1. Visit Immaculate Conception Church: Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Church is situated in Panjim and visited by travellers seeking for some peace amidst the chaos of Goa. The church is built in Portuguese Baroque style, has a white facade and sits on a small hillock.
The bell at the church is the second largest in Goa and is known to be taken from the Augustinian ruins of the Church of Our Lady of Grace. Church also organises a mass every day in English, Portuguese and Konkani. When looking for things to do in Panjim, visiting this church is a must.
Location: R. Emidio Garcia, Altinho, Panaji, Goa 403001
Timings: Church masses are at these times
7:00 am (Konkani)
8:00 am (English)
6:00 pm (Konkani)
7:00 am (Konkani)
8:15 am (English)
9:30 am (Children’s mass)
10:30 am (Portuguese)
5:30 pm (Konkani)
2. Explore the Fontainhas: Explore the beautiful Fontainhas, the capital of Panjim’s Latin quarter. The lanes of this quarter showses colorful houses that are built in Portuguese. This quarter was built back in the 18th century and lies on the OuremCreek.
Take a relaxing stroll through these lanes and shop from the local shops and vendors here. You can even stop and eat at the many charming restaurants and cafes in Fontainhas which offer delicious food. Overall visiting this place is amongst the must things to do in Panjim to travel back to the history of the place.
3. Try Local Cuisine: If you are a foodie and are looking to indulge in amazing Goan cuisines then Panjim won’t disappoint you. Panjim has many restaurants and cafes that are famous for their authentic Goan preparations as well as cuisines from all around the world.
All seafood lovers will have a blast here as the fish curry, prawn curry, crabs, lobsters and many other delicious seafood items are available here. When in Panjim you should definitely try Galouti Kebab and Lamb chops at The Awadh house or Tangdi Kulfi and Dal Awadh. TATAKI is another famous restaurant that offers delicious local cuisine.
4. Visit Art Galleries: All the history and art lovers will fall in love with the amazing art galleries Panjim has. You can visit Gallery Gitanjali which is one of Goa’s oldest galleries, housing Scandinavian art from the 1950s to the 1990s. This contemporary art gallery organises several workshops as well as offers courses.
You can also visit Mario Gallery for its wide collection of artifacts and prints of Mario’s cartoons. Or you can spend some time at Sunaparanta, which is a non-profit gallery that makes art accessible to people. One can never get bored in Panjim as there are so many answers to the question: what to do in Panjim?
5. Day Tour to Divar Island: A Day Tour to Divar Island is one of the best things to do in Panjim. This is a gorgeous island that is surrounded by gorgeous blue water and has a wide range of flora and fauna. The relaxing atmosphere of the island away from the hustle of the cities makes it a great place to unwind.
This island was earlier a Hindu pilgrimage site with many temples and here you see the rural part of Goa in four villages. Some of the must visit tourist attractions of the place include Our Lady Of Piety, Shaktivinayak Ganesh temple, Diwadi, Wonderful Old Homes including Island House and Classic Ferry experience. Island can easily be reached by taking a ferry or bus into the town.
Location: Lies in the Mandovi river in the Indian state of Goa
6. Enjoy Nightlife in Panjim: If you are a night owl and are wondering what to do in Panjim at night, then you won’t be disappointed. This beautiful city of Goa has a hip nightlife and offers you all types of experiences including fine dining, karaoke nights, hip clubs, live music and everything else. One of the places that you should visit in Panjim at night is Joseph Bar.
This bar offers great beers as well as Kombucha, which is a locally made drink. If you want to enjoy live music or karaoke then Down the Road is the place to be. And if you want to dance the night away and enjoy having a lavish experience then SOHO is a must visit place. That’s not all, you can even go to a casino and have some fun time gambling for money.
7. Water sports at Coco Beach: Coco beach is one of the most famous beaches in Goa and is known for the amazing opportunity of watersports it offers to the visitors. When here you can indulge in things to do in Panjim like surfing, jet skiing, parasailing, kayaking, kite surfing, etc.
If you are looking for more of a relaxing time while indulging in watersports then banana boat rides as well as boating are great options. At this beach there are plenty of shops selling equipment required for watersports as well as trainers who will teach you the correct technique and help you out before and during the activity.
8. Shopping at Panjim Market: When it comes to shopping, Goa will never disappoint you. From colorful clothes to silver jewellery and from antiques to wines, cashew nuts as well as local handicrafts, Panjim market won’t disappoint you. You can also purchase the famous Goan drink feni from the market along with fresh fruits and vegetables.
You will also be able to find Goan spices in abundance at these markets which makes the Goan cuisine so delicious. While shopping at the market you can stop at the many eateries that are lined up across the market and indulge in some delicious sea food as well as local dishes.
Location: General Bernardo Guedes Rd, 2nd Phase, New Municipal Market, Panaji, Goa 403001, India
Timings: 7:00AM - 8:00PM everyday
9. Panjim River Cruise: If you want to experience the amazing waters of Arabian sea in the most exquisite manner then take a Panjim river cruise is one of the things to do in Panjim. Cruise on the mandovi river and observe the beautiful surroundings of Goa.
Taking this cruise at sunset will offer splendid views of the horizon and will leave you with unforgettable memories. There are also plenty of options of entertainment on the cruises like music, singing and dancing performances by artists. You will also be provided with delicious food and some refreshing drinks. All in all, a trip to Goa is incomplete without going on a cruise.
Location: Mandovi river
Timings: 6 PM- 8PM
Price: INR 600
10. Drink Beer at Joseph Bar: If you are visiting Goa with your friends and wondering what to do in Panjim at night, then you will not be disappointed as the city has a great nightlife. You can spend the night chilling with your friends at the Joseph bar, which offers great home brewed beer, fenny as well as Kombucha.
It is a very hip bar with cool colorful interiors as well as funky decor. You can also grab some quick bites here and enjoy the warm hospitality. If you are looking for some happening place to spend the night in Panjim, then you must visit this bar.
Location: Gomes Pereira Road, Altinho, Panaji, Goa 403001
Timings: 11AM to 11PM
Price: Approx cost for two without alcohol is 700 INR