jazz music.
- Paasha-JW Marriott in Senapati Bapat Road is a rooftop restaurant with a view of entire city and look at the star lit sky with your date.
- Dario’s in Koregaon Park is an all vegetarian restaurant with sublime food and ambiance for candle light dinners.
Which are the best restaurants in Pune? What cuisines should one try?
Pune has a cosmopolitan culture and you get delectable continental food, Maharashtrian cuisine and Parsi food. Some of the best restaurants in Pune are:
- Shizusan in Phoenix Mall
- Greedy Man Pizzeria in Kalyani Nagar
- Mahlzeit in Koregaon Park
- Madness-Social Clinic in Koregaon Park
- Donkey’s Arse serves multi-cuisine food and is a hub for comedy nights and music charts.
- Superheroes in Koregaon Park
- Playboy beer garden in Baner
- Savya Rasa in Koregaon Park
What sort of nightlife can I experience in Pune?
Pune is one of the few places in India where pubs remain open as late as 4 a.m. The hippest joint with swinging music and heady cocktails are:
- High Spirits is the best place to get your favorite drinks at affordable prices.
- Mi-A- Mi is designed like an underground garage and has the largest dance floor. It is famous for its wild and crazy parties.
- Swig is the place to visit for music, fun, dance, and drinks. All kinds of artists like painters, sculptors, musicians, and dancers are invited here for performances.
- Mix @ 36 is located inside a luxury hotel with Mula-mitha River on the backdrop and the bar gives you an enthralling view of the city.
- Stone water grill located by river side has an enchanting ambiance and is a heaven for music lovers.
- Fish Bowl in Hyatt Regency has a lounge like atmosphere. The USP of this place is its premium cocktails and liquor.
- Euriska has its décor inspired by the famous Greek Island Santorini and has a mesmerizing ambiance along with authentic Mediterranean cuisine and cocktails.
- Area 51 is most popular amongst youngsters because of its unique 2-level dance floor.
Which are some famous pubs and bars in Pune?
Pune is known for its throbbing nightlife and partying. The most happening pubs are:
- Doolally on Tap
- High Spirits
- 1000 Oaks
- The Ship
- The Single Malt and Co
Which places are good for shopping? What must I buy from Pune?
The most famous markets in Pune for shopping are:
- Laxmi Nagar is the busiest and longest markets of Pune. It is famous for clothes and jewelry shops.
- MG Road or Camp is the best place for window shopping. It is the poshest market in the city and has several brand outlets and many famous old shops.
- Fashion Street serves the multitude of shopping needs from bags, shoes, foot wear, clothes, and accessories.
- Tulsi Baug is best known as a low price market for household items.
- Juna Bazaar has antique coins sold for pittance along with mundane accessories. Lots of foreign tourists and amateur coin collectors haunt this market.
- Hongkong Lane in Deccan is the famous market for foreign goodies like clothes and accessories.
- FC Road is popular with students as the shops sell clothes at ridiculously low prices and you can try haggling with the vendors to get best deals.
- Phoenix Market City and Amanora Mall are best places to buy branded goods.
Which resorts are good for family outing near Pune?
These family friendly resorts near Pune, will engulf your tiredness and give heavenly relaxing moments to you and your family.
- The Corinthians Resorts
- Ambrosia Resort
- Sentosa Resort
- Rutugandh Resort
- Camp Temgarh Resort
Which resorts are good for team outing near Pune?
There are the best resorts for an adventurous and fun filled break with your colleagues.
- Della Resorts in Lonavala
- Empower Camp in Kolad
- Adventure Plus in Yeoli
- Kamath Residency Resort in Alibaug
Can we go for caving near Pune? Which places are famous for cave exploration?
Caving is an adventurous sport of exploring caves in groups. The Deccan Plateau has many natural caves of historical importance.
- The Bhaja caves are located 56 km north-west of Pune on Mumbai-Pune highway. There are 25 Buddhist caves with some inscriptions and narrative sculptures.
- Bedse Caves are 45 km from Pune, towards Kamshet. There are 2 finished and 2 unfinished caves along with some rock cut cisterns and Buddhist stupa.
- Karla Caves are on Mumbai-Pune highway and are 8 km from Bhaja caves. It is one of the most famous rock cut caves in India dating back to the 1st
Which places are good for camping near Pune?
There are several serene places tucked in the Sahyadri Mountains, which is perfect for a camping trips near Pune.
- Pavana Lake Camp (65 km) is one of the least explored artificial lakes and is a perfect spot for camping, picnics, and sightseeing.
- Camping in Karnala Bird Sanctuary in Panvel (93 km) is an enthralling experience with swaying palm trees forests and untouched splendor.
- Camping in Badlapur (91 km) is an enjoyable experience with sounds of chirping birds and music of the flowing river.
Which are must visit places within 100kms from Pune?
There are several locations which perfect for weekend getaways near Pune, Such as:
- Lonavala (65 km) is a hilly town that has enough to see in a single day with its many view points and waterfalls.
- Lavasa (57 km) is a beautiful hill station with a promenade and lovely eateries.
- Kamshet (47 km) is idyllic picnic spot for a perfect getaway with family.
- Khandala (69 km) is a beautiful hill station with nature trails and forts.
- A drive to Mulshi Dam (50 km) is great picnic spot with languid surroundings.
Which are some famous national parks near Pune for wildlife safari?
These Jungle Safaris present you with thrills of being in a jungle with an undisturbed ecosystem in harmony with nature. Some famous and nearby wildlife sanctuaries are:
- Katraj Snake Park (10 km)
- Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary (102 km)
- Mayureshwar wildlife sanctuary (7 km)
Where can I do water sports near Pune?
The best option for indulging in watersports near Pune are
- Lakeshore Watersports in Lavasa (19 km) has activities like pontoons, bumper boats, jet skiing, water volleyball and pedal boats. The booking charges can range from 200 INR to 700 INR depending on the type of boat ride and activity.
- Blue bay water sports in Katraj 11 km from Pune railway station has Jet Ski, kayaking, paddle boating, pontoon boats, Ringo, and water ball activities. The charges will vary from 200 INR to 1000 INR depending on the nature of the activity.
- Absolute Scuba at Divisional Sports Complex in Shastri Nagar offers to try dives to newbies and full-time professional scuba diving, and dive travel courses with internationally acclaimed instructors.
- White water rafting in Kolad (113 km) is one of the top 5 rafting destinations in the country. The cost ranges from 1200 INR to 2000 INR depending on the tour organizers.
- Waterfall rappelling at Madhe Ghat (64 km) is a thrilling experience, as you come down 120 feet with water rushing over your head. The charges are 800 INR per person.
A quaint little amusement centre at the heart of Pune, Krushnai Water Park is one of the best-known water parks in Maharashtra. Set amidst 15 acres of verdant green landscape, this adventure park is one of the best entertainment options in the city. The park has a number of different water-based attractions and rides, for adults and children alike. The park prides in a variety of pools, adventure rides, and slides of different sizes and heights, making this a popular spot for thrill-seekers and leisure-mongers alike. Have gala time in the Wave Pool and the Rain Dance Centre, or test your courage at the daring Turnpikes and Black Hole RIde- one is spoilt for choice at the Krushnai Water Park. Apart from the water area, the park also has an entertainment arena, with fun ride options like the Dashing Cars, the Bull Ride and a Gaming Zone for young visitors. The Water Park also accommodates vast green lawns which provide a perfect spot for picnics with family or groups of friends.Krushnai Water Park provides its guests with locker room facilities against an extra charge. The Park also provides swimming costumes on rent for those who need one, against a slight added charge. The swimsuits here are available in all sizes, for men, women and children alike. The water park also has medical and first aid facilities available in case of medical emergencies at any point of the day. It has parking facilities as well, allowing free parking for its visitors.Experiences at Krushnai Water Park:1. Twister: Twister is a unique one-person ride that allows one to enjoy unique whirlwind sensations. One has to only slide into it and experience fun water whirls around the circular platform.2. Black Hole: The Black Hole is a two-person ride, where one can, with his or her partner, enjoy a steep slide along the dark tunnel on a rubber float. The Black Hole slide, carefully designed to maximize the adrenalin rush in its riders, is perfect for thrill-seekers and is bound to elicit a scream or two from the riders. The experience is further heightened by the rapidity of the descent down the slope and the echoes that reverberate through the darkness of the tunnel.3. Turnpikes: If you are brave-hearted and are looking for an adventure, Turnpikes is the ride to go to. This multilane ride, spread across three adjoining slides, allows one to ride down its descending slopes on a mat. The sharp bends and angles of the Turnpikes ride only adds to the thrill factor. One can decide to fly solo on it, or even race with their friends on the adjoining slides. The rapidity of the ride, however, makes it unsuitable for those who are not comfortable with extreme speed or steep drops.4. Pirate Island: A perfect haven for little adventurers, Pirate Island is an elaborately equipped adventure pool restricted for the use of children only. The pool is designed to occupy kids with various short and long slides. Each slide descends from a different level and caters to the thrill-requirement of children of various heights and ages. Each level is connected by stairs and elaborate passages for navigation. Atop the slide monument is a giant water bucket, which empties every ten minutes upon those on the ride.5. Wave Pool: The Wave Pool is a family pool, and one of the most popular attractions at Krushnai Water Park. Here one can experience the slow swelling of waves against a bank of faux sand, recreating the experience of a beach. The waves are often directed to rise and fall to the rhythm of music, and the proceedings are directed by the presiding DJ, playing catchy tunes to go along with the swell of the water. If one is looking to enjoy a dance or to simply relax, the Wave Pool is the place to go to.6. Crazy Cruise: Crazy Cruise is an adventure water slide catering to those looking for thrill and adventure only. It is a water slide, where one must ride down a daunting 30 feet on solo, to land in the swimming pool at the bottom.Rides & Attractions at Krushnai Water Park:-Aqua Trail: Aqua Trail is a two-person ride, where riders must travel down an open slide on water tube rafts to descend into the pool below.-Rain Dance: The Rain Dance is a secluded dance area, where one can groove to the tunes of the DJ with their friends or family, amidst showers of sprinklers emerging from all directions. -Turnpikes: In this multilane ride spreading across three adjoining slides, one must brave steep angles and bends on their stomachs, hurling headlong down the rollers.-Crazy Cruise: An adventure water slide where one must brave a 30 feet descent into the swimming pool down below.-Magic Sway: Magic Sway is a special swing-like attraction, in which riders must sit in a group on a tube, which sways back and forth across the length of the ride.-Twister: A one-person ride unique to Krushnai Water Park, where one can enjoy water whirlwinds on a circular structure.-Black Hole: A duet ride, where riders must, with their partner, descend through a dark tunnel of a steep descent.-Tunnel Funnel: A fun water slide which requires two to four riders seated on a water tube. The tube emerges out of a funnel, oscillates around the main element of the ride, which is a funnel-shaped structure, and then drops into a splash pool.-Pirate Island: Pirate Island is a pool catering specifically to kids, with rides of multiple levels and lengths, allowing little ones to get into the skins of pirates and enjoy the wonders of water and navigation.-Little Champs: Little Champs is a specially designed pool for toddlers, offering fun rides and slides while catering to the safety of the children.-Family Slide: The Family Slide is a wide-body slide, designed for multiple riders to ride down its fairly gentle slope. Although open to all, this ride is specifically designed for little children who are afraid to face the thrill of descent without parents or friends alongside. -Mushroom: An attraction made especially for children, Mushroom recreates the waterfall experience for young ones, with sheets of water continuously flowing down from a mushroom-shaped roof on those standing below.-Wave Pool: A family pool, recreating the typical beach experience through slow- swelling waves rising and falling with accompanying music.The water park also has an entertainment centre on dry land, including a Bull Ride, a Video Game centre, Dashing Cars Zone and a Play Zone for children.
Constructed in the late 1950s, Panshet Dam is situated at a distance of 50 km from the southwestern region of Pune. Alternatively known as Tanajisagar Dam, this is a picturesque getaway spot to beat the city heat and pollution. Admeasuring 1039 meters in its length, the dam has got a height of 63.56 meters. Nestled amidst the lush green beauty of the mighty Sahyadris, one can find a lot of big and small waterfalls in its surroundings. Besides, there are a plethora of water activities to enjoy at this dam – banana boat ride, pedal boating, motor boating, water scooter ride, and kayaking. The verdant hills in the backdrop of the Panshet dam offer adrenaline-pumping adventures such as hiking, trekking, rock climbing, and so on. Besides, you can even opt for bonfire and camping activities if you have a big group to enjoy. Apart from its scenic beauty and adventurous activities, Panshet Dam has a separate play area for kids to spend some quality time with the numerous swings and slides here. Also, to satiate your stomach cravings, there is a small restaurant close to the Panshet Dam where you can sit for a family lunchtime. You might notice some people flocking here with a basket of homemade food and a mat to enjoy their personal space. If time permits, you can simply have a handshake with them and share the day together as a group.
Go for an amazing outing with your friends and family to Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park when you are in the city of Pune. The famous park is known for having a snake park, an animal orphanage and a zoo that makes it totally worth a visit for lovers of wildlife and nature. Whether you are an adult or a kid, a visit to Rajiv Gandhi zoological park is an exciting trip to learn more about snakes and reptiles and come back with more knowledge about these elusive creatures.Some famous animals which can be spotted here are a white tiger, leopard, blackbucks, elephants, sambhars etc. There is also a 13 ft cobra which gathers the most attention by tourists visiting the snake park inside the Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park.Location: Satara Road, Near Bharati Vidyapeeth, Katraj, Pune, Maharashtra.Best Time to visit: Anytime throughout the year is good for visiting Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park.Entry fee: The entry fees for an adult is INR 15/ USD 0.23 and for the children, it is INR 5/ USD 0.07