1. Vasota Fort Trek: Pleased at an altitude of 1171 m above the sea level, Vasota Fort is located in Bamnoli village of Satara district. The overall trek to the top of this fort can be completed within a single day.
On your way to the top, you will get to enjoy some of the most beautiful sceneries of Shivsagar Lake. You will also get a chance to pass through various steep hills and rocky pathways, making it one of the best places for trekking in Pune. Once you reach the fort you can continue trekking further towards Nageshwar cave which will take another two hours.
Location: Bamnoli, Satara District, Maharashtra
2. Lohagad Fort: Located in one of the very famous hill stations of Khandala, Lohagarh fort trek is one of the easiest treks one can enjoy around Pune. The trek to this fort can be easily covered within 3 to 4 hours.This historic structure is preached on the top of the hill and the path of which is plain and well-managed, without any steep or rocky pathways. If you are a nature lover then the trail of this trek will offer you some of the most scenic views of colourful flora and fauna. Once you reach the top, you will be delighted with some of the most exhilarating panoramas of the surrounding hills.
Location: Khandala, Lonavala, Maharashtra
3. Raigad Fort Trek: If you're looking for a perfect weekend getaway from Pune and wishing to indulge in some thrilling adventures, then make sure that you opt for a trekking session to Raigad Fort. Being one of the best places for trekking in Pune, this place is flocked by an array of adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers. The trek takes around four hours to be complete and is considered to have a medium level of difficulty making it one of the best places for trekking in Pune.
Location: Katraj, Maharashtra
4. Kalsubai Peak Trek: Located at an altitude of 5400 feet from the sea level, the Kalsubai Peak is famous for offering some of the most beautiful views of the valley around it. To enjoy a trekking session to this peak at its best, it is advised to take two days to complete it and camp for one night. Once you reach the top you can easily enjoy the commanding scenery of nearby forts and the beautiful Bhandardara Dam. A trek to Kalsubai Peak is one of the most difficult treks near Pune.
Location: Baari Village, near Bhandardara, Maharashtra
5. Sinhagad Fort Trek: Dating back to around 2000 years, Sinhagad Fort is built on the top of a hill and overlooks the beautiful mountain range of Sahyadris. Translating to the “fort of the lion”, this fort houses a rich history. The trek to this fort is comparatively easy and takes just an hour to get complete. On your way to the top you will come across various beautiful backdrops for your memorable pictures and it one of the best places for trekking in Pune.
Location: Sinhagad Ghat Road, Thoptewadi, Maharashtra
6. Rajmachi Trek: One of the very famous locations for trekking near Pune, Rajmachi Fort is located near Lonavala. Standing at an altitude of 2710 feet from the sea level you will have to cover a distance of around 3 km to reach the top of this fort. Once you reach the top you can gaze into the uninterrupted views of the silent Valley in front of you and the hills standing guard.
Location: Udhewadi Village, Lonavala, Maharashtra
7. Tikona Fort Trek: One of the best locations for trekking near Pune, the fortress of Tikona is a famous spot among nature lovers and photographers. Taking around 4 to 5 hours to get complete, this one is an easy trek and can be easily enjoyed by everyone. The path to the top is even and you do not have to traverse through the rocky pathways. Once you reach the top, you can glance into the splendid scenery of the nature around you and it os one of the best trekking places near Pune.
Location: Lonavala, Maharashtra